Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676060 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5745 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:31 am »
It's repeating the Fox News nonsense that the Charleston shooter wasn't racially motivated and that it was really an attack on Christians.

Ah.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5746 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:07 am »
Oh I get it, those people with Jesus are those nine people who died. Definitely "Worst" category.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5747 on: June 22, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »
Its still very well drawn but yes, the message is crap.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #5748 on: June 23, 2015, 02:54:15 am »
While it might be repeating FOX news's angle. I dont really see it as being a bad cartoon.
Regardless of the motivations of the shooter, the people who died were without a doubt christian. Hence the thought that the victims would be welcomed into heaven would be seen as a comforting image especially to the survivors.

I dunno, it comes off more positive than negative for me.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5749 on: June 23, 2015, 05:56:24 am »
While it might be repeating FOX news's angle. I dont really see it as being a bad cartoon.
Regardless of the motivations of the shooter, the people who died were without a doubt christian. Hence the thought that the victims would be welcomed into heaven would be seen as a comforting image especially to the survivors.

I dunno, it comes off more positive than negative for me.

The image is certainly positive and quite sweet & moving....but the implications are "off".

Why can't these idiots just admit that Roof was a bigot who killed because he hated their skin color & ethnicity?

Further proof that today's American Far-Right is ethnically bigoted. Why else would they deny that bigotry-inspired white-on-black violence exists?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5750 on: July 02, 2015, 05:25:42 pm »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5751 on: July 02, 2015, 05:31:23 pm »
what
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5752 on: July 02, 2015, 06:20:54 pm »
Cartoon from Greece's Golden Dawn faction? Basically a Greek version of an A. Wyatt Mann POS?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5753 on: July 02, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »
Cartoon from Greece's Golden Dawn faction? Basically a Greek version of an A. Wyatt Mann POS?

I think that's Cyrillic, not the Greek alphabet.

Anyway, I have no idea what it's saying, but the black and Jewish stereotypes don't fill me with hope.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5754 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

Certain bigots have accused Jews of deliberately not giving the Holodomor (as well as other genocides) enough attention in the media (as they supposedly run it) in order to focus solely on the Holocaust. This didn't exactly come out of nowhere: Stalin had stacked the NKVD with Jews (consisting of over 30% of the force at its highest) to create a convenient scapegoat during the Great Purge, and, inadvertently, it seems to have been a factor as to why so many Ukrainians were later joining the SS in World War II.
This also overlooks the fact that unlike the Holodomor, the Holocaust had the benefit of the occupation of the Allies who made sure to scrupulously document, photograph, and film as much of it as they could, as well as put as many perpetrators as they could find on trial (thus creating a lot more information to study). Plus, the Holodomor took place in Iron Curtain-esque secrecy (like Chernobyl) and it was nearly completely impossible for the West see the true enormity of what was happening because of it. But who needs things like logic when you can just blame the Jews for everything?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5755 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:46 am »
I'm not sure if NKVD had that many jews at some point but I do know that Stalin ended up killing a lot of jews in his death camps during his regime. He was no fan of jews and his purges hit them just like they hit everyone else. Anyway, Holodomor was horrible and killed a lot of people, not unlike the Great leap forwards it did this by intentional starvation and systematic disregard of human life rather than straight up gathering people and executing them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5756 on: July 03, 2015, 11:35:23 am »

Anyway, I have no idea what it's saying, but the black and Jewish stereotypes don't fill me with hope.

I wonder if the "Blacks" are supposed to be "Arabs"? They have the same stupid beak noses as Jewish stereotype guy.

Stereotypical "Black" caricatures usually have round fat noses & huge lips that make them look more like anthropomorphized apes than people.

The Jewish "Fat Cat" has bigger lips than the dark-skinned guys in this cartoon.

The cartoonist stinks on a technical lever. Couldn't be bothered to add some basic shading to the White family. Looks like a bunch of dark-skinned Mid-Eastern guys attacking a colorless cardboard cut-out of a cartoon "white family".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5757 on: July 03, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »
I'm not sure if NKVD had that many jews at some point but I do know that Stalin ended up killing a lot of jews in his death camps during his regime. He was no fan of jews and his purges hit them just like they hit everyone else. Anyway, Holodomor was horrible and killed a lot of people, not unlike the Great leap forwards it did this by intentional starvation and systematic disregard of human life rather than straight up gathering people and executing them.

Not to mention the fact that Stalin was planning a Holocaust of his own before he died.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5758 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:45 pm »

I wonder if the "Blacks" are supposed to be "Arabs"? They have the same stupid beak noses as Jewish stereotype guy.

Stereotypical "Black" caricatures usually have round fat noses & huge lips that make them look more like anthropomorphized apes than people.

The Jewish "Fat Cat" has bigger lips than the dark-skinned guys in this cartoon.

The cartoonist stinks on a technical lever. Couldn't be bothered to add some basic shading to the White family. Looks like a bunch of dark-skinned Mid-Eastern guys attacking a colorless cardboard cut-out of a cartoon "white family".

Well, my Russian stinks but I shall try to decipher what I can.

a) The bag near the lower right corner has the word "heroin" written on it. For emphasis the other bag near it has a syringe.
b) The box says "All-Russian census population."
c) The speech bubble is harder... "[something something!] what such (basically "what's up?") Russian people and/but?" "Here [something] to haroshea(?) population for/to Russia."

Which is still gibberish but it is the best I can do. I tried stuffing that into a translator that understands cyrillic alphabets but I realized that understanding the cyrillics, without understanding the words, is annoying. I read the original text but subconsciously keep replacing the cyrillic letter with the latin alphabets or the sounds and then I get confused as I move to the other tab and try to pick the proper alphabet...

Anyway, I doubt we are losing much. This seems like yet another comic where someone complains about immigrants/refugees coming to their country and ruining the place by bringing crime and generally being "subhumans." Though the addition of the "Scheming jew" is a nice touch. Racism and anti-semitism aren't new to Russia.

As for the art style, I don't know if this is how Russians draw black people. I mean even thought this is not quite the same as how A.Wyatt Mann and other Americans draw a black-caricature this might be more common to the Russian cartoon style.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:00:52 pm by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5759 on: July 04, 2015, 10:25:10 am »
who needs things like logic when you can just blame the Jews for everything?

sorry for the quote mine, but it seems so perfect. also, that holodomor bit gave my history degree cancer.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