Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676094 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5790 on: July 11, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »
Yeaaaaaaah...the crazy motherfucker was rearing and ready to go to war with Stalin before Hitler's corpse had even cooled off.  Ya know, after large swaths of the developed world (and large swaths of undeveloped places, as well) had been bombed to shit and Britain could barely find two adjacent buildings that hadn't been turned to rubble?  Churchill was, as dpareja pointed out, a warmongering psychopath.  Hell, that's one of the reasons he was all but thrown out of office: he was just too fucking blood-hungry.

On the other hand, he was re-elected in 1950.

Check that - Labor won, the system is just silly.

Labour won in 1950, but Attlee's majority was so slim he couldn't hold it, so he called another election in 1951 and the Conservatives, still led by Churchill, won that one.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5791 on: July 11, 2015, 11:59:02 pm »

Nazism destroyed Germany!

I really, really hate to have to defend Nazism in any context, but... no, no it didn't. In fact, Nazism got Germany out of the Great Depression early. If anything, it created a relative boom in the thirties in that nation. What destroyed Germany was, plain and simple, World War II and Hitler's expansionism. And no, that's not inherent to Nazism.

Now, don't get me wrong. Nazism is a horrible ideology and anyone who willingly supports it is misguided at best and malevolent at worst. But let's not blame it for everything in Germany.

That's a common myth.  It wasn't Nazism that saved the German economy.  See, Hitler considered the German economy to be of secondary importance.  The credit for fixing Germany's economy should go to Hjalmar Schacht.

https://coffeecuphistory.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/the-myth-of-nazi-efficiency/

And it's true that Hitler's policies lowered unemployment.  But he did so in large part by reintroducing conscription and taking women out of the workforce. 

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/the-nazis-and-the-german-economy/

Furthermore, Nazi economics weren't as good as they seemed.

http://reason.com/archives/1999/08/01/nazi-economics

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5792 on: July 12, 2015, 08:33:25 am »
Nazi Economic 101: How to UBERMENSCH Your Growth in Twelve Easy Steps!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5793 on: July 12, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »
Step one: Kill the Jews.

Step two-twelve: Keep killing the Jews

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5794 on: July 12, 2015, 11:31:38 pm »

Step thirteen: ?

Step fourteen: Profit!
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5795 on: July 13, 2015, 01:17:08 am »

There is no mystery to that plan.

Step thirteen: Loot the Jew gold.

Step fifteen: Cover up what happened.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5796 on: July 13, 2015, 06:07:00 pm »

Fun fact: a large part of why the German mercenaries betrayed Rome was mistreatment.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5797 on: July 14, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »

There is no mystery to that plan.

Step thirteen: Loot the Jew gold.

Step fifteen: Cover up what happened.

Step 16 - Do Step 15 poorly.

Step 17 - Do to Steps 15 & 16, see endless documentaries on the Holocaust.

Step 18 - Stupidly pretend that Step 15 was done well and go down in history with the accurate label "Holocaust Denier".

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5798 on: July 14, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5799 on: July 18, 2015, 01:25:27 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5800 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:00 pm »

He's got the Democratic & Republican colors wrong and WHAT THE HECK IS THAT WALRUS-LOOKING THING? I know it's a weird memetic critter like "Pedobear" but what is it?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5801 on: July 18, 2015, 03:37:22 pm »
He's got the Democratic & Republican colors wrong

Not really. Those colours are pretty recent, only being associated with the parties since the 2000 election. The electoral map from that election was displayed so often that blue became associated with the Democratic Party and red with the Republican Party in the public consciousness. (Very funny when you consider that the people most rabidly anti-Communist are also Republicans.) Prior to that the networks assigned the two colours at random for each election.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5802 on: July 18, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »

Not really. Those colours are pretty recent, only being associated with the parties since the 2000 election. The electoral map from that election was displayed so often that blue became associated with the Democratic Party and red with the Republican Party in the public consciousness. (Very funny when you consider that the people most rabidly anti-Communist are also Republicans.) Prior to that the networks assigned the two colours at random for each election.

True. Also, I knew that. I'm just wondering why the cartoonist didn't get the memo.

And about that cartoon with Snidely Whipstein's "White Guy" mask being a Japanese gay Hentai guy.

The cartoonist isn't only a bigot, he lives under a rock on Pluto.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5803 on: July 18, 2015, 03:56:08 pm »

True. Also, I knew that. I'm just wondering why the cartoonist didn't get the memo.

Maybe the cartoonist is making the point that the two parties are basically the same.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5804 on: July 18, 2015, 08:57:51 pm »

Maybe the cartoonist is making the point that the two parties are basically the same.

I guess "They're both the same & run by Snidely Whipstein". It was pretty obvious on the surface, anyway.

Now, about that mask one. Isn't anyone going to comment on the hilarity of the cartoonist's case of Hentai-based Critical Research Failure?