Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 858920 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3585 on: June 24, 2015, 10:37:55 am »
Had to cream my coffee with a bit of milk today, since I didn't have enough real creamer.  Its not as horrid as I remember.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3586 on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:15 am »
Got to hear Malala Yousofzai Speak today.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3587 on: June 25, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »
Finally got my High School diploma.

Congratulations! And hugs!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3588 on: July 02, 2015, 07:58:16 pm »
Finally beat Metal Gear Solid 4 after two years of trying to beat Outer Haven and failing due to the fucking GECKO's.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3589 on: July 03, 2015, 12:16:20 am »
I'm really into vegetable gardening. I have my little plot out back with the requisite tomatoes, peppers, beans, and until recently lettuce. Did pretty good for ourselves too. But I just found a wonderful resource. It turns out Baltimore City ha a couple extension agents. Their web page is pretty damn on point too. There's more information than I can comfortably browser. How did I think they were just for serious commercial farmers for so long?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #3590 on: July 03, 2015, 05:47:42 pm »
New laptop. That is all.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3591 on: July 03, 2015, 06:14:42 pm »
Ok, so I'm chilling outside when I hear the horn of a passing train and I swear I recognize a pattern. Then I realize what it is, the guy's doing the first few notes of Jingles Bells... in July.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3592 on: July 04, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »
I saw a good fireworks show.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3593 on: July 05, 2015, 03:57:10 pm »
Random amusing note: In Asterix and the Vikings movie the ending credit has a joke just for the parents. In one of the many slides showing what happened after the film, the young hero who just got married is apparently begging some more magic potion from the druid ...because it is his wedding night and he needs/wants the extra energy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3594 on: July 05, 2015, 09:23:48 pm »
I saw a good fireworks show.

Oh, right. That reminds me.

Wednesday was my first Canada Day celebration. Mostly a casual thing here, hung out for a party with a bunch of friends I'd made at work here and then wandered downtown to watch the fireworks. It was very much like the Fourth of July back home, yet completely different somehow at the same time.

I'm still hoping I can keep my job over the winter and move here permanently.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3595 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »
Made it through another Earth orbit.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3596 on: July 07, 2015, 09:28:06 pm »
Congrats
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3597 on: July 07, 2015, 10:30:47 pm »

How does it feel to be 365 days closer to death?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3598 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »

How does it feel to be 365 days closer to death?

Not a whole lot different. Then again, I don't read ahead for spoilers.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3599 on: July 09, 2015, 01:13:24 am »
After some theological debate it has been (accidentally) discovered that Finnish Lutheran priests can in fact marry same sex couples as soon as the Finnish law is updated.

This was discovered through a loophole... You see, a while ago a Finnish celebrity (really rich guy who spends a lot of time in the tabloid headlines) got married in a church despite the fact that neither he, nor his new wife, are members of the church. Which goes against the rules. But in the aftermath it was decided that the marriage is still valid, which is an important detail. The conclusion was that the church can punish priests who violate their rules but they cannot "undo" the marriage even if they afterwards discover that (although legal according to the laws of Finland) the marriage violates some rules of the church.

And there are priests who have already said that they are willing to marry gay couples so, as soon as the government finishes changing the law, things are going to get interesting.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!