Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672190 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5970 on: October 17, 2015, 07:36:52 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5971 on: October 17, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »

Meanwhile, in Realityworld; The Republican debate is Ringling Bros. while the Democratic Debate is the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #5972 on: October 19, 2015, 10:33:03 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #5973 on: October 20, 2015, 04:43:47 pm »
....holy FUCK, what century are those vile racists living in?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5974 on: October 20, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »
the 12th I presume.

pyro

« Reply #5975 on: October 20, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »
....holy FUCK, what century are those vile racists living in?

The Stormfront Century.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5976 on: October 21, 2015, 12:57:25 pm »
The Stupid Century....of Stormfront.

Or Stormfart.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5977 on: October 25, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »

pyro

« Reply #5978 on: October 26, 2015, 12:09:52 am »
I'll ignore the voter ID controversy (Arizona considers a driver's license sufficient ID), and instead ask the artistic question: how does Uncle Sam talking constitute a visual commentary?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5979 on: October 26, 2015, 01:20:47 am »
WHY is the cartoonist putting those words in the mouth of the personification of USA? They specifically chose a symbolic figure to give that speech but I don't see the point in doing so.

If it was being said by some random kid (or that starfish from SpongeBob sguarepants) then it would at least be funny.

And I still don't get how getting an ID in USA can be so difficult. I mean I totally get the point of asking for an ID if you are going to vote but seeing as it apparently is a massive hurdle to voters I kinda get confused. Then I remember that everything is expensive and the only things that are easy to get in USA are guns.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5980 on: October 26, 2015, 01:25:31 am »
One form of ID is easy. They generally want two or three, which... isn't so easy. Especially if you've moved recently, as one common form is a recent bill. Which is getting harder in general as most people have it paid directly from the bank nowadays.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5981 on: October 26, 2015, 01:40:30 am »
WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY WANT A BILL?!

USA get your shit together!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5982 on: October 26, 2015, 01:51:14 am »
So they can prevent minorities, youth and the impoverished from voting. That's the real motivation.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5983 on: October 26, 2015, 02:06:10 am »
WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY WANT A BILL?!

USA get your shit together!

Because, how else are they gonna tell who you are?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5984 on: October 26, 2015, 07:07:02 am »
WHY is the cartoonist putting those words in the mouth of the personification of USA? They specifically chose a symbolic figure to give that speech but I don't see the point in doing so.

If it was being said by some random kid (or that starfish from SpongeBob sguarepants) then it would at least be funny.

And I still don't get how getting an ID in USA can be so difficult. I mean I totally get the point of asking for an ID if you are going to vote but seeing as it apparently is a massive hurdle to voters I kinda get confused. Then I remember that everything is expensive and the only things that are easy to get in USA are guns.

The reason the cartoon is saying what it is, is because the author wants a symbolic American figure to defend voter ID laws. Those laws are passed with the intent of voter disenfranchisement of groups which lean democratic. These laws seek to exclude racial minorities by restricting ID access to white areas, college and young kids who are too busy with school to register months or two in advance, transsexuals who may not have updated identification cards for other reasons, and the impoverished who may not want to fork over the money for driver's license they do not need. Take a guess which party these groups lean towards.

The point isn't that it is difficult for any one person to get. The point is the law of averages, one or two people may find the burden too much of a hoop to jump through and forego voting. It's a well known phenomenon that humans can be disincentivized from doing things because of relatively minor burdens, and that is what these laws seek to capitalize on.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?