Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672116 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5805 on: July 18, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »
He's got the Democratic & Republican colors wrong

Not really. Those colours are pretty recent, only being associated with the parties since the 2000 election. The electoral map from that election was displayed so often that blue became associated with the Democratic Party and red with the Republican Party in the public consciousness. (Very funny when you consider that the people most rabidly anti-Communist are also Republicans.) Prior to that the networks assigned the two colours at random for each election.

True. Also, I knew that. I'm just wondering why the cartoonist didn't get the memo.

Maybe the cartoonist is making the point that the two parties are basically the same.

I guess "They're both the same & run by Snidely Whipstein". It was pretty obvious on the surface, anyway.

Now, about that mask one. Isn't anyone going to comment on the hilarity of the cartoonist's case of Hentai-based Critical Research Failure?

It really is quite funny, when you think about it.  How the hell did he manage to make that mistake?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5806 on: July 18, 2015, 10:29:48 pm »
He's got the Democratic & Republican colors wrong

Not really. Those colours are pretty recent, only being associated with the parties since the 2000 election. The electoral map from that election was displayed so often that blue became associated with the Democratic Party and red with the Republican Party in the public consciousness. (Very funny when you consider that the people most rabidly anti-Communist are also Republicans.) Prior to that the networks assigned the two colours at random for each election.

True. Also, I knew that. I'm just wondering why the cartoonist didn't get the memo.

Maybe the cartoonist is making the point that the two parties are basically the same.

I guess "They're both the same & run by Snidely Whipstein". It was pretty obvious on the surface, anyway.

Now, about that mask one. Isn't anyone going to comment on the hilarity of the cartoonist's case of Hentai-based Critical Research Failure?

It really is quite funny, when you think about it.  How the hell did he manage to make that mistake?

Maybe he's not into memes.....Then again, he did use that walrus-thing.

I do confess that the Japanese Manga guys in that comic did not look blatantly Asian. That one guy could double as Superman.

Asian auto-mechanic who cruises public bathrooms or White Kryptonian super-hero who's faster than a speeding bullet?
IT'S A PERV! IT'S A MAN! IT'S KUSO-MAAAAN!
(By perv, I mean he hangs out at public bathrooms and exposes himself to people to engage in scatty public bathroom sex).

....or maybe the cartoonist lives under a rock on Pluto.

Heck, as a kid, I assumed those Anime characters were white anyway. They had differing hair & eye colors and tended to have names like Mark, Jason, Chief Anderson, Rick Hunter, Keith, Lance, Jeff, Cliff, Ginger, etc. It was a different time. I was much younger and Asian cartoon characters were usually a weird olive color, black hair & slanty eyes. It never occurred to me later that those Anime characters were renamed and their round eyes & coloration were more a stylistic choice (emulating big-eyed Disney characters).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:45:43 pm by Barbarella »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5807 on: July 20, 2015, 06:45:53 pm »

Who wants to play spot the double standard?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5808 on: July 21, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

Who wants to play spot the double standard?

UGH! I hate bigoted wingnuts.

Also, did someone remove the cartoon with Snidely Whipstein & the Hentai mask? I can't find it, here.

Maybe it was on another thread.

EDIT: Oops! It was on another thread!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:42:05 am by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5809 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:11 am »

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #5810 on: July 23, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »

This trope is very popular among right-wingers. Complete lack of knowledge of both what the Supreme Court does and the actual will of the people (polls show a small majority support for gay marriage).

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5811 on: July 23, 2015, 08:04:53 pm »
Never mind that by that point, Parliamentary supremacy was, while not fully established (William IV did try to appoint a Prime Minister who did not have the confidence of the House), at least a known quantity (Anne was the last monarch to veto a bill passed by Parliament).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5812 on: July 30, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5813 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:27 pm »

How is that genocide? The number of white poeple will remain the same.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5814 on: July 30, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »
To them whites not being dominant is genocide despite that not fitting any definition of genocide I've ever seen, but White Genocide advocates have never been a smart bunch since they seem to equate being anti-racist with anti-white (seriously I could probably write a sixty page long paper on how fucking wrong those idiots are but I don't want to dignify them.)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5815 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:12 pm »
To them whites not being dominant is genocide despite that not fitting any definition of genocide I've ever seen, but White Genocide advocates have never been a smart bunch since they seem to equate being anti-racist with anti-white (seriously I could probably write a sixty page long paper on how fucking wrong those idiots are but I don't want to dignify them.)
My Favourite response was "Why are you afraid of white becoming a minority? Are minorities treated as second class citizens of something?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5816 on: August 01, 2015, 09:04:06 pm »

Because all Muslims everywhere are violent religious fanatics.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5817 on: August 01, 2015, 09:09:26 pm »
We could add the Klan, the Lord's Resistance Army, the Aryan Nation, or any of the other Christian terrorist groups to the cartoon.  For that matter, if we really tried, we could probably go for a terrorist organization from just about any religion.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5818 on: August 01, 2015, 09:17:42 pm »
We could add the Klan, the Lord's Resistance Army, the Aryan Nation, or any of the other Christian terrorist groups to the cartoon.  For that matter, if we really tried, we could probably go for a terrorist organization from just about any religion.

Yeah.  We've seen Buddhist terrorists, Jewish terrorists, Hindu terrorists, and even atheist terrorists.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5819 on: August 02, 2015, 12:23:16 am »

Yeah.  We've seen Buddhist terrorists, Jewish terrorists, Hindu terrorists, and even atheist terrorists.

...I am tempted to say that Buddhist terrorists REALLY haven't gotten what their religion is about, but I suppose the same goes for almost any type of religious terrorist (with the exception of certain doomsday cults like Manson family.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!