Author Topic: Canada Thwarts Terrorist Attack  (Read 6661 times)

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Re: Canada Thwarts Terrorist Attack
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 11:12:33 pm »
We've been working on cancer and have effectively cured a few strains and now have moved on to others.
No, that's not good enough, because you see, the US is evil, stupid and bad, thus anything they do is wrong.
I'm drawing this from years of listening to Fred's "The US sucks" arguments.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 12:09:49 am »
We've been working on cancer and have effectively cured a few strains and now have moved on to others.
No, that's not good enough, because you see, the US is evil, stupid and bad, thus anything they do is wrong.

*starts laughing and offers brownies*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 06:14:42 pm »

Would you like an extra five hundred thousand researchers? You can have them. We've got the money. Once you've nailed all cancers including pancreatic and leukemia go and invent the uncrashable cars from I Am Robot. Then cure crime.

Go fuck yourself.

This strengthens my firm belief that Canada is the best country in the world.
You wouldn't say that if you actually lived here. Look up our track record on the environment and, even more damningly, treatment of our indigenous people. A lot of our foreign policy sucks donkey or elephant balls too (what exactly it is sucking depends on our neighbor's election results).

We are one of the great nations of the world, but there is a long way to go before the beaver gets to wear the crown.

1) Ain't nobody perfect
2) This is a largely emotional reaction to the cultural cringe on my part
3) You make a good point
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR