Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673560 times)

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5490 on: February 28, 2015, 07:28:38 am »
/pol/ was bad enough that there was an official attempt to drive the users out and clean it up, if not delete it outright. It apparently sorta succeeded in driving them to 8chan.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5491 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:00 am »
Both Extreme wingnuts AND moonbats are nutsy-cuckoo.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5492 on: March 02, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5493 on: March 02, 2015, 06:49:00 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5494 on: March 02, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Edit: big image made smaller

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5495 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:08 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Edit: big image made smaller

What's so bad about that last one?  Or is there some context I'm not getting?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5496 on: March 02, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »
It says nothing.
Seriously, what the fuck is the point of the cartoon?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:42:37 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5497 on: March 02, 2015, 09:51:38 pm »
It says nothing.

Simple: a paycheck.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5498 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »
It says nothing.

Simple: a paycheck.

I get the feeling that is the cartoonist equivalent of when you had to write an essay in school and you half ass bull shitted most of it just good enough that the teacher would think you knew what you were talking about when they looked at it.

"Ok, so we got something about breathing and cigarettes. I think I can make that work."
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5499 on: March 02, 2015, 11:29:45 pm »
The guy in the second cartoon getting choked is Eric Garner. He was choked to death on video by a cop but the cop still "walked". It's a tragic & infuriating case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner
I think the cartoon is saying that Garner brought his murder on himself just as the guy with emphysema brought his condition on himself by smoking.....making this toon a perfect example of "Worst Political Cartoons".

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5500 on: March 03, 2015, 12:39:53 am »
I thought the point that the cartoonist was making that someone who smokes, despite the bad choice is given medical assistance to breathe and treatment, whereas Mr Garner's bad choice 'the failure to pay taxes on his cigarettes' (or selling illegal cigarettes) was reacted to by killing him. I think it was in support of Mr Garner and blacklives mattter etc...

However given how badly it convey's its image I think it has to be considered in the 'worst' category. But then again I like to judge political cartoons not on the political message they convey but on the quality of the Art - Hence my view that Dees is necessarily in the 'best' political cartoonist category.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5501 on: March 03, 2015, 01:00:45 pm »
I researched that last cartoon. It's by Chip Bok, a conservative cartoonist. My take on it is it's a "hur-dur he asked for it" thing. Contemptuous shit. And funny how the anti-tax types are just fine with a joke that the guy died for not paying taxes. Garner gets dismissed out of hand because he's not white.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5502 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »
I researched that last cartoon. It's by Chip Bok, a conservative cartoonist. My take on it is it's a "hur-dur he asked for it" thing. Contemptuous shit. And funny how the anti-tax types are just fine with a joke that the guy died for not paying taxes. Garner gets dismissed out of hand because he's not white.

Well, I'd argue the opposite.  Since American conservatives are hardly pro-tax, I think he's condemning Garner's death.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5503 on: March 03, 2015, 01:32:06 pm »

Well, I'd argue the opposite.  Since American conservatives are hardly pro-tax, I think he's condemning Garner's death.

They are also against all healthcare and generally helping people after they have been born (apart from the rich "job creators" that is.) so the "he asked for it" stance is quite probable.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5504 on: March 03, 2015, 03:19:36 pm »

They are also against all healthcare and generally helping people after they have been born (apart from the rich "job creators" that is.) so the "he asked for it" stance is quite probable.

So really, it depends on whether he's a reasonable conservative or a wingnut.