Author Topic: The NSA, Partisan Hypocrisy, and Party Drones  (Read 833 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
The NSA, Partisan Hypocrisy, and Party Drones
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:12:54 am »
The whole thing about the NSA leaks in the last week or so has made me close to despair at how hypocritical and partisan our nation's leaders have become. it's like integrity and consistency doon't exist anymore, and all there is is a bunch of Partisan weasels squawking.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: The NSA, Partisan Hypocrisy, and Party Drones
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:43:21 am »
Bill Maher is a dick a lot of the time, but he had a good line about this sort of thing:

"The republicans didn't care about Big Brother until they elected a Big Brother"

Also, how many democrats have come out in support for this NSA stuff? I know Obama was defending it, which I doubt he would have done under the Bush Administration.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:50:43 am »
What is this "integrity" of which you speak? Politicians are either Machiavellian (well, kind of. The have the amorality part sorted, the cunning manipulator part, not so much) or they can fuck off to a 3rd party.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:38:57 am »
Bill Maher is a dick a lot of the time, but he had a good line about this sort of thing:

"The republicans didn't care about Big Brother until they elected a Big Brother"

Also, how many democrats have come out in support for this NSA stuff? I know Obama was defending it, which I doubt he would have done under the Bush Administration.

Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid.