Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673027 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4485 on: February 16, 2014, 11:35:39 pm »

From a page called "The Tea Party," natch.  I gotta say I find it funny that Obama's giving a subtle middle finger in the picture of him, though.  That's how I feel about people who post shit like this.  Incidentally, the two Facebook folk who shared this (that I still "follow" are both relatives.
Hitler only wanted to disarm the jews.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4486 on: February 16, 2014, 11:36:40 pm »
Fuck's sake... I believe in gun rights, but I don't think most gun control advocates are comparable to Stalin or Mao.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:00:15 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4487 on: February 16, 2014, 11:36:49 pm »
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure neither Gandhi, nor MLK ever said anything either supporting or condemning gun ownership...
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4488 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:58 pm »
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure neither Gandhi, nor MLK ever said anything either supporting or condemning gun ownership...
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume MLK would have wanted to get rid of gun ownership considering the amount of deaths guns had been responsible for in the black community.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4489 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »
Actually, if I remember correctly, Gandhi complained about Britain forcibly disarming its Indian subjects.  And according to the Huffington Post, MLK was also opposed to gun control.

Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.

William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that once, during a visit to King's parsonage, he went to sit down on an armchair in the living room and, to his surprise, almost sat on a loaded gun. Glenn Smiley, an adviser to King, described King's home as "an arsenal."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4490 on: February 16, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »
Actually, if I remember correctly, Gandhi complained about Britain forcibly disarming its Indian subjects.  And according to the Huffington Post, MLK was also opposed to gun control.

Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.

William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that once, during a visit to King's parsonage, he went to sit down on an armchair in the living room and, to his surprise, almost sat on a loaded gun. Glenn Smiley, an adviser to King, described King's home as "an arsenal."
True, but with the first one it was "Forcibly disarming" not "suggesting prohibiting people currently on a killing spree from buying ammunition" and for the second I can think of *COUGH*STANDYOURGROUND*COUGH*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4491 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

True, but with the first one it was "Forcibly disarming" not "suggesting prohibiting people currently on a killing spree from buying ammunition" and for the second I can think of *COUGH*STANDYOURGROUND*COUGH*
It should be remembered that back then, "gun control" all too often equated to "black control".  MLK was denied a concealed-carry permit for no reason other than the color of his skin.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4492 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:39 pm »

It should be remembered that back then, "gun control" all too often equated to "black control".  MLK was denied a concealed-carry permit for no reason other than the color of his skin.
Say, if we want to pass some gun control then all we need to do is convince the NRA that black people will own guns.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4493 on: February 16, 2014, 11:50:14 pm »
...That's dangerously close to Godwin's Law.  Why do you say the NRA is racist?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4494 on: February 16, 2014, 11:52:07 pm »
They know what they did.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4495 on: February 16, 2014, 11:52:41 pm »
They know what they did.
Care to elaborate?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4496 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:53 pm »
They know what they did.
Care to elaborate?
no

you'll never make me!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4497 on: February 16, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
If you won't answer the question, I'm gonna have to assume you're wrong.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4498 on: February 17, 2014, 12:28:55 am »
If you won't answer the question, I'm gonna have to assume you're wrong.
Or will you?????

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4499 on: February 17, 2014, 12:34:21 am »

Nope, no racism here. Damn race-baitin' libruls!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:38:23 am by Saving Fish From Drowning »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!