Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646456 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3180 on: January 22, 2014, 01:53:00 am »
I mean fuck, Kanye West is actually a pretty damn good musician, his previous dickery being irrelevant to that.

And yet you hear more praise for Eminem or, as Osama bin Bambi mentioned, Macklemore.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3181 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:13 am »
Oh Wykked I don't think Kanye has ever been dismissed. I think everyone accepts that he is the pinnacle and he basically named his last album 'God' . I am sure that there are examples which support your Macklemore comments but Kanye isn't one.

Edit:

Talking about lack of Credit - where is the credit for these guys:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXk-bmVxAA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXk-bmVxAA</a>
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:00:28 am by davedan »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3182 on: January 22, 2014, 02:11:28 am »
Yeah, I'm fairly certain people hate Kanye because he's an egomaniacal douche, not because he's black. Also, Macklemore IS pretty groundbreaking in the mainstream because mainstream rap tends to be little more than brag tracks and party songs. Is he groundbreaking in general? No, but he's still more creative than most of the stuff that hits the mainstream.
Who needs a signature?

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #3183 on: January 22, 2014, 02:22:38 am »
In terms of rap, Tupac was already groundbreaking in particularly his view of women. There are also contemporary gay rappers who can convey the concept of gayness better than Macklemore but they aren't mainstream partly because LGBTQ voices are still pretty much not mainstream if they aren't white-picket fences with 2.5 kids and a car in every garage. But again comparing the 1990s to the 2010s is even a bit of stretch considering that even rap evolves.

As far as being a gay icon though, there's mixed feelings about Macklemore and he certainly doesn't hold a candle to Cher, or Diana Ross.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3184 on: January 22, 2014, 07:14:19 am »
Yeah, I'm fairly certain people hate Kanye because he's an egomaniacal douche, not because he's black. Also, Macklemore IS pretty groundbreaking in the mainstream because mainstream rap tends to be little more than brag tracks and party songs. Is he groundbreaking in general? No, but he's still more creative than most of the stuff that hits the mainstream.

Tupac, Biggie, Eminem (who makes the opposite of brag tracks because he's always said he just wants to be a rapper that that is all he is), Atmosphere (depending on how we define mainstream), Hollywood Undead (depending on how you feel about some of their harder hitting tracks and the fact they aren't 'pure' hip hop/rap)

Macklemore isn't groundbreaking in any way. He's just considered that cause he thought he was gay cause he could draw. And the insinuation that all modern rap is about 'fucking hoes' and 'getting da benjamins' is ignoring a good part of rap. And racist besides.

While Macklemore is getting credit, people like Azealia Banks are being blatantly ignored even though she's a bisexual female who raps better than Macklemore. And yes, I am aware of the slur controversy with Azealia but that isn't the point.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3185 on: January 22, 2014, 07:26:15 am »
Azealia Banks is awesome - What's the slur controversy though?

I always though Macklemore was more groundbreaking in his economic views (that is you don't need to spend a lot of $ to buy things) rather than the sexuality thing. I mean so far as sexuality is concerned 'In Living Colour' sang ' everyone loves you when your bi' over a decade ago. (admittedly not rap). But so far as social values are concerned it seems to me that bands like the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy were ahead of the curve too. Plus guys like Jurassic 5.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3186 on: January 22, 2014, 09:02:27 am »
She is. The slur controversy is where she called Perez Hilton a "messy faggot". And people also aren't all that crazy about her reclaiming the word 'cunt'. Personally I think she has every right to do the latter, and the former I have no set opinion on other than Perez kinda deserved it (though I'm not a fan of her explanation of why she used it).

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3187 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:52 am »
I think that Epic Lloyd (of ERBH fame) had the right idea on how to reclaim "faggot". In one of his "Dis Rap For Hire" videos, he defines it as "a man with no spine, no pride, or respect" and proceeds to apply it to a couple of homophobes. In other words, he used it as an insult, but one that had nothing to do with the target's sexuality.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3188 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:03 am »
Yeah, Azealia used the definition 'a man who acts like a woman' which is gross on multiple levels so...

&

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3189 on: January 22, 2014, 10:13:49 am »
I mean fuck, Kanye West is actually a pretty damn good musician,

Yeah but It's hard for people to hear that through all the fucking autotune.  Either that or Kanye is in fact a robot, he certainly sounds like one on his records.

Loads of talented musicians (probably most actually) use autotune too for vaious reasons, but not usually to the extreme where it causes aural hemorrhaging.  Kanye might be a good singer and musician; if he is it'd be nice to be able to hear it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3190 on: January 22, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »
Well the thing with Mackelmore is that he's getting credit over actual gay people (UN spokesman for gay rights etc)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3191 on: January 22, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3192 on: January 22, 2014, 08:43:07 pm »
I mean fuck, Kanye West is actually a pretty damn good musician,

Yeah but It's hard for people to hear that through all the fucking autotune.  Either that or Kanye is in fact a robot, he certainly sounds like one on his records.

Loads of talented musicians (probably most actually) use autotune too for vaious reasons, but not usually to the extreme where it causes aural hemorrhaging.  Kanye might be a good singer and musician; if he is it'd be nice to be able to hear it.

If I gave a damn about autotune, I might agree.  But I really don't.

Especially when people whine when autotune sounds are used on purpose as its own instrument.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #3193 on: January 23, 2014, 03:04:36 pm »
Not sure about this one, but ...

What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3194 on: January 23, 2014, 03:43:14 pm »
Skinniest polar bear I ever saw  :'(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.