Author Topic: Sanctions on Iran lifted  (Read 835 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Sanctions on Iran lifted
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:58:26 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35335078?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Because the Iranians complied with the nuclear disarmament treaty, the US has lifted many of the sanctions. This comes after a prisoner swap between the US and Iran earlier in the day. Needless to say, Israel and the GOP are mortified.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Sanctions on Iran lifted
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:03:39 am »
It's always amusing to see Israeli politicians go on about how countries like Iran shouldn't have nukes.

(Not that I think Iran should have nukes, it's just amusing when Israel says that.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:07:28 am »
Honestly, if it weren't for their government being...kinda badly nuts, too, I'd almost be more comfortable with Iran having nukes than Israel.  At least Iran doesn't have Big Brother America coddling it like Israel.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 01:23:39 am »
I'm hopeful, but I'm wary.  What'll happen if a hardliner (think Ahmadinejad, but smarter) becomes president again?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 01:31:52 am »
He won't now.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR