Author Topic: The owner of Silk Road has been arrested.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
The owner of Silk Road has been arrested.
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:34:10 pm »
Ulbricht was arrested Tuesday at the Glen Park branch of the San Francisco Public Library and charged with narcotics trafficking conspiracy, computer hacking conspiracy and money laundering. He’s accused of running Silk Road, a so-called hidden website that supposedly allowed users to buy and sell drugs without fear of discovery.

Source

Silk Road was the infamous trade website usable on Tor, it generally traded in drugs and weaponry.  Ironically, it was probably the cleanest thing on Tor considering the other things available through it.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: The owner of Silk Road has been arrested.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:17:33 am »
I was gonna say, the Silk Road that I'm familiar with hasn't been used in a long long while.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:26:26 am »
Heh, I was thinking of the one Gyeonghwa was probably referring to.  The one that was around just a tad before the internet was.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:00:15 am »
Criminal mastermind my ass, that guy was an idiot.

I am glad to see Silk Road get pwnt. Addictive drugs are weapons of enslavement as addiction alters cognitive ability and prolonged exposure will degrade it. Don’t take my word for it ask a substance abuse counselor about the difficulty of counseling addicts. Fun fact, addicts cannot be cured they can only go into remission. The Tor network is getting fucked, first Freedom Hosting now Silk Road.

And now to the fear and loathing on the Silk Road forum:
How did they get the access keys to the Zion's mainframe?
THESE FORUMS ARE ALMOST CERTAINLY COMPROMISED - USE WITH CAUTION 

Obligator 9/11 truther
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*