Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629359 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6780 on: June 26, 2019, 09:30:26 am »
I think that's supposed to be Schumer. But I don't think anyone from the Democrats wants to impeach Pelosi.

There's going to be pressure mounting on her either to allow an impeachment inquiry to begin or to step down as Speaker.

And frankly, they should impeach--just not on obstruction. (The argument "you can't have obstruction without an underlying crime," while wrong, will resonate with all too many people.) They should impeach over emoluments, because on that one they have Trump completely cold (remember, Jimmy Carter had to sell his peanut farm), and it's actually a Constitutional demand on the President, and so any Republican who votes against impeachment or conviction can be instantly branded as not giving a fuck about the Constitution.

I still suspect you'll see Pelosi move on obstruction after the debt ceiling and government funding bills are finally done later this year.  Until then, they can't risk giving Trump a reason to be a moron, as he can single-handedly block those bills, and he won't understand why passing those bills is so important.  After all, declaring bankruptcy and laughing has been his go-to business move for most of his life; why wouldn't it work for the US too?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6781 on: June 26, 2019, 09:33:09 am »
Maybe it's because I'm old. But why is there a subset of young voters who will vote for a president solely based off of the best memes? I saw a post on ask a liberal the other day saying I want to vote for someone on the left but they just don't have the best memes.
When politics does not seem to affect you personally, when no one is campaigning to make your sexuality illegal or otherwise about to harm you, it just doesn't seem important. Then you get people making their choice based on superficial aspects like "which candidate is the tallest one?" or "who has the best memes?"

When I mocked Trump to a gamer/otaku edgelord before the election his answer was: "he is against political correctness, he can't be that bad."

This guy is Finnish so he couldn't vote for Trump but he is old enough to vote in our elections. If he does it is pretty obvious which party gets his vote.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6782 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:35 am »
So basically the right wing memers are either wealthy white kids who have nothing to worry about other than some imagined persecution complex because some black guy on the internet is saying he wants to be treated like a white person, or a foreigner who will not be effected by the election and is just trying to stir chaos for the lulz?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6783 on: June 26, 2019, 02:16:17 pm »
Wasn't part of Bush Jr's campaigns "he's the better guy to have a beer with"?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6784 on: June 26, 2019, 08:09:35 pm »
So basically the right wing memers are either wealthy white kids who have nothing to worry about other than some imagined persecution complex because some black guy on the internet is saying he wants to be treated like a white person, or a foreigner who will not be effected by the election and is just trying to stir chaos for the lulz?

Privileged doesn't necessarily mean wealthy. You can have working class - usually but not always white - kids who are annoyed that "SJWs" are policing their language and complain about their casual "ironic" mocking of minorities "for lulz".

The attitude of the Finnish guy I mentioned was born from spending a lot of time in 4chan, Reddit etc. Take a random memelord from America and you probably find out a similar thinking process. This privileged attitude of everything is for lulz and people who complain (i.e. whom it actually effects and realize it) are just "SJWs" who oppress them can very easily be used to support fascistic ideas and luring/pushing them into actual fascism step by step. The memelords generally have very little real political consciousness to start with but the actual Nazis are actively encouraging this phenomenon and finding new ways to pull people in.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6785 on: June 26, 2019, 09:18:45 pm »
You think that's a shit cartoonist?

BOOM! What do you say to that?`

In his notes he explains who the right-wing memers in the picture are because nothing says "famous and successful memer" like being forced to name each of them and explain how being retweeted by Trump twice(!) makes you notable.

The Left can’t meme, while the Right has an impressive roll call of Meme Warriors. When it comes to funny, high impact memes that launch weaponized truth directly at the Left’s delusional fantasies, the Right wins every time! The Meme Warriors include:

Carpe Donktum, his memes have been retweeted by President Trump twice. @carpedonktum

The Geekz Team, his amazing action memes are incredible. @thegeekzteam

Mad Liberals, A perfect combination of memes that make liberals cry salty tears with a dash of Monty Python. @mad_liberals

Solmemes, A regular meme workhorse pumping out high quality memes that give the left bad dreams. @Solmemes1

Thug Life, The warrior behind the scenes that enhances memes for everyone and produces those memes where people end up with glasses and a joint. @ThugLifenewShit

Big Game Productions, Making MAGA manga style video comic books and Making Comic Books Great Again! @BGProductions

Something Wicked, he has an arsenal of video game memes. @som3thingwicked

TT Cube, The meme warrior’s tech guy, if any one has any questions, he is the man to ask. @tt_cube

So basically this just came about so the dude who drew it could jerk off his twitter pal's egos? Nice.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6786 on: June 27, 2019, 11:08:48 am »
I think that's supposed to be Schumer. But I don't think anyone from the Democrats wants to impeach Pelosi.

