Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676086 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1260 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:30 pm »
Or really racist. Note how all the flags under "Earth" are primarily African/Mideast nations, while "Mars" is European/American.

That was my thought, too.

Also Muslims. With the mosque they are implying that islam and african/arab/inferior-races will destroy the Earth.

Or it could be satire because that "niggers" comment just seems so silly.

So it is either immature joke, because making really, really racist comments is funny, (I never really got that joke.) or it is just stupidly racist/islamophobic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1261 on: June 10, 2012, 03:20:11 pm »
To retain my sanity and my faith in humanity, I'm just going to say it was a very badly done satire in poor taste because some people have the tact of rabid baboons.

Offline Diamandahagan

• Apprentice
« Reply #1262 on: June 10, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »
So Germans, Americans and Swedes are aliens from the future?

Makes sense to me.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1263 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:37 pm »
How else can you explain the Volvo?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1264 on: June 10, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
To retain my sanity and my faith in humanity, I'm just going to say it was a very badly done satire in poor taste because some people have the tact of rabid baboons.

That's incredibly insulting. To the baboons, I mean.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1265 on: June 10, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1266 on: June 10, 2012, 07:44:09 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1267 on: June 10, 2012, 08:32:17 pm »
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1268 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
-lol minimum wage-
If the store I used to work at was suddenly allowed to pay everyone only a dollar an hour, they wouldn't hire any more workers, they'd just pocket the difference.  That's because the store already had enough staff to meet its needs.  The only thing that would happen would be that the turnover rate would skyrocket because no one would be able to afford the gas to come to work anymore on that pay.

Hell, if everyone was suddenly allowed to pay a dollar an hour, the store would probably fire people because suddenly no one would be able to afford to shop there and it would need even fewer workers to run.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1269 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »
Hell, if everyone was suddenly allowed to pay a dollar an hour, the store would probably fire people because suddenly no one would be able to afford to shop there and it would need even fewer workers to run.

Gee, you are beginning to sound like Henry Ford there.
-A Pen Name

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1270 on: June 10, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
I do like the intern ship point. Interns are basically slaves. It should be illegal.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1271 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »
Yeah. How does getting work experience to earn higher wages later put food in your belly and a roof over your head right now?

Furthermore, given that part of the hiring process includes the employer determining the value of an employee based on previous payment history, doesn’t working for dirt cheap inhibit one’s chances to get a higher paying job?
-A Pen Name

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1272 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:56 pm »
I do like the intern ship point. Interns are basically slaves. It should be illegal.

Except the vast majority of interns are, to my understanding correct me if I'm wrong, college students. College students who get college credit for their internship. So instead of paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to take a class in your field, you go actually work in that field and your college credits you for the experience. And you look more attractive to potential employers than someone with a college degree but zero practical experience. Interns, generally, do benefit from the experience in some measurable way. If I got paid $4 an hour to push carts (as opposed to the $7.73 I do now), I would gain absolutely nothing.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1273 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:19 pm »
Yeah. How does getting work experience to earn higher wages later put food in your belly and a roof over your head right now?

The internship hoop is a service for employers, a requirement for employees. If there was no internship system, the same number- or more- people would be hired in the same jobs. Businesses would just have a slightly worse metric for deciding who to hire. And, of course, they wouldn't get any free labour.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1274 on: June 10, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

The internship hoop is a service for employers, a requirement for employees. If there was no internship system, the same number- or more- people would be hired in the same jobs. Businesses would just have a slightly worse metric for deciding who to hire. And, of course, they wouldn't get any free labour.

1) Not all internships are unpaid.
2) You ignore the fact that you are, essentially, working in exchange for college credit in many cases. College credits have monetary value.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.