« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
610 was always my favorite.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: SCP
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 01:53:14 pm »
^Ahh, I've seen the pic they use on that one somewhere.  Some dude does art that reminds me of Silent Hill monstrosities living their daily lives.  There's one where they're all eating together.  Lunch Break in Silent Hill is what I call it.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »
I would so watch this if they made a TV show based off the SCP series. Some of the people on there are pretty damn creative and reminds me a bit of the X-Files.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:07:11 pm »
<Geek>Some would make damn good Doctor Who episodes too < /Geek>.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:59 am »
I would so watch this if they made a TV show based off the SCP series. Some of the people on there are pretty damn creative and reminds me a bit of the X-Files.
They would just need the right director, done wrong we could end up with "LOLfoundation" or a foundation where everything ends in smiles or rainbows.
Of course if it was a decent adaption I would watch the fuck out of it.
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 01:26:14 am »
The very first SCP is a Weeping Angel ripoff.

They would just need the right director, done wrong we could end up with "LOLfoundation" or a foundation where everything ends in smiles or rainbows.
Of course if it was a decent adaption I would watch the fuck out of it.
I'd be against everything ending well, but I'd also be against a hyper-competent Foundation, because let's be honest, mad scientists and dangerous criminals alongside soldier types is not the most safe environment possible, and stupid shit will happen. Plus, there'd need to be some lighter episodes to avoid Evangelion-level depression. It'd be interesting to see the less active stuff, like SCP-1958 done in order of it's timeline, with the SCP-Foundation as the framing device for looking at the records.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:59 am »
^ Actually, according to the site's timeline, that particular SCP predates the Weeping Angels ep by a few months (if I remember correctly).

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:45 am »
^ Actually, according to the site's timeline, that particular SCP predates the Weeping Angels ep by a few months (if I remember correctly).
Really? Hmmm...... nah, no way Moffat ripped off the SCP-Foundation.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 05:22:48 am »
The very first SCP is a Weeping Angel ripoff.
The second is also rather similar to a sidequest in Vampire, The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Granted, it's some looney crafting furniture out of assorted human biomass rather than the room itself, but the core idea is more or less the same.

Distind

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:13 am »
It's not a terribly original idea, just two good executions of it. Always remember, someone has probably told your story before, that's why yours has to be better.

Anyway, read over some of the new 1000, they're actually rather good. 1981 I think it was, would settle nicely with this crowd.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 09:28:46 am »
It's not a terribly original idea, just two good executions of it. Always remember, someone has probably told your story before, that's why yours has to be better.

Anyway, read over some of the new 1000, they're actually rather good. 1981 I think it was, would settle nicely with this crowd.
Yeah, that was posted last page and I agree. Who wouldn't wanna watch Ronnie in Saw-level torture while spurting stuff that predicts the future and oftentimes is metal as fuck?

SCP-1958 is just sad. SCP-1963 on the other hand, forces Lolfoundation events. SCP-426, as a First Person Toaster (it makes sense in context), should not be as good as it is. SCP-1972 is SCP-1972. Anything I say will ruin it.

Oh, and of course, SCP-231. I'm not paying for your brain bleach or therapy.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:44:26 am by PosthumanHeresy »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 11:26:40 am »
SCP-1958 is just sad.
Quote from: SCP-1958
analysis indicates that SCP-1958's trajectory will place it in the vicinity of the star Alpha Centauri A in approximately 37.2 million years.
Erm, I don't think physics works that way.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 11:44:49 am »
It's moving slowly, and it's trajectory was planned well, just with bad timing. Ergo, in a very long time, it will reach it's destination.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 12:07:35 pm »
At the velocity it's supposedly going, it's impossible. 130km/h is nowhere near the escape velocity of the sun (that would be 42.1 km/s from the Earth's position) or even the escape velocity of the earth itself (11.2 km/s).

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 12:42:19 pm »
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322
Wait, why did no one think of testing the vaccine on animals?

I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)