Author Topic: Faith Healing vs Big Pharma  (Read 4409 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Faith Healing vs Big Pharma
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »
I heard a bit about politicians wanting faith healing being taught in schools, maybe it was Louisiana, along with the usual Creationism.

Again, like I asked about creationism and oil companies, given politicians get donations from big pharma and religious organizations, shouldn't this be problematic between the two?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Faith Healing vs Big Pharma
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:02:26 pm »
Let 'em go ahead.  Remember, faith healing is high tech in Louisiana.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »
Oh for the love of the goddess why does this stuff come from here?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »
Will they be allowing pagans to teach about healing rituals and meditation1 and stuff like that, too?

1hell meditation has more scientific grounds for benefits than "faith healing" does.

*spits*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 02:30:54 am »
Seems like an logical next step after making creationism a part of science lessons. I wonder what will be the next subject where they bring faith and religion (but only christian) to replace science?

Astronomy? Start teaching about how all the stars and the universe were created just 8000 years ago? Is there biblical mathemathics? Oh wait... Do the US schools have lessons about politics/society? They can fill that with the rubbish about how USA was created as a christian country by the founding fathers etc.

1hell meditation has more scientific grounds for benefits than "faith healing" does.

So...

Is that like, meditating about hell? Imagining that you are in hell? How is that supposed to help you? Or have any scientific evidence behind it...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:53:11 am »

So...

Is that like, meditating about hell? Imagining that you are in hell? How is that supposed to help you? Or have any scientific evidence behind it...

pretty sure there was meant to be a comma there....
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 03:26:35 am »
Yes, missing comma due to stream-of-consciousness writing style.  My bad.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:06 pm »
THE WAR ON EARTH'S CHILDREN CONTINUES. What Mr.Nevershould means that is the same detrimental effect that is attacking science and reason:Religion overstepping it's boundaries.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »
Well, I am a licenced cleric and just recently invested in a bunch of scrolls of cure wounds, who wants to team up with me and make a killing being faith healers in the deep south?

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 03:00:21 pm »
Not funny. I live in Alabama.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:04 am »
Well, I am a licenced cleric and just recently invested in a bunch of scrolls of cure wounds, who wants to team up with me and make a killing being faith healers in the deep south?

How many points did you drop into your healing skills?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 05:28:03 am »

About 2. Never said I was a very good cleric, did I?  ;D

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 05:38:53 am »

About 2. Never said I was a very good cleric, did I?  ;D

You're a faith healer. Actual healing abilities are irrelevant.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 10:17:54 am »
But you do need to know to Turn UnDead!
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 11:23:10 am »
Is there biblical mathemathics?
Yes. Pi equals 3.
Quote from: Kings 7
23 Now he made the sea of cast metal ten cubits from brim to brim, circular in form, and its height was five cubits, and a line of 30 cubits went around it.
You know, sensible people call such a thing 'measuring error' or 'rounding' or 'inner vs. outer circumference'. For certain fundies, however, this is proof that the value of pi changes throughout time.
*shudder*
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.