Author Topic: More Warren Jeffs shenanigans  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
More Warren Jeffs shenanigans
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:10:16 am »
http://www.mega949.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104673&article=10215304

In a nutshell: Jeffs has selected 15 men to be "fathers to the Children of the FLDS." Now, that likely means that only they will be allowed to father kids. Hundreds of people walked out of the congregation when this was revealed.

Hopefully, his congregation will be leaving, and the cult will finally go under more than a century after it should've.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: More Warren Jeffs shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:26:42 pm »
Glad to see that a good many of them are starting to realize the batshittery that is this man.  But the ones that are truly crazy are the ones that still think (or believed to begin with) this man is the returned messiah and follow his every word and command.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:58:07 pm »
Wow...this guy is rapidly losing anything that resembles a following.

Ironbite-how's his appeals process going?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »
Wow...this guy is rapidly losing anything that resembles a following.

Ironbite-how's his appeals process going?

From the looks of things via Fark? Not Well.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."