Author Topic: Kim Jong-un is suffering from health problems  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Kim Jong-un is suffering from health problems
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »
We still have some Kims to go! I recall an elder brother...

If I remember correctly, the very reason said older brother was cut out of the line of succession was because he'd been something of a public embarrassment, so Kim Jong-il cut him out of the will, as it were.  I dunno why, but I highly doubt that a society as male-dominated and traditionalist as they are would take someone countermanding something like that from their previous leader, even if said leader is dead.  Hell, especially if said leader is dead.

Said elder Kim is also something of a flamboyant playboy and a bit of a philanthropist on the side, so... at least one of them isn't made of suck so vast that he rivals a black hole.

If he's a half-way decent person then he should get the job.

That said, how the heck does a guy break both ankles? Either he took a big fall or someone went "Misery" on him.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »
To just throw out the other Kims because of parental favoritism is just plain Kim Jong Unacceptable!

Straighten up your behaviour NK! You want to be a monarchy disguised as a communist dictatorship? Then you need to take some not quite preferred kings every now and then.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 09:03:23 pm »
To just throw out the other Kims because of parental favoritism is just plain Kim Jong Unacceptable!

Straighten up your behaviour NK! You want to be a monarchy disguised as a communist dictatorship? Then you need to take some not quite preferred kings every now and then.

Just because most monarchies have a law clearly delineating the line of succession (whether it's Salic law, Semi-Salic law, agnatic primogeniture, male-preference primogeniture, absolute primogeniture, or whatever) doesn't mean they have to. North Korea is just a monarchy which allows the monarch to designate his successor. (Francoist Spain was technically like that, too--Juan Carlos's father had a stronger claim to the throne of Spain than Juan Carlos did--but it didn't last after Franco died.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 01:57:21 am »

If I remember correctly, the very reason said older brother was cut out of the line of succession was because he'd been something of a public embarrassment, so Kim Jong-il cut him out of the will, as it were.  I dunno why, but I highly doubt that a society as male-dominated and traditionalist as they are would take someone countermanding something like that from their previous leader, even if said leader is dead.  Hell, especially if said leader is dead.

Said elder Kim is also something of a flamboyant playboy and a bit of a philanthropist on the side, so... at least one of them isn't made of suck so vast that he rivals a black hole.

That said, how the heck does a guy break both ankles? Either he took a big fall or someone went "Misery" on him.

According to the article he was wearing fancy Cuban heel shoes/boots during his usual running around "inspecting" the military and sprained his ankles because he's a fat moron with impractical footwear. He kept trying to press on with the tour and eventually just snapped both ankles.

Obviously no way to definitely confirm this, but I wish we had video footage of the Dear Leader collapsing in screaming agony because he picked stupid shoes.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »

According to the article he was wearing fancy Cuban heel shoes/boots during his usual running around "inspecting" the military and sprained his ankles because he's a fat moron with impractical footwear. He kept trying to press on with the tour and eventually just snapped both ankles.

Obviously no way to definitely confirm this, but I wish we had video footage of the Dear Leader collapsing in screaming agony because he picked stupid shoes.

Cuban heel shoe-boots look best on slim guys with nice legs....not tubby short tyrants with stupid haircuts.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »
UPDATE:

We've been duped again, Kim duJour seems to be doing fine. *sigh*
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/kim-jong-un-misses-key-political-event-feeding-rumors-about-the-north-korean-leaders-health/
Man! You can't get anything reliable about North Korea. Next time something is reported from North Korea.....just assume it's false until shown otherwise!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »
UPDATE:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/kim-jong-un-misses-key-political-event-feeding-rumors-about-the-north-korean-leaders-health/
Man! You can't get anything reliable about North Korea. Next time something is reported from North Korea.....just assume it's false until shown otherwise!

Doesn't this story say the exact opposite of what you think it's saying?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2014, 12:11:50 am »
UPDATE:

Doesn't this story say the exact opposite of what you think it's saying?

Maybe I posted the wrong article. The point was that while he's having health problems & absences, he's still fully in charge & there's likely no coup.

Frankly, who the heck knows what's going on in North Korea?

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:57 am »
Ah, so the Groundhog of NK managed to get out of his hidey hole and saw his shadow? Well, that's done then.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 04:18:24 am »
Apparently it is just not RIGHT in NK to show that their glorious leader can get sick like the mortals. So if he was sick/injured it makes sense for him to stay hiding untill he is fit to be seen as the "perfect embidoment of health and virility" that he is...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 07:44:42 pm »
Ah, so the Groundhog of NK managed to get out of his hidey hole and saw his shadow? Well, that's done then.

At his size, his shadow would cover most of his palace.