Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 428921 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1335 on: July 12, 2017, 12:22:07 am »
Trump tries to fire him, and he'd look guiltier than Nixon.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1336 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:41 am »
Trump tries to fire him, and he'd look guiltier than Nixon.

I know. But, that is a red herring when one realizes that our president is recklessly impulsive, has little foresight, and cannot grasp the severity of negative consequences that result from his actions.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1337 on: July 12, 2017, 12:44:36 am »
True - thus, when Trump tries to fire him, he'll be gone. No matter how rich he is, he'll become such an albatross to the Republicans, they have to remove him or be obliterated in the Midterm Elections.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1338 on: July 12, 2017, 12:45:27 am »
Seriously how the hell is it legal for the president to fire someone who is investigating him?  Did nobody ever think this could be a problem before US politics went completely off the rails?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1339 on: July 12, 2017, 06:23:28 am »
Just had a thought that lil' babby Donald might have been really stupid while trying to be clever. The song he's been singing is that yes, he did meet with the Russians and did seek dirt on Hillary but he got bupkis. At least that's his current version of the tale. He probably pictures himself having to pay a fine at worst but not being any the worse for wear after he fronts court with the sort of lawyers guys like him can afford.

He might think that this will keep the sharks off daddy thereby finally winning his 'orrible old father's approval-instead he's probably brought the whole house crashing down.

It's not so much a conspiracy theory so much as a "moron tries to conspire" theory, whaddaya think?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1340 on: July 12, 2017, 09:16:51 am »
Donald Jr defence is currently on the level of "Sure I did make all kinds of suggestions to a 12-year old but when I finally went to her place to fuck her it turned out that there was just some 40-year old guy. So obviously I did nothing wrong or illegal."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1341 on: July 12, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »
It is amazing the GOP leadership looks at these morons and thinks "yeah they'll keep power in four years".

Ironbite-amazingly short sighted.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1342 on: July 12, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »
It is amazing the GOP leadership looks at these morons and thinks "yeah they'll keep power in four years".

Ironbite-amazingly short sighted.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American people.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

pyro

« Reply #1343 on: July 12, 2017, 09:50:04 pm »
I'm personally waiting for the GOP's downward popularity trend to turn around when the president announces that he has successfully replaced Obamacare with the Affordable Care Act.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1344 on: July 12, 2017, 10:02:10 pm »
To avoid a veto, it'll have to have the orangutan's name on it.  So, just write "Trump's Totally Brilliant Healthcare Plan" on the top in red (the most Presidential colour) crayon.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1345 on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:42 am »
This truly is the "Stupid Watergate." It's like a contest of whocan shoot themselves in the foot the most...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-contradicts-himself-on-russian-lawyer-meeting-a73c7d9420b1

It's like beonly cares about being in the news and just says whatever he thinks will make the biggest headlines.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1346 on: July 15, 2017, 05:13:54 am »
Joseph O'Neill says what a lot of us have been fearing.

The problem is that political tenability is largely determined by the electoral victors; and the Republicans, if they are the beneficiaries of a rigged midterm vote, will have the authority to decide if their own power is tenable and if it isn’t. This is a win-at-all-costs party that ruthlessly suppresses votes and gerrymanders districts; has brazenly stolen a supreme court seat; has set up an election integrity commission to combat the nonexistent problem of massive voter fraud; and (as we’re seeing in the attempted passage of the American health care act) has abandoned the basic norms of truthfulness and good faith in congressional cooperation, on which the American political system depends. If Russia is ready and willing to alter vote tallies in favour of the GOP, does anyone really believe that Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Mike Pence or Donald Trump would voluntarily stop it?

Were a de facto GOP-Moscow alliance once again to win a national US election, the incentive to repeat and, if necessary, strengthen the formula in 2020 would be even more powerful. It goes without saying that America’s old experiment with democracy will, by this point, have come to a complete halt.

The Russian interference issue isn't just team Hillary's sour grapes. It's not merely an attempt to distract away from the Democratic parties failings, though they are many. It could be a situation where two ruthless, anti democratic (with a small "d") factions team up to sweep aside the last vestiges of even the appearance of democracy in the United States of America.

There likely won't be an impeachment no matter what is uncovered about Russia's role in the election and what Trump knew about it. It might not even be possible to solve this clusterfuck by voting Republicans out whatever happens. To the Americans on this board I've never more sincerely hoped I was wrong. Please tell me that I am, I don't want to be right about this.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1347 on: July 18, 2017, 07:23:22 am »
The Trumpcare vote is such a close call that the Republicans don't dare to try it until John McCain is back from hospital...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2017/jul/17/john-mccain-healthcare-trump-made-in-america-week?CMP=fb_gu

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1348 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:34 am »
The Trumpcare vote is such a close call that the Republicans don't dare to try it until John McCain is back from hospital...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2017/jul/17/john-mccain-healthcare-trump-made-in-america-week?CMP=fb_gu

But after that vote, if you need to go to the hospital, well, fuck you!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1349 on: July 18, 2017, 03:55:12 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/health-care-trump-repeal-1.4210334

"Most Republicans were loyal, terrific & worked really hard," Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. "We were let down by all of the Democrats and a few Republicans."

I'm sorry, but how the FUCK is it Democrats' fault that a bill aimed at dismantling the previous (Democratic) President's signature accomplishment in favour of a system that would almost certainly have worse outcomes and was actually just a massive tax cut for the rich disguised as heath-care reform failed?

Dems have their own ideas: they already passed the ACA (which, as I will point out again, is a Republican idea in origin), many would vote to add a public option, and John Conyers' House bill to create a single-payer system has over half the Democratic caucus as co-sponsors, and Sanders will, unlike when he last attempted it, likely get quite a few Democratic Senators as co-sponsors for his own single-payer bill in the Senate that he has vowed to introduce.

The Dems are not lacking ideas for health-care reform, and already implemented one of them. Admittedly, that bill was a bandaid over a severed artery (hey, like other bills like Dodd-Frank!), but it was better than nothing. They'd come to the table to talk about things like public options (like they tried to do in Nevada before the Republican Governor vetoed it) or single-payer systems (like they tried to do in Vermont before medical device manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies threatened to jack up their prices), but not to talk about bills that will strip millions of people of health insurance and lead to more deaths from lack of access to basic preventative care and more medical bankruptcies, the number-one cause of personal bankruptcy in the US and something virtually unknown in other modern nations.

"The core of this bill is unworkable," Schumer said in a statement. He said Republicans "should start from scratch and work with Democrats on a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health-care system."

Of course, a public option, or a single-payer system, would do those things...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.