Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1675339 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4455 on: February 14, 2014, 10:29:06 pm »
Also stop praising Pope Francis he's not a good person.  Ask Sigma
What makes you say that?
He among others expressed disgust over Malta adopting gay adoption

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4456 on: February 14, 2014, 10:57:21 pm »
By the way, I found an example of somebody who indisputably hated religion.  His name was Tomás Garrido Canabal, and he was a prominent figure in the Mexican Revolution.  Look him up.

OK, yeah, that is a pretty good example of someone motivated by hatred of religion rather than just communism.
Σא

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4457 on: February 14, 2014, 11:05:36 pm »
In part, yes, in the same way that Ivan the Terrible was partly motivated by Christianity (more specifically, Russian Orthodoxy), or Talaat Pasha was partly motivated by Sunni Islam.

By the way, I found an example of somebody who indisputably hated religion.  His name was Tomás Garrido Canabal, and he was a prominent figure in the Mexican Revolution.  Look him up.

Atheism is just the lack of belief in a God. It has no moral tenets or religious Dogma to follow. Atheists are not a unified group, and they do not worship anyone.  Communist leaders in a sense were creating their own religion based on a cult of personality where their people pretty much had to worship their leader and the state. If they didn't they were put to death or exiled. See Stalinism, (which isn't communism) and Juche. In part Communist leaders were motivated by the love of themselves, and the power and the control it forced on their own people.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4458 on: February 15, 2014, 01:09:40 am »
ACTIVATE FLAME-WAR REPELLENT # 5183-D093

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:14:32 am by I am lizard »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4459 on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:16 am »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4460 on: February 15, 2014, 02:28:10 am »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4461 on: February 15, 2014, 11:54:02 am »

I know an example of someone who indisputably hates religion, too.  He calls himself Chagen...ain't that a coinkydink?  Seriously, though, for every legitimate headcase of an anti-theist that gains authority, you can find a baker's dozen of the same thing amongst the religious.  Every group has their nuts.  The Spanish Inquisition wasn't started by atheists.  Manifest Destiny wasn't inspired by atheism.  The leaders of the Crusades would have been more likely to outright kill an atheist rather than be in the same square kilometer as one.

The religious have done evil.  The non-religious have done evil, too.  However, the non-religious have, to my knowledge, perpetrated less evil overall.  Doesn't make us better, but it sure as hell don't make us worse.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4462 on: February 15, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »
DISPENSING MORE 5183-D093!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4463 on: February 15, 2014, 02:44:47 pm »

I know an example of someone who indisputably hates religion, too.  He calls himself Chagen...ain't that a coinkydink?  Seriously, though, for every legitimate headcase of an anti-theist that gains authority, you can find a baker's dozen of the same thing amongst the religious.  Every group has their nuts.  The Spanish Inquisition wasn't started by atheists.  Manifest Destiny wasn't inspired by atheism.  The leaders of the Crusades would have been more likely to outright kill an atheist rather than be in the same square kilometer as one.

The religious have done evil.  The non-religious have done evil, too.  However, the non-religious have, to my knowledge, perpetrated less evil overall.  Doesn't make us better, but it sure as hell don't make us worse.

That, and the non-religious don't have an entire book that is the central tenet of their belief system that contains a bunch of evil shit they can borrow from.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4464 on: February 15, 2014, 03:05:48 pm »

That, and the non-religious don't have an entire book that is the central tenet of their belief system that contains a bunch of evil shit they can borrow from.
Religious texts also contain a lot of good stuff.  It's like fire, which can be used to cook food for the homeless, or to cook the homeless for food.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4465 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:53 pm »
Gotta hand it to ya, Paragon...that's one of the best metaphors I've ever read.  I'm not being facetious, either.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4466 on: February 15, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »

Religious texts also contain a lot of good stuff.  It's like fire, which can be used to cook food for the homeless, or to cook the homeless for food.

Yeah, Jesus certainly said some nice things, but the God of the Bible was a tyrannical murderer who demands that all shall worship no one but him, with a special place for people to be tortured forever (even Jesus said shitty things, ex: Luke 14:26) and people still worship that deity and think he/she/it deserves the worship.

I'm sorry but I don't think I can get past the "nice stuff" in the bible. Perhaps it's best we no longer worship fire.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4467 on: February 15, 2014, 05:01:35 pm »
Why dont we agree that its a false equiviliency

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4468 on: February 15, 2014, 06:07:11 pm »
I think we should move on.  We're not really getting anywhere.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4469 on: February 15, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »
Huh Chuck Asay?
Seriously though it recently took a hit but truthfully he's done a lot for our cuban relations