Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 111670 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2018, 10:39:13 pm »
Yeah, none of the ones I've been to in the last year and a half or so have had that function enabled anymore either
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2018, 09:20:32 am »
Good, so it isn't just the one closest to me.  That drove me absolutely fucking MAD.

"Please remove item from the bagging area."

"THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN THE BAGGING AREA, YOU UNCALIBRATED COCKEND."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #482 on: July 15, 2018, 04:13:27 am »
You have a right to speak. You don't have a right to be popular.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #483 on: July 15, 2018, 08:35:24 am »
Pls sticky in Preaching and Worship.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2018, 03:45:15 am »
Pls sticky in Preaching and Worship.

Seconding

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #485 on: September 07, 2018, 01:38:57 pm »
I Am Part of the Police Department Inside This Bank Robbery.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “police department” of the government, the one that enforces the laws against robbing banks. We want the robbery to succeed and think that the part where we made the bank clerks hand over all the money in their drawers at gunpoint was a step in the right direction.

But we believe our first duty is to make it out of the bank alive so we can spend the money we have stolen, and “Machine Gun” McGuire continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to our escape.

That is why many members of the “Gratuitously Murder All the Bank Tellers, Even If They Are Out Sick on the Day of the Robbery” Gang have vowed to do what we can to murder slightly fewer bank tellers during this particular robbery, while blaming as much of the whole crime spree as possible on “Machine Gun” McGuire as we shoot our way to the getaway vehicle. In this sense, we, too, are police officers.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2018, 10:30:18 pm »
Those poor bank tellers. All they have ever wanted was to love, to be loved, and to be a banker.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:14 pm »
When a man becomes intoxicated, he's not responsible for his actions.

When a woman becomes intoxicated, she's not only responsible for her actions, but also the actions of her rapist.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:55:40 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »
When a man becomes intoxicated, he's not responsible for his actions.

When a woman becomes intoxicated, she's not only responsible for her actions, but also the actions of her rapist.

Not saying that doesn't happen, but it seems like the other way around is pretty common too.

This infamous poster, for example:

Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2019, 05:16:46 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVoNQRzAS7U

So it is October 8th [2015], and the E-Bible Fellowship assured us that the world was supposed to have ended yesterday. They promised us it would be annihilated, and yet we're still here. Last week, they were all supposed to be raptured as the global economy collapsed amid an asteroid impact and none of that happened either.

Now, as far as I know, this is only the third time that the E-Bible Fellowship has failed in one of their end-of-the-world predictions, but as they have shown a consistent record of complete failure with no reason why anyone should ever have believed them in the first place, then I cordially invite them to shut the fuck up.

The same goes for the rest of you religious right Republican ideologues out there. I was always told that yours was supposed to be a just God of love and forgiveness. Why do you base so many of your publicized behaviors on prejudicial bigotry? Why is the word "intolerance" almost exclusively associated with the word "religious"? Why is it that the only time you ever show forgiveness is when one of your own needs to escape prosecution and will not be held accountable?

Stop wishing for the end of the world and stop trying to bring it about. Learn how to enjoy living and maybe let other people do that, too. They have that right, you know. If you say you want "small government" then why are you trying to legislate everyone else's most intimate personal decisions? Stop trying to stop other people from enjoying their lives and figure out how you can do that too, without imposing on anyone else.

Sex, for example, doesn't have to be a criminal or immoral act. It can be a respectable, mutually enjoyable activity even if you do it right. And if you can't do that, then it's OK to take matters into your own hands.

Why do you pretend to be oppressed when you're not allowed to oppress other people? Why do your politicians say that an atheist can't give an invocation unless it can be followed by a Christian prayer? Why would you say that Muslims can't hold public office unless they swear on a Bible? Why do you insist on erecting monuments that were never historical or posting slogans that violate every prong of the Lemon test? If you want to protect the nation from shariah law, learn to respect the First Amendment. That's why it's there.

Treat other races, cultures, and religions the way you want them to treat you, including when you want them to leave you alone, and don't allow yourself privileges that you would deny to anyone else. I believe the symbol of your hypocrisy had something to say about that, did he not? (Romans 13)

And stop lying to other people's kids in our classrooms on science, sex, social studies, and the environment. You have the right to be wrong and I won't deny you that, but just keep it to yourself, because they have the right to be right and to be taught things that are actually true so that our future will seem less reflective of Donald Trump and more like Elon Musk. So stop impeding that and all other progress, get out of the way, and shut the fuck up.

Quote from: Romans 13:1-7
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere is having a good time. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2019, 05:43:04 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2019, 06:31:27 pm »
I don't know why you'd feel threatened by strong women unless you're an incredibly weak man.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #492 on: January 15, 2019, 09:51:04 pm »
Same way in my opinion the only reason in my mind someone would be opposed to the sexual liberation of women is if they're an exceedingly ugly man in all senses who is afraid women being free to choose their sexual partners means they won't be able to obligate people to have sex with them any more.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2019, 07:41:04 am »
EDIT: Oops, wrong thread.

Anyway, there is a comment that I've seen a few times and I can't remember it correctly so my less eloquent version would be "some men are afraid that they might be treated the way they are treating women."

Actually, similar comment has been made about minorities. White supremacists have an irrational fear of becoming a minority in their own country only because they think that they would get the same treatment that they want to give to minorities.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:44:32 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #494 on: January 16, 2019, 01:22:40 pm »