Author Topic: Violence at Berkeley  (Read 17740 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Violence at Berkeley
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »
Sounds like handwringing to me. What are feminists, for instance, meant to do about misogynists delegitimizing their movement? What are/ were civil rights activists meant to do about Black Separatists?

Seems to me that the biggest problem they face is simple-minded or ill-intentioned people lumping them all together.

AFAIK, there aren't any misogynists trying to infiltrate feminist groups. The article is titled "The Cancer In Occupy", after all.
Someone has never heard of free bleeding.

Hm, I think I've seen this use of the Socratic Method as a purely defensive tactic to fend off unwanted conversations before.

You have a rather... loose definition of infiltration. I don't think tricking people into doing gross things is necessarily infiltration.

On a side note, I just realized I had a gigantic brain fart regarding Dave's second question. Just to clear up any confusion: no, I'm not really concerned about misogynists discrediting feminism. Too bad I didn't realize that earlier. With that in mind, I also realize I could have been a little more forthcoming with my responses.

WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT, WILLIS?

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools fall in love?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Why do birds suddenly appear?
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Why does anything we do matter?

Is that you, mother?

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.

What becomes of the broken hearted?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2017, 05:40:32 pm »
If a tree falls in the forest when no-one's around, and it lands on a mime, does it make a sound?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »
Sounds like handwringing to me. What are feminists, for instance, meant to do about misogynists delegitimizing their movement? What are/ were civil rights activists meant to do about Black Separatists?

Seems to me that the biggest problem they face is simple-minded or ill-intentioned people lumping them all together.

AFAIK, there aren't any misogynists trying to infiltrate feminist groups. The article is titled "The Cancer In Occupy", after all.

Hm, I think I've seen this use of the Socratic Method as a purely defensive tactic to fend off unwanted conversations before.

You have a rather... loose definition of infiltration. I don't think tricking people into doing gross things is necessarily infiltration.

On a side note, I just realized I had a gigantic brain fart regarding Dave's second question. Just to clear up any confusion: no, I'm not really concerned about misogynists discrediting feminism. Too bad I didn't realize that earlier. With that in mind, I also realize I could have been a little more forthcoming with my responses.

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

What is the meaning of life?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2017, 05:57:11 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

Why do doves cry?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2017, 06:11:45 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

Why do doves cry?

How high does the sycamore grow?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2017, 06:55:15 pm »

Who are you? WEBSTER?

Why do fools rush in?
Why do we love the sea?

You want the Truth?

Is that you, mother?

Why do doves cry?

How high does the sycamore grow?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »
What is the sound of one hand clapping?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2017, 08:59:49 pm »
What is the sound of me using Nair on my balls?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2017, 09:35:19 pm »
Ow.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »
What is the sound of one hand clapping?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzbmIKVAHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzbmIKVAHo</a>

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »
Ow.

Would you turtle wax them after they are silky smooth?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 12:24:42 am »
Ow.

Of course.  Gotta keep that nice, shiny sheen, after all.  If I can't whip my balls out in broad daylight and risk blinding passersby, what's the point?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 12:46:08 am »
Ow.

Of course.  Gotta keep that nice, shiny sheen, after all.  If I can't whip my balls out in broad daylight and risk blinding passersby, what's the point?
Self-proclaimed "pro balls" people use bollock-hurty tactics to unsilence people they don't like. Irony completely lost.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2017, 01:12:55 am »
Ow.

Self-proclaimed "pro balls" people use bollock-hurty tactics to unsilence people they don't like. Irony completely lost.

Look I'm scared. I'm worried that the anitba are going to undermine the ballista movement

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2017, 01:21:58 am »
Ow.

Look I'm scared. I'm worried that the anitba are going to undermine the ballista movement

First of all, it's not anti-balls, it's pro-neutering and misnaming the movement like that to focus only on the negative aspects is hate-speech.

/joke
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!