Author Topic: Fandumb  (Read 77790 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Fandumb
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
Okay so there exists a group of bronies that a virulently opposed to Twilight's wings on deviantART, and it's full of fandumb.  They even have a petition to retcon the move (with under 100 signatures, lol).

http://theanticorn65group.deviantart.com/

Now, brony fandumb hits closer to home for me because I am a brony.  However, that's not what this thread is specifically about.  This thread is meant for any kind of fandumb, regardless of the associated fandom.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Fandumb
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:55:45 pm »
Okay so there exists a group of bronies that a virulently opposed to Twilight's wings on deviantART, and it's full of fandumb.  They even have a petition to retcon the move (with under 100 signatures, lol).

Now, brony fandumb hits closer to home for me because I am a brony.  However, that's not what this thread is specifically about.  This thread is meant for any kind of fandumb, regardless of the associated fandom.

"The only good princess is either one born of royal blood or one married into royalty." So basically, they're pro-monarchy?

Strange implications they've got there.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »

"The only good princess is either one born of royal blood or one married into royalty." So basically, they're pro-monarchy?

Where did you read...oh.  I see it now.  That's a group rule?  *facepalm*
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »
And these same bronies probably wonder why bronies get bashed so much, even by other bronies...

Fandumb?  Uh...  Dungeons and Dragons Online players, like all MMO players, whine about every single little change the game makes, calls it "terrible", and they seem to believe that since Turbine doesn't answer every single question issued by every single player, they're somehow "not communicating with the fanbase."

Seriously it's like... the actual haters don't even visit or spam up the game anymore because the fans do it for them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 02:42:02 am »

Nothing wrong with being pro-Monarchy.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:44:43 am »

...Married into royalty? Wouldn't that be a queen?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 02:52:57 am »

Yeah. Also I'm not entirely sure, but I think that if a woman marries into royalty they get to be Queen, but if a man marries into royalty they don't get to be a King, they're the Prince Consort or something like that. It's all weird, but yes, a woman who marries into royalty skips the "princess" bit.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 03:36:01 am »

Yeah. Also I'm not entirely sure, but I think that if a woman marries into royalty they get to be Queen, but if a man marries into royalty they don't get to be a King, they're the Prince Consort or something like that. It's all weird, but yes, a woman who marries into royalty skips the "princess" bit.

Like Princess Diana?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 03:41:12 am »
Right, forgot about that. So what I said is (I think) accurate but only if one marries the current ruler, but since royal families are fucking huge, the monarch's son's wives would be princesses, with lesser titles branching out when it comes to cousins and whatnot. I think. It's confusing and arbitrary, I don't even know anymore.

The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 03:43:07 am »

Depends. Philip of Spain (husband of Mary I of England) was given the title King Consort; in fact, of all the various consorts of Queens of England or Great Britain, only Albert had the title Prince Consort. Other jurisdictions vary on this point; I'm just most familiar with the English practice.

There's also been some talk of stripping Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (she has the title Princess of Wales but chooses not to use it, and of course in Scotland she's Duchess of Rothesay) of the title of Queen Consort should Charles take the throne and giving her the title Princess Consort instead; she may use the latter appellation anyway even if she is legally Queen.

As for being Princess after marrying into non-ruling royalty, I think that depends on whether your husband is just a Prince or is actually Prince of something. That said, the whole issue of who exactly gets to be a Princess or a Prince is pretty much up to the monarch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_princess
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 03:57:31 am »
I think we all learned something important today: Monarchy is confusing as hell.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 04:08:39 am »
I think we all learned something important today: Monarchy is confusing as hell.

Not when you compare it to nobility.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:30:55 am »

Only when they have issue.

wrightway

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:02 am »
There is a special place in fandumb hell for Dixons' Vixens in the Walking Dead fandom. They tend to be teenage girls who write desu kawaii ooc Mary Sue fan fics, and who clog up message boards. I gave up all but one group because of these walker weeaboos. The group I stayed on has one as a moderator, but the other mods keep her in check. At least she's stopped posting that the abused character (Carol) is her abuser's reject simply because the writers had the audacity to make Carol close with one of the Dixons.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:53 am »
Let's not forget those Frollo fangirls.  I could understand the book version of him, but the Disney version... no.  Just no.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.