Author Topic: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement  (Read 37181 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »
The Master Race.  Excuse me, I need a moment...

*the sounds of hysterical laughter can be heard from 3 states away*
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »
You scared my cat.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »
He also made a reply to a comment on a video about the Aurora shootings:

Someone else: creating a environment that keeps insane people from being horrible assholes isn't realistic.

Him: You're a bigoted lunatic.

That's probably the most ironic comment of the year.

Also made a comment about Cho Seung-Hui of the Virginia Tech shooting:

People need to stop bullying, but not only that. People also need to start accepting everyone. People need to befriend those lonely shy individuals instead of shun them, to make them feel like they belong. Social classes are evil, and lead to tragedies such as this. Humanity needs to unite as equals.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:53:53 pm by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2014, 07:55:31 pm »
So not only was he entitled, sexist, and racist, but he also had the self awareness of a peanut.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »
I stumbled upon his first comment made with the alternate account, which was a response to a comment in a Columbine Shooting tribute video, which was him calling a commenter a lunatic for believing in God. Unfortunately, the video itself has comments disabled so I don't know what the comment was, but no doubt once right wingers find out about this ... And there was his like of a video about human evolution on his main account.

Also, right wingers are pointing out the guy was subscribed to The Young Turks, and checking his main account confirms it. I couldn't pinpoint when he did so, but I would guess from the videos he posted it was 1 to 3 months ago.

He was subscribed to a couple other channels, like RoosterTeeth's LetsPlay, World of Warcraft, TobyTurner, Pokemon, and Game of Thrones. The gaming ones are going to be problematic since World of Warcraft has already appeared in the blame game. The Game of Thrones subscription was rather interesting seeing one of his comments on a Game of Thrones video was spoilers that enraged a lot of people.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2014, 08:35:56 pm »
I don't care if he was liberal, conservative, or whatever.  I just care that he was a horrible excuse for a man.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33:59 pm »
He was subscribed to a couple other channels, like RoosterTeeth's LetsPlay, World of Warcraft, TobyTurner, Pokemon, and Game of Thrones. The gaming ones are going to be problematic since World of Warcraft has already appeared in the blame game. The Game of Thrones subscription was rather interesting seeing one of his comments on a Game of Thrones video was spoilers that enraged a lot of people.

Oh god, I wonder if he made any comments about the "Connect the Hots" debacle.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2014, 10:33:22 pm »

His subscribing to LetsPlay was rather recent, and I didn't see any notable comments, if any, on that channel.

Also, what is this "Connect the Hots" debacle?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2014, 11:26:28 pm »

His subscribing to LetsPlay was rather recent, and I didn't see any notable comments, if any, on that channel.

I didn't witness it myself, but from I gathered, several months ago a couple of RT employees admitted to playing a game called "Connect the Hots".  It was a game where their route to work would be decided on the hot girls they could find.  When they found a hot girl, they would follow her until they found another one.  They actually uploaded a video of themselves playing the game, and allegedly during the video, they actually roll down their window to call out to a woman, whom they didn't know mind you, to let her know they were following her.  It caused a huge backdraft amongst the viewership, the video was taken down, and RT was made by their boss (Machinima, I think) to issue a public apology.  And from what I heard, several of their coworkers, including a female one, couldn't see anything wrong with what they were doing when the game was first revealed.  I heard only one spoke up about finding it disgusting.

That's what I remember reading about it, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:32:15 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2014, 11:43:33 pm »

I didn't witness it myself, but from I gathered, several months ago a couple of RT employees admitted to playing a game called "Connect the Hots".  It was a game where their route to work would be decided on the hot girls they could find.  When they found a hot girl, they would follow her until they found another one.  They actually uploaded a video of themselves playing the game, and allegedly during the video, they actually roll down their window to call out to a woman, whom they didn't know mind you, to let her know they were following her.  It caused a huge backdraft amongst the viewership, the video was taken down, and RT was made by their boss (Machinima, I think) to issue a public apology.  And from what I heard, several of their coworkers, including a female one, couldn't see anything wrong with what they were doing when the game was first revealed.  I heard only one spoke up about finding it disgusting.

When was this? I didn't see the shooter have a subscription to Rooster Teeth directly, only the LetsPlay channel one that he probably subscribed to 1 to 3 months ago.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2014, 12:04:40 am »

When was this? I didn't see the shooter have a subscription to Rooster Teeth directly, only the LetsPlay channel one that he probably subscribed to 1 to 3 months ago.

