Author Topic: t.A.T.u. singer: lesbians OK, gays not  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
t.A.T.u. singer: lesbians OK, gays not
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:20:36 am »
http://uk.eonline.com/news/581043/t-a-t-u-singer-julia-volvoka-says-she-would-condemn-a-gay-son-but-lesbians-look-much-nicer

To make a long story short: One half of the Russian band t.A.T.u. was in an interview and she said she didn't mind her daughter being a lesbian but would disown her son if he turned out gay.

"Two girls together—not the same thing as the two men together," Volkova also reportedly said. "It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing."

...Aesthetics eh? Well that is just a subjective point of view so...

...No, that is just another way of saying I don't approve X but approve X and don't have any justification for it.

I want to say that I'm not against gays, I just want my son to be a real man, not a f-g," she said, per the Independent. "I have many gay friends. I believe that being gay is all still better than murderers, thieves or drug addicts. If you choose out of all this, being gay a little better than the rest."

...Yes, being gay is at least a tiny bit better than being a thief. Did you hear that everyone who has ever pirated a t.A.T.u. album?  They think that you are even worse than someone who is gay. ...Wait... What if you are gay and do drugs and/or torrent videogames?

Hey, at least she didn't compare them to rapists, pedophiles or zoophiles...

Actually, what I find the strangest is that in a country that jails homosexuals and has outlawed "gay propaganda" (which means saying good or even neutral or factual about them.) she can still say that she approves lesbians. Then again they were popular with their "lesbian" act and it is not that uncommon to focus the hate on men who break the societal norm rather than women. (kinda like during Victorian England being lesbian was legal while being a gay man wasn't.)

Haven't heard anything about the band for a long time, but apparently they are still touring. Maybe this doublethink is what allows them to perform despite GLBT groups being jailed for much less than the public same-sex kisses that have been part of t.A.T.u. performances since the beginning. (And who do you think has more influence, a popular band or a random dude handing out pamphlets in a street corner? But I haven't seen cops beating up this band with clubs and cuffing them.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: t.A.T.u. singer: lesbians OK, gays not
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:09:29 am »
Well, considering she's a woman, I was honestly expecting it to be the other way around.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:04:22 am »
Of course she'd pull the "I have gay friends" card.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »
It's amazing.  They're not gay btw.  In fact I believe they're straight.  So they do this lesbian teasing to titillate their fans and then turn around and say something like this?

Ironbite-amazingly hypocritical.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 01:32:11 pm »
"Two girls together—not the same thing as the two men together," Volkova also reportedly said. "It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing."

I want to say that I'm not against gays, I just want my son to be a real man, not a f-g," she said, per the Independent. "I have many gay friends. I believe that being gay is all still better than murderers, thieves or drug addicts. If you choose out of all this, being gay a little better than the rest."

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 02:55:26 pm »
...This is the same band that wrote "Malchik Gay", a song where they're in love with a gay boy who obviously doesn't return their affections.

My disappoint has evolved to mega disappoint.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »
...This is the same band that wrote "Malchik Gay", a song where they're in love with a gay boy who obviously doesn't return their affections.

My disappoint has evolved to mega disappoint.

They are/were a manufactured pop band so they go whichever way the wind blows. Pretending to be lesbian schoolgirls was good for their early career; now apparently the anti-gay thing is in.

Pro-Putin/fuck the west songs will probably be next.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 10:33:57 pm »
Hey lady, your opinions are shit.