Author Topic: DIO of Iran will sell you a f-ing tank!  (Read 1386 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
DIO of Iran will sell you a f-ing tank!
« on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:22 pm »

Internet, you never cease to amaze me. So I was bored and looked up one of my favorite guns from Battlefield 3, the KH-2002, on Wikipedia. I noticed that at the bottom of the page there was a link to the website of Defense Industries Organization, the main weapons manufacturer in Iran. I have to wonder why they have a website, in English no less. There's an "order" button, though it won't let you proceed without an account. I don't feel like making an account on that site, or I might get a visit from the 4chan party van. I looked at some of their "products", which of course are all clones of old Russian and Chinese weapons, vehicles, etc. Notable items are a tank, multiple types of artillery, a whole section dedicated to chemicals, and all manner of hand held weapons from hunting rifles to dragonovs, from flare guns to RPGs, from heavy machine guns to little MP5K's, from BB air rifles to howitzers. I have to wonder, are they seriously selling this stuff to anyone? The one thing I really wish they had was a MI-24 "Hind", because I would totally buy it ;D.

I'm predicting a comment to the effect of "I wonder how long until they add nukes to product list."

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: DIO of Iran will sell you a f-ing tank!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »
I wonder how long until they add nukes to product list.

OMG, you're psychic!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:26 pm »
Sweet T-82
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »
Just so long as the people they sell them to leave a full address.
-A Pen Name