Author Topic: Violence at Berkeley  (Read 17936 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Violence at Berkeley
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2017, 01:39:05 am »
Not content with just moving the goalposts now you try to rewrite the history as well?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2017, 01:39:28 am »
Sounds like handwringing to me. What are feminists, for instance, meant to do about misogynists delegitimizing their movement? What are/ were civil rights activists meant to do about Black Separatists?

Seems to me that the biggest problem they face is simple-minded or ill-intentioned people lumping them all together.

AFAIK, there aren't any misogynists trying to infiltrate feminist groups. The article is titled "The Cancer In Occupy", after all.
Someone has never heard of free bleeding.

Hm, I think I've seen this use of the Socratic Method as a purely defensive tactic to fend off unwanted conversations before.

You have a rather... loose definition of infiltration. I don't think tricking people into doing gross things is necessarily infiltration.

On a side note, I just realized I had a gigantic brain fart regarding Dave's second question. Just to clear up any confusion: no, I'm not really concerned about misogynists discrediting feminism. Too bad I didn't realize that earlier. With that in mind, I also realize I could have been a little more forthcoming with my responses.

WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT, WILLIS?

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 01:41:46 am »
Webster, Waldo and Willis secretly control the World.

WWW should have tipped you off!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:10 am »
Sounds like handwringing to me. What are feminists, for instance, meant to do about misogynists delegitimizing their movement? What are/ were civil rights activists meant to do about Black Separatists?

Seems to me that the biggest problem they face is simple-minded or ill-intentioned people lumping them all together.

AFAIK, there aren't any misogynists trying to infiltrate feminist groups. The article is titled "The Cancer In Occupy", after all.

Hm, I think I've seen this use of the Socratic Method as a purely defensive tactic to fend off unwanted conversations before.

You have a rather... loose definition of infiltration. I don't think tricking people into doing gross things is necessarily infiltration.

On a side note, I just realized I had a gigantic brain fart regarding Dave's second question. Just to clear up any confusion: no, I'm not really concerned about misogynists discrediting feminism. Too bad I didn't realize that earlier. With that in mind, I also realize I could have been a little more forthcoming with my responses.

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools fall in love?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2017, 01:43:00 am »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2017, 01:50:11 am »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2017, 01:59:55 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8</a>
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2017, 02:20:18 am »
Fuck I love that clip

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2017, 02:22:37 am »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2017, 03:18:30 am »
I want the alternative truth!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2017, 03:54:10 am »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2017, 04:22:56 am »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2017, 03:51:10 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Why does anything we do matter?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:09 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.