Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671450 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2085 on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »
Why does the 26 year old look like a 46 year old?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2086 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »
Why does the 26 year old look like a 46 year old?

Yeah, I've never seen any 26 year old that looks like that. Also this reinforces the whole "You have to be out of your parents house by a certain age" bs.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2087 on: February 01, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Sigma

• Neonate
« Reply #2088 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:59 pm »

I don't get it. Someone care to explain?

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2089 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:35 pm »
It's pointing out the double standard of dogs getting their claws trimmed while cats get their claws removed.

The cartoon sucks, but the point is valid. Declawing is horrible and unnecessary. I propose anyone who wants to have their cat declawed should have their fingers severed at the last joint to see what it feels like, because that's exactly what declawing is.

If your cat doesn't like having their claws trimmed, get a helper, wrap the cat up in a towel and trim away. Or get those soft claw caps. My vet charges like $10 + the cost of the caps to put them on.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2090 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »

Is this seriously trying to say that surgically removing a cat's claws is the same as trimming the nails? Trimming the cat's nails and rounding the points is perfectly fine, declawing is not. Declawing is the same as if I cut of the tips of your fingers to the joint closest to the end. I can understand why someone might argue in favor of declawing, but that cartoon is the kind of idiocy that will make me punch someone in the face.

The cartoon also looks horrendously done. Did they use random ass clip art the found through a google search? The kid at the bottom looks like he was shoddily edited in MS paint. There's also a large white spot in front of the dog's paws. For fuck's sake, even MS paint can do decent editing if you put in more than 5 seconds of effort.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2091 on: February 01, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »
It's pointing out the double standard of dogs getting their claws trimmed while cats get their claws removed.

The cartoon sucks, but the point is valid. Declawing is horrible and unnecessary. I propose anyone who wants to have their cat declawed should have their fingers severed at the last joint to see what it feels like, because that's exactly what declawing is.

If your cat doesn't like having their claws trimmed, get a helper, wrap the cat up in a towel and trim away. Or get those soft claw caps. My vet charges like $10 + the cost of the caps to put them on.

No, it's saying that declawing a cat is the same as trimming a dog's claws.  It's not saying declawing is bad, it's saying it's not bad.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2092 on: February 01, 2013, 10:05:55 pm »
I wonder if the person knows what we know

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #2093 on: February 02, 2013, 03:25:23 am »

Uhh lots of people trim their cat's claws.

In fact I am pretty sure that trimming is NOT the same as declawing.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #2094 on: February 02, 2013, 09:03:52 am »

Actually I kind of agree with this... Not all soldiers are like that though.

My point exactly.  This implies that all US soldiers are like that.  In reality, only a tiny handful are.
But the picture doesn't say "profile of a soldier", it says "profile of a suicide bomber".

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2095 on: February 02, 2013, 12:20:33 pm »

Why does the little boy look like he's having a seizure with some weird shit behind him in the second pic
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2096 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:05 pm »
His shirt is also drawn weird. In fact it looks like the whole comic is made from some powerpoint standard images or something like that. And since he couldn't find an alarmed kid wearing a shirt just like the one in the first picture he recoloured the shirt. Badly.

And since he is protesting against cruelty against animals why doesn't he care about neutering?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2097 on: February 02, 2013, 01:25:39 pm »
His shirt is also drawn weird. In fact it looks like the whole comic is made from some powerpoint standard images or something like that. And since he couldn't find an alarmed kid wearing a shirt just like the one in the first picture he recoloured the shirt. Badly.

And since he is protesting against cruelty against animals why doesn't he care about neutering?

Because neutering is kind.  It prevents the creation of unwanted animals who will only get into trouble on the streets.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2098 on: February 02, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »

Perhaps they were already neutered... or something.
Idk if neutering counts as cruelty though.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2099 on: February 02, 2013, 02:15:28 pm »
Especially with cats if you dont neuter you have a lot of strays.  Animal shelters are full of cats