Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 858172 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4155 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »
FINALLY!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4156 on: August 31, 2016, 04:49:32 pm »
I think I managed to solve most of the problems regarding moving out.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4157 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:20 pm »
Ill be moving in with my partner. Doing a month trial on thursday to see how it goes.

Also i think my conures are breeding
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4158 on: September 08, 2016, 11:35:37 am »
Found something that hits harder than Death Wish coffee: straight cold brewed coffee.  The flavour is strong as fuck.  Seriously, if Death Wish is Hafthor Bjornsson, then cold brew is Heracles himself.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4159 on: September 09, 2016, 02:47:51 am »
Successfully did Bulgarian Split Squats today, and completed a leg workout without any awkwardness or posture irregularity.

Bit of backstory - I ran track and field in high school, well, in 12th grade - I'd wanted to try out for football being I had lifted heavy weights a lot at that time, but instead I ended up shuffled into cross country. I ran too much and overstrained my legs, resulting in injuries in my calves - highly aggravated shin splints. Ever since then, I was extremely leery of working out my legs, but now I've overcome that rank paranoia.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4160 on: September 17, 2016, 08:01:40 pm »
Ordered a pair of super-comfy sandals from Amazon for just under $40.  Considering they're freaking Dr. Scholl's, that's a fuckin steal.  Also, my old ones are a little worn and are comparatively like they're made of wood.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4161 on: September 29, 2016, 03:48:01 am »
The Finnish tank museum is suddenly getting a lot of visitors. You see, the museum at Parola has the only remaining BT-42 tank. Which is not technically tank as it is actually a tracked howitzer. Finland built a few of them out of captured BT-7 tanks BUT they were used like real tanks ...in a disastrous counter-attack that should not have been done.

Now the lone BT-42 in the museum is the last one of its kind. And people are coming to see it from Japan. In fact Japanese have also donated 10'000€ for the museum fund for building a new tank shelter, which is more than what Finns have donated so far.

Why you ask? Because "Girls und panzer" anime has Finnish girls piloting a BT-42 in a competition between schools.

...Yeah.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001271402.html (Article in moonspeak, use google translate.)

The anime-version in action:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJLmb8qy-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJLmb8qy-Y</a>

(Note that the tank really was a lot more agile than the other tanks of the era and could drive without tracks, but the anime does still exaggerate things. But the cannon was only useful against infantry. One BT-42 hit a T-34 18 times without even slowing it down.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4162 on: September 29, 2016, 12:11:25 pm »
Got my financial aid disbursement today and splurged a bit on a little throwback: JNCO 32s.  I'd have gotten the 50s, but they were out of my size, much to my disappointment.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4163 on: September 29, 2016, 09:42:16 pm »
snip

Granted, I'm hesitant to call this anything but good. Why? Because they're donating. And if their donations help keep the museum running, then good on you, weebs.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4164 on: September 29, 2016, 10:12:52 pm »
Got Doom for my birthday, bitches!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4165 on: September 30, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
snip

Granted, I'm hesitant to call this anything but good. Why? Because they're donating. And if their donations help keep the museum running, then good on you, weebs.

That's why I talked about it in this thread. Also, the film seems as funny as the anime although they still show a clear lack of respect to the laws of physics. Here's some more adventures of the Finnish not-tank with fake improved subtitles:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMCDAWPUrs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMCDAWPUrs</a>

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4166 on: October 01, 2016, 09:20:06 pm »
Got a pair of JNCO 32s for the first time in over a decade!  Despite the fact that the manufacturer (as is with most clothing manufacturers) seems to think that anyone with a 44-inch waist is somewhere around 700 feet tall, they are pretty much the most comfortable jeans ever.  A little cuff folding and a few safety pins, and the leg length problem is solved, and all in all, it was well worth the ~$70 price tag.

Even Then

« Reply #4167 on: October 03, 2016, 03:02:36 pm »
This was last Wednesday but fuck it I'm a rebel. Had a board game night with some people from SETA (local LGBT organization). There was some good snacks, this older trans woman regaled us with tales of her relationship life, it was chill.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4168 on: October 13, 2016, 12:08:46 pm »
Got some Cruzan 151, today.  151 proof rum; shit so strong, it literally has a flammability warning on the bottle.  If my bottle of Captain Morgan 100 lasted me, like, two months, this should last me even longer!  Especially since I'd need 51% less to get just as fucked as the Cap'n gets me.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #4169 on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:35 pm »
I got an A-plus on my social issues midterm.