There's going to be pressure mounting on her either to allow an impeachment inquiry to begin or to step down as Speaker.

And frankly, they should impeach--just not on obstruction. (The argument "you can't have obstruction without an underlying crime," while wrong, will resonate with all too many people.) They should impeach over emoluments, because on that one they have Trump completely cold (remember, Jimmy Carter had to sell his peanut farm), and it's actually a Constitutional demand on the President, and so any Republican who votes against impeachment or conviction can be instantly branded as not giving a fuck about the Constitution.

I still suspect you'll see Pelosi move on obstruction after the debt ceiling and government funding bills are finally done later this year.  Until then, they can't risk giving Trump a reason to be a moron, as he can single-handedly block those bills, and he won't understand why passing those bills is so important.  After all, declaring bankruptcy and laughing has been his go-to business move for most of his life; why wouldn't it work for the US too?

Trump doesn't need a reason to be a moron on that stuff. He already set a record for the longest government shutdown; who says he won't try again? (Trump can rally his base against any Republican who votes to override his vetoes, after all, and they saw what happened to Mark Sanford, they're seeing what's happening to Justin Amash, and they have the lion's share of Senators up for reelection this time around.)

And bankruptcy is, as you say, his business model, so he doesn't really need a reason to veto the debt ceiling bill, either.

So there's still going to be pressure on Pelosi either to allow an impeachment inquiry or to step down--or, perhaps, if Trump does veto one of those bills, to try to get enough Senate Republicans (who aren't up for reelection) onside to invoke the 25th Amendment.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #6787 on: June 27, 2019, 02:38:53 pm »

Trump doesn't need a reason to be a moron on that stuff. He already set a record for the longest government shutdown; who says he won't try again? (Trump can rally his base against any Republican who votes to override his vetoes, after all, and they saw what happened to Mark Sanford, they're seeing what's happening to Justin Amash, and they have the lion's share of Senators up for reelection this time around.)

And bankruptcy is, as you say, his business model, so he doesn't really need a reason to veto the debt ceiling bill, either.

So there's still going to be pressure on Pelosi either to allow an impeachment inquiry or to step down--or, perhaps, if Trump does veto one of those bills, to try to get enough Senate Republicans (who aren't up for reelection) onside to invoke the 25th Amendment.

My point is, she doesn't want to hand him an easy excuse to do those things.  If he just does them because, then people are going to point the finger at him (except for his idiot base, of course).  But if the Dems start impeachment first, then he'll use it as a shield, and the equally idiot US MSM will help him.  And let's be straight; although Trump is a moron, McConnell is not.  If it looks like the Repubs will take 100% of the blame for a debt default, McConnell will cave on it - because he really doesn't want to be on the hook for the results of THAT...

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #6788 on: June 27, 2019, 05:44:39 pm »
Is it just me, or does the "Geekz Team" guy look like Keanu?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #6789 on: June 28, 2019, 02:29:24 pm »
"MAGA manga style video comic books"? 

Whatever "video comic books" are supposed to be, that sounds horrible.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6790 on: June 28, 2019, 02:56:44 pm »
"MAGA manga style video comic books"? 

Whatever "video comic books" are supposed to be, that sounds horrible.

Maybe he's talking about motion comics?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6791 on: July 05, 2019, 11:50:07 pm »

Oh, some jackass thinks they're being clever by using animals as a metaphor! Well, this doesn't work, because killer whales eat sharks. Then again, I'd say that dovetails nicely with the stupidity of saying Da Jooz are trying to use Islamic extremists - who are almost universally anti-Semites - to achieve their supposed goal of wiping out the white race.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6793 on: July 07, 2019, 07:07:25 pm »
Gotta love this this narrative that the right is cooking up to scare boomers that the Democrats want to take away your insurance and give it to only illegal immigrants.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6794 on: July 07, 2019, 08:26:00 pm »
...Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the font Ramirez uses to an almost unhealthy degree?  Its like if you took Tidus from FFX and turned him into a font.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.