Author Topic: Republican indicted for selling babies  (Read 1593 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Republican indicted for selling babies
« on: October 12, 2019, 02:39:09 am »
Hey, remember when social conservatives were all up in arms about Planned Parenthood selling aborted fetuses? (Which was actually only Planned Parenthood recouping costs related to transportation and storage for medical research.)

I wonder if they'll be as up in arms about someone selling actual live babies...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-county-assessor-accused-human-smuggling-sale-child-adoption-scheme-n1064116?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

The assessor of Maricopa County in Arizona, Paul Petersen, a Republican, has been indicted on charges of Medicaid fraud, human smuggling, and the sale of a child, along with forgery and attempted money laundering.

Petersen would bring in women from the Marshall Islands (where he spent time as an LDS missionary), have them give birth while living in crowded conditions, bill Medicaid for prenatal care (which was barely given, and illegal anyway since the women were not residents of Arizona), then send them back to the Marshall Islands or to Arkansas, while charging prospective adoptive parents anywhere from $25,000 to $40,000, pocketing around $2,700,000.

Birth parents and adoptive parents are being considered victims of Mr. Petersen's scheme, and authorities do not plan to undo any completed adoptions.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Republican indicted for selling babies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 02:47:20 am »
Of course they won't. The baby's already out of the womb. It's pretty much free range to do what ever you want with it now.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 07:55:03 am »
I knew I recognized the name. That's the place where Joe Arpaio and Steven Seagal used to be the lawmen!

It's like a black hole that pulls in horrible people and gives them a position of power.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 07:40:41 pm »
What the hell is wrong with Maricopia County?  How do they keep voting assholes like this in to do important jobs?  And WHY?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 03:16:29 pm »
Its the sun man.

Ironbite-does weird things to people's brains.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 05:22:02 am »
Its the sun man.

Ironbite-does weird things to people's brains.

The sun can fry an egg, and also your noggin. Choose rain instead.
This post brought to you by the Seattle Gang gang.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 01:44:58 am »
Returning from my multiyear absence to second Kanzenkankaku's suggestion.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 02:47:51 am »
Returning from my multiyear absence to second Kanzenkankaku's suggestion.

Welcome back friendo