Author Topic: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement  (Read 37183 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
While you and I both seem to place a heap of blame on the parents

Unless either of you have evidence that his parents are to blame, it's rather irresponsible for you to toss around accusations and make assumptions about these people. I know someone whose son is serving a life sentence for murder, and she was never anything less than a wonderful parent to him and his sister (the latter of whom, one of my best friends since kindergarten, is a well-adjusted, contributing member of society and all around good person) -- yet she's had her life utterly destroyed because of people who thought they knew enough about the situation after reading a few newspaper articles to speculate about what an awful person she must be. The reality of the matter is that parents can't exert 100% control over their children's lives, not to mention that it's easy to sit in judgment of them when you have the benefit of hindsight.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »
While you and I both seem to place a heap of blame on the parents

Unless either of you have evidence that his parents are to blame, it's rather irresponsible for you to toss around accusations and make assumptions about these people. I know someone whose son is serving a life sentence for murder, and she was never anything less than a wonderful parent to him and his sister (the latter of whom, one of my best friends since kindergarten, is a well-adjusted, contributing member of society and all around good person) -- yet she's had her life utterly destroyed because of people who thought they knew enough about the situation after reading a few newspaper articles to speculate about what an awful person she must be. The reality of the matter is that parents can't exert 100% control over their children's lives, not to mention that it's easy to sit in judgment of them when you have the benefit of hindsight.

Perhaps you're right. But it's hard not to seek a rational (or at least comforting) explanation for such an evil act. Maybe this is one of those cases where everyone does everything right, and the fuckstain just turns out evil anyway.

My apologies if I have caused any offense.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:20:33 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »
I'll honor that, Damen. I was thinking in terms of him buying them in a very short period of time. But you know what they say about Assumptions. I don't know enough yet about that end of the spectrum.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:38 pm »
I'm mainly for simple stuff like making all guns have to be locked and preferably kept in a safe. I'm also for background checks.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:27 pm »
I'm mainly for simple stuff like making all guns have to be locked and preferably kept in a safe. I'm also for background checks.

I agree.  Personally, I'm also for government-imbursed gun safes - because they're not cheap.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2014, 11:41:05 pm »
I'm in favor of the background checks we have now and I'd be in favor of "universal background checks" as long as you can maintain privacy and something is exchanged for it's passing, such as nation wide concealed carry reciprocity. I think that would be a fair compromise. And I'm actually in favor of the background check bill Coburn tried to put forward (good gods that makes me feel filthy) because it met the privacy concerns and eliminated the hassle of going to an FFL as well as eliminating the associated costs.

Personally, I'm also for government-imbursed gun safes - because they're not cheap.

Oh fuck yes, that's something I'd love to see.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2014, 11:56:57 pm »

I agree.  Personally, I'm also for government-imbursed gun safes - because they're not cheap.
That's actually an even better idea.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2014, 12:00:49 am »
Really, all I can say about people like the IV knifer/shooter/hit-and-runner is that if you have to call yourself a "nice guy" yet harbor these feelings of resentment towards women and take these sorts of actions, you are hardly a nice guy. You're not in college to score women, you're in college to learn and get a degree. I may not have gotten myself a girlfriend while I was at and graduated from UCSB, but it never was my concern. I made female friends in college, and I was fine enough just being friends and helping each other out over assignments and exams.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:14:59 am by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/joe-the-plumber-guns_n_5397981.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

For the record: Fuck gun-rights fanatics.

Fixed that for ya. ;D

Fanatics are assholes, regardless of the root of their fanaticism.
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2014, 12:39:25 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/joe-the-plumber-guns_n_5397981.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

For the record: Fuck gun-rights fanatics.

Wow...his phrasing, there is literally no way he could be more of a dick
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2014, 01:00:33 am »

Interestingly I Recently went with my dad to a store that specializes in gun safes. For now the guns are in an improvised safe that was formerly the metal crate supposedly was used to transport the nose end of a Tomahawk cruise missile. It's durable enough that it takes two guys to carry it when empty. We sold an old ATV we had to pay for the new safe.

The quality end of Chinese made safes starts at about $2,000. The bottom end of American made starts at about $3,000. Anything less than that might be a bit dodgy on quality. Anything under $1,000 is probably something I could easily break in to myself in a few minutes. The fire rating is important as well since we'll be storing personal and business documents in it, and that can make the safe even more expensive.

I'm really in favor of the government paying part of the price of a safe. I think it would go a long way in stopping problems, especially related to accidents involving young children.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2014, 01:26:19 am »
How bout we just stick to gun locks n stuff.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2014, 01:36:37 am »
How bout we just stick to gun locks n stuff.

You mean trigger locks and locks that go through the chamber? Do you know how fast I could get through one of those? Most can even be broken just pulling on them hard enough. They're a joke for any actual security. It might keep out a young child, but that's the most it could do.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 02:01:02 am »
And besides which, those are already included with every new gun purchase and can often be found for free via the NSSF's Project Childsafe or your local police department.
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen