Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025149 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2012, 04:26:13 pm »
When people brag about reading a 400 page novel in one night...yeah, that's great and all but it kind of makes some people(like myself) feel retarded...but yet again I do have other things going on.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:39 pm »
When people brag about reading a 400 page novel in one night...yeah, that's great and all but it kind of makes some people(like myself) feel retarded...but yet again I do have other things going on.

Tell them to come back to you if they write a 400 page novel in one night.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2012, 04:47:31 pm »
This is a relatively minor annoyance, but I'm sick of trying to copy link addresses from places like Google and Facebook.  They always have to have that big fat fucking URL with all that information that I don't care about, rather than just copying the damned URL which is like at least 5x shorter most the time.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2012, 12:56:32 am »
I have two insect bites, which I think I got from a spider, on my boob. One of them is pussing slightly and a very thin layer of skin peeled off. I'm confused and dismayed.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:50 am »

I read OoTP in one night. But it's not that much of a feat if you are properly motivated and don't have distractions. Reading fast doesn't mean you're reading well.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2012, 02:19:43 am »
I have two insect bites, which I think I got from a spider, on my boob. One of them is pussing slightly and a very thin layer of skin peeled off. I'm confused and dismayed.

Just keep an eye on them.  If they get much worse (particularly the one with pus) you may have to go to a doctor.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2012, 02:34:35 am »

I read OoTP in one night. But it's not that much of a feat if you are properly motivated and don't have distractions. Reading fast doesn't mean you're reading well.

Really? If I read any of the books in one night, it'd be 1, 6, or 7. Order of the Phoenix dragged, for me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:11 am »
It was either 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure it was 5. If anything 7 dragged on and I couldn't concentrate so it took me ages to finish it. I only know that I finished it in one night cause I was staying up thanks to not being able to sleep in my sister's house and dad came in after he went to the midnight release and tossed it to me. So I stayed up reading it. And was one of the first to be talking about the death of Sirius.

6 was kinda... weird for me to read.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
I flipped on the radio channel and it was halfway through this song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg</a>

I instinctively started bobbing my head.

Edit: First World Problems.

One of my favorite authors, who hasn't updated in forever, put up a new story. Except it was in a fandom I know nothing about /whines.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:05:16 pm by rosenewock21 »
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2012, 11:30:09 pm »
I flipped on the radio channel and it was halfway through this song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg</a>

I instinctively started bobbing my head.

I do the same thing...Damn you SNL!!!

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2012, 02:32:04 am »

Quite true. I read the 7th in three hours, but I had no distractions and was really excited about the book.
(click to show/hide)

I brag about reading fast because it's a huge part of my life and I'm proud of it, but it has a number of drawbacks, like losing comprehension. It's not awesome.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2012, 07:22:43 am »

I read Finnegans Wake, Dubliners, Ulysses and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man in five minutes. While doing one-handed push-ups... on Jupiter. Also, I had an enormous penis.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:24:52 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:57 am »
So.  I've got a cold sore on my right upper lip.  That's not a big deal; I just avoid lipstick for a week, take half a bottle of L-Lysine, and it goes away with very little fuss.

The problem is that at the same time, my skin said, "Hey, you know what would be funny?  Putting one IN HER NOSE!!" So I have a cold sore just inside my left nostril.  Which means I constantly have that feeling of Something In My Nose and there is nothing I can do about it.

Also, it looks weird and gross and I feel like my class is staring at it. :(
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:56 am »
When I wake up to people fussing at me.

&

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #359 on: January 31, 2012, 04:47:35 pm »
My thyroid symptoms coming back again. I love feeling like complete shit.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades