Author Topic: Whistleblower punished in Steubenville Rape Case  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Whistleblower punished in Steubenville Rape Case
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:51:20 am »
While all but two rapists have been let off scott-free in the infamous Steubenville Rape Case, prosecution of the people that revealed it to the public has become fanatical.

"As I open the door to greet the driver, approximately 12 FBI SWAT team agents jumped out of the truck, screaming for me to 'Get the fuck down!' with M-16 assault rifles and full riot gear, armed, safety off, pointed directly at my head," Lostutter wrote today on his blog. "I was handcuffed and detained outside while they cleared my house."

Nobody had to press to get this guy charged with anything. There was never an official cover up. They wanted to charge him, and the offences he's charged with carry a sentence several times the sentence the rapists he revealed got.

This is an outrage, a criminal abuse of power. Anyone responsible for this arrest should be themselves arrested.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/06/kyanonymous-fbi-steubenville-raid-anonymous
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Whistleblower punished in Steubenville Rape Case
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:42:59 pm »
....either my mind is going or we've had this topic before

Ironbite-or I'm confusing this place with the Allspark.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »
Regardless of the good that came out of what he did he still may have broke the law in doing it.  So while I don't agree with his arrest, it is not an abuse of power.

...this is what happens when officials mindlessly enforce laws. 
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 09:02:06 pm »
Actually he broke no laws.  He didn't hack anyone's twitter.  He didn't illegally download any information off their instagrams.  He didn't write a script to break their facebooks.  All he really is is an information house that others came and left the info at.  Which is what the authorities are really after.  The people who did the hacking.  He's just a scapegoat.

Ironbite-sure is a god damn shame he'll get more time then the actual rapists.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 10:19:11 pm »
Even if he did do something wrong, there's something seriously messed up when the rapists get a slap on the wrist, but they throw/or intend on throwing  the book at this guy.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 10:28:46 pm »
Even if he did do something wrong, there's something seriously messed up when the rapists get a slap on the wrist, but they throw/or intend on throwing  the book at this guy.

Because they're football stars.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 10:37:04 pm »
I think if this happened because a Steubenville official had a grudge then it's pretty off. That said, Anonymous has given the US authorities more reasons than Stuebenville to be pissed off at them. In any case I think the practice of arresting a non violent offender by smashing into their place and pointing machine guns at them is unacceptable.

Anonymous does do good work, mostly. In the Stuebenville case they did essential work-so I'll be donating some money to his legal fund.

That said, I don't think that anyone could say with a straight face that the only plausible reason for the FBI to go after a member of Anonymous would necessarily be their outing of douchenozzle jock rapists in Stuebenville!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 10:55:40 pm »
I'd argue that a prosecution motivated by personal jealousy, even a justified one, is an abuse of power if that is indeed what is happening here. Not legally, but morally, that is an abuse of power.

Just because you can prosecute does not mean you should prosecute. If you don't know this, you shouldn't be in charge of prosecutions. This is a perfect example (IMO Aaron Swartz is another, but that's beside the point).
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 12:19:42 am »
I think if this happened because a Steubenville official had a grudge then it's pretty off. That said, Anonymous has given the US authorities more reasons than Stuebenville to be pissed off at them. In any case I think the practice of arresting a non violent offender by smashing into their place and pointing machine guns at them is unacceptable.

Anonymous does do good work, mostly. In the Stuebenville case they did essential work-so I'll be donating some money to his legal fund.

That said, I don't think that anyone could say with a straight face that the only plausible reason for the FBI to go after a member of Anonymous would necessarily be their outing of douchenozzle jock rapists in Stuebenville!

It should be clarified that Anonymous really isn't an organization at all. It's a lot of independent people (some of whom work together or know each other) who just act as though they're under the same banner.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 12:33:51 am »
B-But think of the poor dears, they only have all the sluts at the school throwing themselves at their feet, they only get mindless adoration, and praise after unending praise from their teachers, a free ride through school, and the easiest time at college ever...can't anyone think of the poor, unfortunate sports stars!!!

-vomits-

Disgusting. When those grotesque rapists get a slap on the wrist, this poor guy gets threatened with ten years for basically exposing their misdeeds? I think this was people at Steubenville trying to say that "you better not infringe on the power of the football team and those backing them. Or we'll throw you in jail."

I think this too needs to be made very, very public, and really embarrass the FBI.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 01:22:24 am »
Let's spread the word. Write petitions. Protest. Make a noise! Let's Facebook & Twitter this to death!

We can shame the whole town of Stubenville! Call it Rapenville! Fill them with utter SHAME!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 01:23:09 am »
Despite my views on hackers as a whole, this is outrageous. It just doesn't fit and I'm disappointed in the decision to prosecute him.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 07:13:05 am »
I will never call Steubenville, "Steubenville. Rapeville is more like it. Let's show the world what a town full of inferior subhumans they are! This is also the same town where EWTN is located.

Stodgy Roman Catholicism & Football Worship - Yup, it's a town full of stupid!

Something needs to be done! We must plaster the names & faces of the rapist & SHAME THEM! Spread rumors! DESTROY THEIR REPUTATIONS!

Likewise, do the same to the bigshots who covered it up!

Then venerate the rape survivor like a holy saint!

DAMN FOOTBALL! IT'S JUST A STUPID GAME!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 12:03:36 pm »
Anonymous should just be defined as a grassroots socio-political movement. Since some anon cyber-knights-in-shining-armor have hacked into the sites of the rich and powerful, any government agency would go after any individual for the sake of intimidating and discrediting the movement as a whole.

Anons are the new dirty commie radical hippie scum a la the 1960's. A lot of higher-ups and rich folks back then were terrified of the anti war movement and civil rights, feminist, etc. activists - who were typically college student "hippies". Thought the whole thing was a plot by the Soviets to subvert America through brain washing the youth into disrupting the country. Some more radical hippies did some overly militant, violent shit, like SDS and Weather Underground, but on the whole, thank gawd for the hippies and other "radicals" back then for making the world freer and more just. We should be proud of what most of anons have/are doing to expose shit, lies, fraud and oppression today.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59:36 pm »
HOw much hippie pussy did you pull back in the day mellen?