Author Topic: Possible shootout at MIT?  (Read 26711 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:50 pm »
WOOHOO! They got the little creep! He's gonna have to answer to all this...and his angry uncle "YOU HAVE SHAMED THE FAMILY! I HAVE NO NEPHEW!".

Alrighty! Black Hat's dead...White Hat's arrested...time to get the third unnamed mystery guy!

The uncle is is disgusted by them, but their dad claims they were framed and the mother claims the older son was persecuted by the FBI.

I like the uncle. He was shouting at the cameras (addressing his nephews): "Ask the injured and the families for forgiveness, but don't ask me! You have brought shame on the Tzarnaev family, on the Chechen people!"

That guy earned himself a lot of points. It's sad that his family will probably still get death threats.

Yeah I have mad respect for the uncle, but you're right that unfortunately a lot of people will still see guilt by association.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
Deity bless that uncle. I love that guy! Mom & Pop are probably in denial & not willing to accept that they brought two little hellspawn of Iblis into the world.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »
I'm glad they got at least one of them alive.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2013, 09:30:14 pm »
I didn't think they would catch him alive. I figured it would be "suicide by cop."
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »
Everyone did.  The fact they managed to get the bastard alive speaks volumes of the negotiator.

Ironbite-now the fun really starts.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:53 pm »
So will they keep him in Boston or send him to Gitmo?

Come to that, what are the anti-terrorism laws in the US like?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
So will they keep him in Boston or send him to Gitmo?

Come to that, what are the anti-terrorism laws in the US like?
Hopefully he will be treated like any other domestic terrorist and kept in prison--supermax or otherwise. This hasn't stopped creeps like Sen. Lindsey Graham from designating the U.S. a battlefield (no doubt in an attempt to justify his support of the draconian NDAA) and claiming Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be held as an enemy combatant.

EDIT: To put this in perspective, everyone from Eric Rudolph (the Centennial Olympic Park bomber), to Timothy McVeigh (prior to his execution) and Terry Nichols, to Ramzi Yousef (a key perpetrator of the first World Trade Center bombing) have been kept in the ADX Florence supermax prison in Colorado.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »
Someone on tumblr said they heard on the news that they'll be trying him in a federal court and are going to try for a death sentence.  I don't know how true it is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »
Meanwhile, in what may be a scathing indictment of Americans' geography skills or a scathing indictment of the world's perception of such, the Czech Ambassador to the United States would like to remind everyone that the Czech Republic and Chechnya are not the same place.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »
Someone on tumblr said they heard on the news that they'll be trying him in a federal court and are going to try for a death sentence.  I don't know how true it is.
I'd be curious to know on what grounds. Usually you would have to have attacked a federal target.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:56 pm »
I'd be curious to know on what grounds. Usually you would have to have attacked a federal target.

Terrorism charges, possibly?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:44 pm »

I'm certain that people like Ramzi Yousef were charged with that as well, but he was tried in NYC and sentenced to life in prison.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:44 pm »

I'm certain that people like Ramzi Yousef were charged with that as well, but he was tried in NYC and sentenced to life in prison.

Still, that was all pre-September 11, 2001.

• The Beast
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2013, 10:32:04 pm »

Still, that was all pre-September 11, 2001.
That still doesn't mean we've suddenly changed jurisdictional rules though. The crimes happened entirely within Massachusetts, so I don't understand why the Feds would suddenly be trying the case and pushing for the death penalty. They could do that with Timothy McVeigh because he attacked the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. They could do it with Nidal Malik Hasan because he murdered soldiers at Ft. Hood. With this, the casualties were entirely civilian and none were federal government targets.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:17 pm »
Everyone did.  The fact they managed to get the bastard alive speaks volumes of the negotiator.

Ironbite-now the fun really starts.

You mean all the Conspiratards frothing at the mouth?