Author Topic: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found  (Read 14450 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »
People who are desperate will turn to any source for resolution.

And people who are interested in a quick buck take advantage of these sorts of people.

Absolutely despicable.  This "psychic" deserves all the bad fame she can get.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »
*Sees the idea Spuki has for a fic* *sighs* *rolls up a newspaper and whacks Spuki with it* Down, kitty. Down. If you REALLY want to get revenge, have your protagonist leave them in General Pop for a day, and let the other inmates know what they did. Then sit back and watch as they learn that hell truly is other people.

I agree. Sorry.  :o Me bad kitty, *MEOW*.   :-X

Keep in mind that I stated I didn't really want this to happen & that it's my dark jerk side talking. No, we need to take the higher ground  8) ....and let the other inmates do the dirty work.  ;D

Sylvia Browne's been coming under fire for having told Amanda Berry's mother that she was dead.  The poor woman went to her grave believing her daughter was dead, on the strength of that fraud's reading.

I confess I believe in the existence of psychic abilities in some people.

That said, Sylvia IS NOT one of them...that evil troll!

SHIP SYLVIA BROWNE TO PLUTO!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:09 pm »

So do I.

That being said, I harbor very much a loathing towards people who profess to be "psychics" and "fortune tellers" because of the fact that they're scammers in every way.

So fuck them.  And fuck this particular one in particular.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 10:57:11 pm »
I am another one that believes in psychics, as my mom is one but she doesn't even like the idea of trying to make people pay as well as it freaks her out at times. She's also very spiritual.

I don't like the scammers that much and the "psychics" around here will charge $50+ for a reading.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 07:32:48 am »

I checked the Stop Sylvia Browne site last night, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since 2010. :(  There was always good stuff on there about Browne's horrible mistakes. (I know the guy that runs it had a stroke, but thought he had recovered. Guess not enough to keep the site going.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:34:28 am by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »

I checked the Stop Sylvia Browne site last night, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since 2010. :(  There was always good stuff on there about Browne's horrible mistakes. (I know the guy that runs it had a stroke, but thought he had recovered. Guess not enough to keep the site going.)

I love that site, too. Sad about the guy running it. Also aggravating that, because of this, the entry on Amanda Berry has no update. I hope he can get someone else to help out & update the thing, as well as better health for him.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:44 pm »
I'm not sure why anyone honestly believes psychics, though I can understand the mom being desperate for answers. Either way, it's sad she died not knowing one way or the other.

I don't believe in psychics at all. But Amanda Berry's mother was so desperate that she was probably willing to pursue any avenue that would bring back her daughter, or at least provide some sort of closure. I think it's similar to how some people become more oriented towards religion after a traumatic upheaval or loss.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 11:58:19 am »
The two brothers of Ariel Castro stated they knew nothing about the kidnappings.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pedro-castro-onil-cleveland-interview-132025979.html

I don't remember if officials have given details on whether the brothers all resided there, but if they did, I'm not sure how they could be completely unaware of the women in the basement. I'll withhold judgment until we know more about their whereabouts, I suppose.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:57 pm »
The two brothers of Ariel Castro stated they knew nothing about the kidnappings.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pedro-castro-onil-cleveland-interview-132025979.html

I don't remember if officials have given details on whether the brothers all resided there, but if they did, I'm not sure how they could be completely unaware of the women in the basement. I'll withhold judgment until we know more about their whereabouts, I suppose.

I was thinking of adding that the other brothers may not have been in on it (unlike earlier reports). I don't know the layout of the house but apparently the girls were kept in the dark basement & the basement door was locked. There were many visitors & family over at the main perp's place. I the girls were locked away, then & they rarely got out. He probably told them not to make a peep when friends & family visited.

Ariel Castro was certainly a major sociopath, that's for sure. His own family & friends saw him as just a nice, regular, friendly guy. The guy who played a main role in the rescue, who folks have turned into "Antione Dobson 2.0", Charles Ramsey, was actually at a cookout with Ariel & thought nothing of him. Ariel could even feign sympathy & concern, attending the VIGILS & EVEN HUGGING COMFORTING THE VICTIM'S FAMILIES! *shudder* This Ariel Castro was a soulless person, relishing the families' pain (while feigning support).

And don't get me started on heaven-knows-what atrocities he committed on those girls in those 10 years. I've learned about all sorts of icky paraphilias & my speculations are leading me to parts & wish not to tread. These girls are going to have a HECK OF TIME recovering. I hope they do recover but I know they will be permanently scared & never be the same. PTSD is one of those things that really stick with a person & it must be epic with these ladies.

One of the girls seems to have gotten it worst, Michelle Knight. She's the third girl that doesn't get much attention for some reason.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/09/the-forgotten-victim-cleveland-s-michelle-knight.html
This girl's life was in the crapper even BEFORE she was abducted.

wrightway

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »
She came from a bad family and was being set up as unstable by them long before her disappearance. The brother corroberates it. And the mother basking in the day time talk show circuit certainly makes it seem more and more likely the poor thing never has had a break in her life.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 06:44:02 pm »
She came from a bad family and was being set up as unstable by them long before her disappearance. The brother corroberates it. And the mother basking in the day time talk show circuit certainly makes it seem more and more likely the poor thing never has had a break in her life.

I know. I hope the DeJesus family succeeds in adopting her. Apparently, Knight & DeJesus bonded and became best friends during the ordeal & the DeJesus may be just what Knight needs to get better.

There's also talk that there may actually be an unnamed fourth woman who may have been killed.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 11:15:21 am »
Looks like the brothers really are innocent. I thought they had resided in Ariel Castro's house for some time, which made me wonder how they could be unaware of the women there. I feel horrible for them, though. They'll probably get death threats the rest of their lives.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/castro-brothers-pedro-onil-ariel-interview-130015065.html

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 11:59:23 am »
Another update, Castro plans to plead not guilty.

Lawyers for Ariel Castro say he'll plead not guilty to charges of kidnapping and raping three women while holding them captive for a decade in his west Cleveland home.

"The initial portrayal by the media has been one of a 'monster' and that's not the impression that I got when I talked to him for three hours," Craig Weintraub, one of Castro's lawyers, told Cleveland's WKYC-TV late Tuesday.

Right, because if he seems like an okay guy after talking to him for three hours, he surely couldn't have kidnapped and tortured those three women, even if they were chained in his basement. Fuck that ten year period, a few hours and this guy is clear. It's not like criminals are ever manipulative or misleading, no sir.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »
Dude is a sociopath.  Of course he's gonna be able to manipulate a lawyer.

Ironbite-a jury on the other hand might be able to see through his facade.