Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024639 times)

deadpandoubter

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:16 am »
Try being that way WITHOUT a virus of some sort. [/others-have-it-worse-so-you-can't-complain]

I am so tired. End of the school week, I've got...*counts* 4 papers due Monday/Tuesday, I have to take a friend's puppy to housetraining class tomorrow, and on Sunday I have to roam a mall with ear plugs in my ears to simulate deafness so I can 'experience the same communication boundaries as Deaf people'. My professors are trying to kill me, and I'm THIS close to fighting back.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48:03 am »
Teaching a 6-hour-long class, and only ending up getting to relax for about 15 minutes, total, of the hour's worth of break time that both teachers and students are entitled to. x.x
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2012, 09:02:08 am »
My sleep cycle has been completely whackadoo for over a month now. I have to fight my body to get it to go to sleep. On a good day I'm only up for around 20 hours. A bad "day" can stretch for over 36. And because I have school aged children the amount of sleep I get after one of these spells is completely dependent on factors like day of the week, time my body finally decided to give in, if my mother is feeling generous enough to get the kids off to the bus for me, and a large number of other things that can and do go wrong. Like going to bed at midnight, the puppy waking me up because she's acting like she needs to go out, and then having it turn out she just wanted to chase the damned raccoon. So go to bed at midnight, get up at 3:45, be up for another 20 to "god only knows" hours, and not be able to return to sleep.

And while my therapy has significantly reduced the dosage of anti-depressants I am currently on; most sleep medication, doctor ordered or otc, doesn't mix well with them.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2012, 09:06:14 am »
Being woken up by a damn turkey doing its little churk churk churk sound walking back and forth in the pouring rain because its too dumb to either get undercover or fly back OVER the fence it happened to fly INTO to begin with. 
Dumb dumb birds...
Oh, good morning everyone! *Waves*

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2012, 09:13:36 am »
Being woken up by a damn turkey doing its little churk churk churk sound walking back and forth in the pouring rain because its too dumb to either get undercover or fly back OVER the fence it happened to fly INTO to begin with. 
Dumb dumb birds...
Oh, good morning everyone! *Waves*

It's morning? Why, so it is.

I left a video for you in the youtube thread, Spaceprog, but I think I may have put one too many "s"s in your name.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2012, 09:20:14 am »
Thanks, but I'll have to view it when next I'm at my cousin's house.  My home compy is dial-up (OH THE HUMANITY!).

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:02 am »
Oh, dial up, now that was annoying.

And it was Vic Henley who had the joke about Nascar on the radio, Jeff Gordon, and how to screw with homophobes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:08:24 am by rosenewock21 »

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2012, 10:05:35 am »
Even though I've been dealing with fucked up sleeping cycles since I was a teenager, it's still very annoying. For the last week I've been all messed up x.x
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2012, 10:13:08 am »
What's a normal sleep schedule supposed to be?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:26 am »
What's a normal sleep schedule supposed to be?

15-17 awake/7-9 asleep. Anything too far over on one or the other usually indicates some sort of health problem.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2012, 10:18:58 am »
I was being silly.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2012, 10:31:29 am »
Annoying: The difficulty of conveying deadpan humour in text form.  Or humour at all without the overuse of smileys.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2012, 10:33:17 am »
Oooh, something else. I hate that tone generally doesn't carrying well over the internet. Nothing really on this thread, except my sleep deprived mind being too literal, but in general.

I could say, "Sure. Obama gets fucked by donkeys and has a steaming bowl of half dead kittens for breakfast every morning. He slurps up their little guts while they mewl plaintively and tries to futilely bat him away with their tiny paws."

Sadly, without the /sarcasm tag someone out there would take that as a serious statement.

And what Spaceprog said.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:16 am »
Awwww... poor kittens :(

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2012, 10:59:40 am »
It's okay. Sometimes I do have deadpan humor that doesn't translate well even in the real world. I try to do what I can to make it more obvious but sometimes it doesn't work. :(

&