Author Topic: terrorist attack in paris  (Read 14047 times)

pyro

Re: terrorist attack in paris
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2015, 12:21:45 pm »
Thanks for the links. Forumites: the live footage reporter is commenting in English and French. This is looking like France's 9/11 & 7/7. My online news service is over capacity and not working.

And we all thought it was a good day cuz Jihadi John got fragged.

Looks like we ought to add 11/13 to that list.

Am I the only one who's disappointed they didn't do it four days earlier. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's disappointed they did it at all.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/one-day-later-anonymous-already-takes-down-3-824-pro-isis-twitter-accounts-496258.shtml

...Wow. Anonymous is doing much better than I thought.

PSA: At least one member of FQA (myself, I can't speak for abortions anyone else), as a matter of principle, does not support vigilante justice. Punishment needs to go through a trail.

Sure, when it hits the target it's faster, but that's also true of wildly shooting a gun. Vigilante justice too easily hits the wrong target. It needs to aim, and that means going through the long slog of making sure the suspect is actually guilty.

Edit: fix my typo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:18:07 pm by pyro »

Even Then

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2015, 12:55:32 pm »
Quote from: pyro
I can't speak for abortions else

This is the best typo, oh my god

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »
i can't say i support anonymous. they did good things, they did bad things. most of the time, they're basement-dwellers who get a kick out of being mean to people. i'll call for the stopped clock argument in their case when they target acceptable targets (cp-rings, daesh, other horrible things), and i'll call them douchecanoes when they go after victims (like stalking a girl, doxxing people, ruining individual lives).

as a rule, i tend to flip-flop on vigilante justice, due to the fact it's morally wrong but the schadenfreude is immense. for example, khadafi's death was karmic. a dictator getting fucked over by mob justice? that's the definition of poetic justice. it may be wrong (morally), but i laughed. the same mob chopping the nuts off a presumed rapist because he's from another tribe? yeah, nope. then again, in one case the proof is in the pudding regarding culpability, in the other case all bets are off.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:26 pm »
PSA: At least one member of FQA (myself, I can't speak for abortions else), as a matter of principle, does not support vigilante justice. Punishment needs to go through a trail.

Sure, when it hits the target it's faster, but that's also true of wildly shooting a gun. Vigilante justice too easily hits the wrong target. It needs to aim, and that means going through the long slog of making sure the suspect is actually guilty.

If we are talking about capturing people and punishing them then I definitely agree with you. Finnish media brought up the question if police should be allowed do the same as Anonymous is doing now (hacking people's computers and spying on them without court orders that is) and the thought terrifies me. Even worse Finnish government has suggested giving the police more power to spy on people in the name of anti-terrorism. Likewise if some vigilantees were going around killing suspected DAESH members I would not support it. Not even if they actually happened to be real terrorists, things like this need to be done by legal means.

...Meanwhile, what Anonymous is doing is taking down DAESH web profiles and exposing them and I don't mind this.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »
...Meanwhile, what Anonymous is doing is taking down DAESH web profiles and exposing them and I don't mind this.
I assume they're doing that through more covert means than clicking the Report button and looking through the backlog for personally identifying information (the article doesn't actually say how they're doing it).

As for whether the police should be able to do what Anonymous is doing, neither of them should be able to pull this crap. Death to anyone who doesn't use prepared SQL statements! A severe beating to anyone who writes security-critical code in C! And death by severe beating to anyone who logs in through a link they got in an email! And even worse for anyone who stores passwords in plain text.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2015, 03:51:05 pm »
Death to anyone who doesn't use prepared SQL statements! A severe beating to anyone who writes security-critical code in C! And death by severe beating to anyone who logs in through a link they got in an email! And even worse for anyone who stores passwords in plain text.

boooooooooooooooooring. death by anal sex with varied houseplants (of the toxic and non-toxic varieties). forced ingurgitation of low-quality olive oil. electrostimulation of the eardrums. death by pants filled with hornet nests.

the death penalty is too boring, make it cruel and unusual punishment for extra pizzazz.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »
President Hollande has said an awesome thing:

"France will respond by simply being France"

(source: CNN News Ticker)
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2015, 11:25:19 am »
President Hollande has said an awesome thing:

"France will respond by simply being France"

(source: CNN News Ticker)

I wish to hell Bush Jr. had said the same thing 14 years ago rather than the frothing at the mouth response he gave.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2015, 12:38:39 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74HBrrFnIc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74HBrrFnIc</a>

for your sake, don't read the comments. i beseech you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:58:18 pm by guizonde »

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »
Bloody awful. All I got right now.