Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159528 times)

pyro

Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
Numbers 7.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2016, 02:39:28 pm »
This could also go in the "Things That Annoy You" thread, but why, when both 35mm film and modern digital camera sensors are 3:2, are 3:2 picture frames so hard  to come by?  12x18 inch frames are fairly common but if you want 3:2 in any other standard frame size, so you don't have to crop your pictures, well then tough shit.

Even Then

« Reply #572 on: April 15, 2016, 08:02:37 am »
It's my birthday. And now I have to deal with people wishing me a happy birthday on Facebook like "haven't talked to you in years, haven't talked to you in years, you're kind of a dick and I don't really like you, I can't just give a blanket thanks because some people went through the effort to write something other than just "happy birthday" or "congratulations"" ...bluh.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #573 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11:43 am »
It's my birthday. And now I have to deal with people wishing me a happy birthday on Facebook like "haven't talked to you in years, haven't talked to you in years, you're kind of a dick and I don't really like you, I can't just give a blanket thanks because some people went through the effort to write something other than just "happy birthday" or "congratulations"" ...bluh.
I believe you can turn birthday notifications off. Facebook not telling everyone on your friends list that it's your birthday really helps to put a stop to that kind of bullshit.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #574 on: April 15, 2016, 12:55:54 pm »
And BTW, Happy Birthday, ET! You don't mind it from any of us here, do ya? XD
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #575 on: April 15, 2016, 01:27:43 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXO_5e8oO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXO_5e8oO0</a>

Even Then

« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »
And BTW, Happy Birthday, ET! You don't mind it from any of us here, do ya? XD

Nah. :)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #577 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »
Hippo Birdy.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #578 on: April 16, 2016, 12:33:22 am »
Kinkshaming a Masocism would cause them to feel humiliated and thus more aroused but would also cause the other person to kinkshame them harder thus causing the Masocist to feel more humiliated an thus causi-

Art Vandelay

« Reply #579 on: April 16, 2016, 12:35:13 am »
Kinkshaming a Masocism would cause them to feel humiliated and thus more aroused but would also cause the other person to kinkshame them harder thus causing the Masocist to feel more humiliated an thus causi-
If a sadist did it then they would both jizz so hard that their balls would turn inside out.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2016, 10:25:29 am »

stop kinkshaming kinkshamers
Σא

pyro

« Reply #581 on: April 16, 2016, 12:35:58 pm »
If a sadist did it then they would both jizz so hard that their balls would turn inside out.

If it's safe, sane, and consensual, does it even count as kinkshaming? Or would it just be kinky shaming.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: April 25, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »
It's interesting reading science fiction novels from the 90s and seeing what they got right and what they got wrong.  Like visions of the distant future of 2011 with reasonably accurate smartphones and immortality via nanobots.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #583 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:12 pm »
It's interesting reading science fiction novels from the 90s and seeing what they got right and what they got wrong.  Like visions of the distant future of 2011 with reasonably accurate smartphones and immortality via nanobots.

Have you ever read from earlier, like 60s and 70s? Star Trek and James Bond from that era, some of that which actually came to pass.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

pyro

« Reply #584 on: April 25, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »

Have you ever read from earlier, like 60s and 70s? Star Trek and James Bond from that era, some of that which actually came to pass.

I'm not sure if tricorders count, since the first flipphone was called the STAR-TAC and was designed to look like the ones from Star Trek.