Almost certain it was longer than three months, so he probably wasn't a subscriber when it happened.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2014, 09:41:20 am »
You know who and what he reminded me of when he was ranting about how he's better than most guys and with the fact that he killed some girls for refusing to sleep with him?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI</a>

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »
I've bit my lip over this letting everyone else have their say while I watched and read, but I can't stand it much longer.  So here I go...

Every time a mass shooting like this occurs, we(the U.S.) go through the same thing of:
Part 1. Shock, horror, disgust, and genuine surprise in spite of prior events.
Part 2. Wall to wall coverage(if it's that bad) with ample speculation from the media as to how and why it happened.
Part 3. Knee jerk reaction of two extreme polar ends shouting the loudest for the public to follow their suggestions to fully prevent future tragedies while the more moderate and rational voices get drowned out and ignored.
Part 4. Congress does some kind of action to show the public that it's "doing something" mainly to pacify the public.
Part 5. The public doesn't follow up with congress to hold them accountable to what they say, and eventually puts the entire incident behind them until another shooting occurs going back to Part 1.

I was on the We Hunted the Mammoth(formerly ManBoobz) website when I read the "Retribution" video transcript.  What I immediately saw was a lot of MRA/PUA/manosphere vocabulary in his rant.  When I learned more about the shooter and read his biography and plans which he calls his "manifesto", I saw more of how this became, for a lack of a better term, a "perfect storm" for a rampage to occur.

In my opinion, this was an extremely narcissistic and self centered individual who had grown up in a want for nothing lifestyle.  He was classist, elitist, sexist, and inexplicably racist.  He believed he should get anything he wanted since, only obvious to him, he was a very sophisticated, elite, and all around awesome guy.  He stated moving to Isla Vista to get blond girls because of what he saw in the media, but at that time he already had some very maladaptive behaviors such as extreme jealousy and anger.  He was known to have dumped drinks on couples, pushed a couple over a ledge, display anger when his roommates talked about their own romantic encounters, and kept proceeding to rant on video or forum chat whenever he saw blond white women in the company of minority men.  Meanwhile, he became increasing preoccupied with his loneliness and inability to get himself a girlfriend for sex, so he began looking at PUA sites and other manosphere "literature" about being an "Alpha male".  When getting a car and dressing nice didn't attract women to him in droves, he became increasingly bitter and angry over it and even turned against the PUA community.  Reports out there state he never actually approached a woman romantically, but those reports cannot be confirmed.  After the shooting, a family spokesperson came out to state that he had a history of having Asperger's syndrome as well as being seen by four different therapists, but was being non-compliant with his medication.  They even called the Sheriff's office to perform a welfare check when they saw his videos.

So to conclude in the shortest way possible:
1.) He grew up in a lifestyle in which he did not learn the value of earning things and that the world doesn't owe you anything just because you think you're awesome.
2.) Asperger's syndrome may explain why he may have had some trouble connecting with people, but only some.  As others have posted, having Asperger's syndrome or any other learning or behavioral disorder doesn't make a person violent, maladaptive, and/or dysfunctional.  That still comes from the individual the vast majority of the time.
3.) Nobody nipped in the bud his growing level or narcissism, classism, elitism, sexism, and racism.  When his narcissism grew to peak levels, by that time he couldn't be helped since he didn't see anything wrong with himself.
4.) The Men's Rights Movement can try to side step this all they want, but more and more people are beginning to truly see what their movement is really about.  Just as the white supremacy movement was tied as partly responsible when Frazer Miller, James von Brunn, and others shoot up Jewish centers or the Holocaust museum, the Men's Rights movement shouldn't be let off the hook from this.

Thanks for reading.  I knew that was long.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »
cism.  When his narcissism grew to peak levels, by that time he couldn't be helped since he didn't see anything wrong with himself.
4.) The Men's Rights Movement can try to side step this all they want, but more and more people are beginning to truly see what their movement is really about.  Just as the white supremacy movement was tied as partly responsible when Frazer Miller, James von Brunn, and others shoot up Jewish centers or the Holocaust museum, the Men's Rights movement shouldn't be let off the hook from this.
Hoo boy, I stumbled around a guy saying MRM had nothing to do with the shooter, saying he was with Pick Up Artist and later anti-Pick Up Artist related channels and websites. Then I went around and found a guy blaming feminism for the shooting and saying the shooter himself was a feminist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:39:52 pm by KZN02 »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2014, 08:59:38 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/richard-martinez-blasts-politicians-nra-for-failing-to-stop-mass-shootings-1.2658951

The dad of one of the people who was killed:

"I don’t care that you’re sorry. Do something."

Martinez’s only son, 20-year-old Christopher Michaels-Martinez, was one of six people slain last Friday when Elliot Rodger went on a killing spree in the California community of Isla Vista before shooting himself.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.