Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1647814 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4215 on: July 20, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4216 on: July 20, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4217 on: July 20, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4218 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:30 pm »
in response to the cartoon above: crucify the murderers (the bastards leading hamas and israel) in public, but leave the innocent alone. this war is giving everyone a bad name, but unfortunately, it is giving more casualties to the reaper than necessary. my partner received the letter today, the idf wants her back in arms.

*rage intensifies*
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4219 on: July 20, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »
in response to the cartoon above: crucify the murderers (the bastards leading hamas and israel) in public, but leave the innocent alone. this war is giving everyone a bad name, but unfortunately, it is giving more casualties to the reaper than necessary. my partner received the letter today, the idf wants her back in arms.

*rage intensifies*
Damn, that's rough.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4220 on: July 20, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »

*rage intensifies*
Damn, that's rough.

after reading the israel-gaza thread (and reading a few excerpts from marcus aurelius), i must amend my post. this situation is pushing me out of my personal philosophy of stoicism.

i do not blame the foot sloggers. i blame high command. it seems that israelis and palestinians are both tired of this senseless war and that is fertile ground for progress. it seems to me, however that only a select few idiots (read nationalists) are behind this continuing sterile bloodshed. regarding my choice of punishment, it is voluntarily shocking. i want these people to suffer as much as all the combined victims on both sides. there should be a balance, because high command is too disconnected from the horrors of the front line, especially when it's a civilian on those same front lines.

until i can discourse calmly on this subject that hits too close to home for me, i'll be in the angry dome, reading the soliloques

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4221 on: July 20, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
Extremists on both sides pushing their countries into a fruitless war where the innocent suffer the most.  It's a story that's far too common.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:50:32 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4222 on: July 20, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »
Extremists on both sides pushing their countries into a fruitless war where the innocent suffer the most.  It's a story that's far too common.

precisely. and that's the source of my anger. over the years on fstdt and now fqa, i've changed. i've gone from hot-blooded to trying to be the voice of reason, and as the years go by, i fear that i'm one of a dying breed. extremism is growing, and i feel more and more alone as the days go by. why can't the silent majority scream out its outrage and drown out the vocal minority pushing the kill-count higher and higher?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4223 on: July 20, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »

precisely. and that's the source of my anger. over the years on fstdt and now fqa, i've changed. i've gone from hot-blooded to trying to be the voice of reason, and as the years go by, i fear that i'm one of a dying breed. extremism is growing, and i feel more and more alone as the days go by. why can't the silent majority scream out its outrage and drown out the vocal minority pushing the kill-count higher and higher?
I don't know... but I have a few possible ideas.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4224 on: July 20, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »
All those political cartoons would be far more accurate if Hamas/Palestine were depicted as small and bony wielding dinky little home-made "weapons" while Israel is big and beefy and packing the sharpest, most expensive weapons out there.

As it stands right now, though, it's "false equivalence" fallacy up the wazoo in here.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4225 on: July 20, 2014, 10:08:46 pm »
All those political cartoons would be far more accurate if Hamas/Palestine were depicted as small and bony wielding dinky little home-made "weapons" while Israel is big and beefy and packing the sharpest, most expensive weapons out there.

As it stands right now, though, it's "false equivalence" fallacy up the wazoo in here.
Magus, just stop.  We're stronger than the Taliban.  Does that mean they're in the right?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4226 on: July 20, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

Magus, just stop.  We're stronger than the Taliban.  Does that mean they're in the right?

If we drove the Middle Easterns into a small corral, made it smaller with each month, and destroyed their homes just to replace it with our own, so that they had no choice but to rely on the Taliban to save themselves from us?  Then I would say yes.

Right now, though, I'm saying "You're blinding yourself with false equivalency and prejudice."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4227 on: July 20, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4228 on: July 20, 2014, 10:55:33 pm »
Remember when this thread was about good political cartoons and not UP's pictographic bully pulpit?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4229 on: July 20, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »