Author Topic: The Newbie Thread  (Read 252229 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: The Newbie Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2012, 01:07:44 am »
Welcome.

There are a couple of people here in this community who are religious (I'm not one of them anymore). There are also a couple of fans of really geeky interests (I partake in several of those interests you're in as well). You will find a few people with autism/aspergers here (I've never mentioned this to anyone, but I too am autistic, and I'm afraid to mention it because I don't want to become a punching bag in some communities).

Also pretty late, but welcome to the forums, Imp and Mach. I was a lurker of this site as well before I've joined in.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:45 pm »
I bite.

Ironbite-and in places you don't want to be bited...you have been warned

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53:21 pm »
Hi guys! I'm RinellaWasHere, but I'll answer to Rin, Rinella, RWH, or David. Whatever you want, really. Just not Dave. Never Dave.

I live in Portland, Oregon, and I'm an English and Education major at the University of Portland. I'm a writer, actor, and rap musician. I write science fiction and fantasy, as well as various fan fiction when the mood strikes me. I don't watch much TV, but I love me some Game of Thrones, Dr. Who, Firefly, and My Little Pony. I play tons of video games- mostly RPGs and action games, but my main criteria for choosing games is the strength of the story.

As for faith and politics, I'm a diehard liberal and a Catholic. I believe in God, but I refuse to believe in some asshole version who cares about the what (sexual orientation, race, religion), since I think all that matters is the who (are you a good person?). I've got no problem with any faith or lack thereof, sexual orientation, gender, or race, or any other qualifier. As long as you're a good person, it doesn't matter at all.

Despite my Italian last name, I'm of Scottish and Irish descent- I'm adopted. I wear a kilt pretty much all the time, and I will not tell you what's under it, so don't ask. I'm also autistic- I've got Aspergers Syndrome. If I ever act like a douche, that's probably part of the reason, and I'm sorry. Call me out on it when it happens: Aspergers is an explanation, not an excuse, and I'll be happy to apologize again.

It's good to finally be part of the FSTDT forums. I love you guys already.

Dr. Who, Firefly, AND MLP?  I think I've got a new e-friend. :)

Welcome, David!  I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Mrs Scratchitt

• Neonate
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2012, 02:55:38 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm new, and my name is Hayley. I joined to talk, chat, converse and verbalise. I used to be part of the Richard Dawkins forum before it shut down, and I miss it, and think this is a good substitute. I wasn't an amazing contributor there or anything, my education level is sadly lacking compared to the majority of members who posted there, but the education I do have is generally enough for me.

I'm in training to become a counsellor, and am a massive information hog. What can I say, I have three book lists  :P

What else? I'm an atheist. And that... is about it, really.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:41 am »
I was on the old board and never bothered to create a new account until recently, but here I am now.

I'm a Political Science grad student (undergrad was American History and Political Science) and a Social Studies teacher and administrator at a school for gifted kids.  This means that I will probably disappear during the school year, because I tend to push 70-90 hours of work per week between the two.  I'm also a straight, married, atheistic Social Democrat.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »
Damn and already married.

Ironbite-oh well...also I bite so don't feed me.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2012, 05:56:38 pm »
*throws Ironbite a raw steak*

... or whatever robotic raptors eat.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2012, 02:51:41 am »
I'm a thiest, and on the Christian side a bit, but worry not; I'm nothing like the Rapture Ready folks.  People believe what they believe, and no-one's belief is more valid than anyone else's.  So...  I like Racing and thinking about the wonders and order of the universe.  Pleased to meet you. :)

Offline karateguy1

• Neonate
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2012, 01:09:53 pm »
OKay - new guy here. I'm into martial arts, computers, gaming, science, baseball and other shit. I also suffer from RRBS (Rapture Ready Banning Syndrome) so go easy on me for awhile. Cheers!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2012, 06:41:38 pm »
Karateguy, don't worry.  We're not exactly ban-happy over here.  :)  Welcome!
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline killerklown

• Neonate
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2012, 11:18:39 am »
Hey everyone!  New to the forum and looking for an engaging and active forum to have meaningful discussions on any number of topics.  Huge movie buff  (horror in particular),  music fan and reader of comic books.  Atheist as well.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #251 on: July 28, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

If I can make one friendly request, please don't use a Killer Klowns avatar picture. Those guys creep the heck out of me.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2012, 06:11:59 pm »
And now I have my next avatar choice.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »
You do that, I'll make mine a feathered raptor.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #254 on: July 28, 2012, 07:24:01 pm »
I do believe we're at an impasse sir.