Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673917 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4260 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:11 pm »
Wow! That second picture looks like it is an anti tank rifle? A fifty caliber rifle would look like a toy next to that monster.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4261 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »
How is that legal  :o
The point was the original post had a dumb gun argument and he countered by showing the quickness of gun growth

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4262 on: January 17, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Guns today can easily blow someone's head off from 50 feet, back then the best musket might be able to hit a target at 10.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4263 on: January 17, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »

I'm sure you guys know the counter image for this.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4264 on: January 17, 2014, 08:30:11 pm »

It's legal, it's just restricted to hell and back. Rifles like that are collectors items and strictly regulated by the ATF. Also, rounds for those are incredibly rare. I'd rather not have one of those myself because, frankly, I'm not rich enough to be able to shoot it.

Guns today can easily blow someone's head off from 50 feet, back then the best musket might be able to hit a target at 10.

Mmm, yes and no. I'll preface this by saying I'm just nosing in here because I enjoy sharing information about an interest of mine.

Your typical musket used in the American Revolution, such as the Brown Bess (used by the British) or the Charleville (used by the Americans) were smooth bore and would be used with under-sized rounds which made them inaccurate, but they still had an effective range of between 50 yards (150 feet) and 100 yards (300 feet). However, the Americans made use of the Longrifle (better known as the Pennsylvania/Kentucky Longrifle) which made use of an elongated barrel of around 4 feet in length as well as being one of the first rifles to commonly use rifling. Their effective range (depending on the experience of the user) was between 100 yards (minimum) to 200+ yards (600 feet). To put this in a little perspective, the military issue back-up iron sight on my AR-15 has a minimum distance setting of 200 meters (656 feet). 50 feet is about the mid to upper range of a typical handgun.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4265 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:46 pm »

It's legal, it's just restricted to hell and back. Rifles like that are collectors items and strictly regulated by the ATF. Also, rounds for those are incredibly rare. I'd rather not have one of those myself because, frankly, I'm not rich enough to be able to shoot it.

Mmm, yes and no. I'll preface this by saying I'm just nosing in here because I enjoy sharing information about an interest of mine.

Your typical musket used in the American Revolution, such as the Brown Bess (used by the British) or the Charleville (used by the Americans) were smooth bore and would be used with under-sized rounds which made them inaccurate, but they still had an effective range of between 50 yards (150 feet) and 100 yards (300 feet). However, the Americans made use of the Longrifle (better known as the Pennsylvania/Kentucky Longrifle) which made use of an elongated barrel of around 4 feet in length as well as being one of the first rifles to commonly use rifling. Their effective range (depending on the experience of the user) was between 100 yards (minimum) to 200+ yards (600 feet). To put this in a little perspective, the military issue back-up iron sight on my AR-15 has a minimum distance setting of 200 meters (656 feet). 50 feet is about the mid to upper range of a typical handgun.
I feel inadequate.

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #4266 on: January 17, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4267 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:41 pm »

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #4268 on: January 17, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4269 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:14 am »
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Not necessarily. Depending on what you mean by 'easily blow someone's head off'.

At the time of the Declaration, advances were already being made where guns are concerned. At the time, muskets could also remove a limb, depending on what ammo you were using.

But the discussion has been done to death.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4270 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:03 am »

Fucking transphobes...

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4271 on: January 19, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »
I have no idea what I'm looking at.

wrightway

« Reply #4272 on: January 19, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »
Someone appears to be making fun of transpeople by using the best known of the "Die cis scum" SJWs.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4273 on: January 19, 2014, 04:36:13 pm »
Get a load of this misogyny:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:42:20 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4274 on: January 19, 2014, 04:44:47 pm »
That was an actual argument used against universal sufferage back in the 20's.   What always made me laugh is the inherent implication that if politicians were mainly female, men wouldn't vote for who they though was the most physically attractive;  that's something only women would do.

If I was forced to bet money on it, in some weird hypothetical situation, I'd bet men would actually be the group most inclined to let physical attraction influence their vote.