Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 396981 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3540 on: October 17, 2020, 12:48:46 am »
Trump referred to his lackey, Matt Gaetz, as "Rick." The current theory is that he mistook Gaetz as Rick Gates (who has a similar name, but has already been imprisoned for his crimes.) This is embarrasing to all three of them.

If this were Biden, the Trumpistas would already been raging up a storm about his senility.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3541 on: October 17, 2020, 09:20:04 am »
This coming off of the fact that his big counter-programing of Biden's ABC Town Hall off of the canceled debate didn't go too good for him.

13 million vs. 13.9 million

Ironbite-and Trump had more exposure for his.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3542 on: October 17, 2020, 01:53:12 pm »
I love how if you take Trump out of his cock sucking cultist element he really shows he has no substance.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3543 on: October 27, 2020, 05:03:47 pm »
Election is a week from today. Anyone as nervous as I am?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3544 on: October 27, 2020, 05:16:06 pm »
I'm nervous for what could happen if the election goes to the courts, and the eventual ruling in favour of Trump is 5-4 with Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett comprising the majority.

If I were a US Supreme Court Justice, I'd be investing in extra security right about now.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3545 on: October 27, 2020, 07:53:15 pm »
Absolutely infuriating that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett aren't legally required to recuse themselves. Them ruling on a case that benefits the asshole who put them on the bench is an immeasurable conflict of interest.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3546 on: October 27, 2020, 08:24:03 pm »
Not really. It absolutely would be a conflict of interest if Trump could remove them from the bench, but he can't. Only Congress can do that. They are independent of him, and he can't (legally) exact any sort of retribution on them if they were to rule against him.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3547 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:21 pm »
I'm really hoping Roberts doesn't want his legacy to be kingmaker.  But I'm not holding out too much hope.

Ironbite-landside or thin sliver of victory, Trump will contest if Biden wins.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3548 on: October 27, 2020, 11:38:53 pm »
Roberts has been playing kingmaker. He gives both sides victories, such as Shelby County for the right, and Obergefell for the left.

The problem is that now he can't play both sides. He has to pick one, and losing is an unacceptable outcome for both.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3549 on: October 28, 2020, 12:12:10 am »
I think it will come down to how close it is, if it is close - I expect the Court to swing republican.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3550 on: October 28, 2020, 05:24:16 am »
My optimism is telling me Joe is probably going to win by quite a bit in the EC and blow Clinton's popular vote count from last time out of the water.

I sent in my ballot a few days ago, straight ticket Dem. I'm in an extremely safe blue state so I'm really just praying at this point the people over in places like PA, MI, GA, etc come out in droves to reject all the nonsense that's been happening.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3551 on: October 28, 2020, 09:37:39 am »
So far early voting numbers are already at half of 2016s total vote number blowing 2016s early voting out of the water especially in battleground states. Trump only won rust belt states by meager numbers. If there's record turn out it could be bad for Trump.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3552 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:25 am »
Apparently the supreme court of USA already voted (thanks to their newest judge) to make it legal to stop the counting of the votes in some states. The precedent being the 2000 elections where this tactic was successfully used to make the person with less votes win the election.

Now that Trump has been urging HIS voters to vote on the election day and Democrats have been urging people to vote by mail, the effect is that a state or two will go to Trump because as soon as Trump has the lead, they can stop counting the votes by mail.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3553 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:05 am »
That's...not even close to what happened.  It only applied to Wisconsin.

Ironbite-and proved once again why Brett Kavanaugh should not be on the Court.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3554 on: October 28, 2020, 03:10:25 pm »
At the same time, Wisconsin has been pretty consistently used to be a dry run for how the Republicans use minority rule.

Not coincidentally, if Biden wins, I fully expect McConnell and Trump to use the lame duck period to strip as much power away from him as possible.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 03:31:34 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?