Author Topic: Possible shootout at MIT?  (Read 26679 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2013, 07:17:23 am »
That still doesn't mean we've suddenly changed jurisdictional rules though. The crimes happened entirely within Massachusetts, so I don't understand why the Feds would suddenly be trying the case and pushing for the death penalty.

Terrorism is a federal crime.

Quote from: 18 USC 2331(5)
the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

Quote from: 18 USC 2332f(a)
Offenses.—
(1) In general.— Whoever unlawfully delivers, places, discharges, or detonates an explosive or other lethal device in, into, or against a place of public use, a state or government facility, a public transportation system, or an infrastructure facility—
(A) with the intent to cause death or serious bodily injury, or
(B) with the intent to cause extensive destruction of such a place, facility, or system, where such destruction results in or is likely to result in major economic loss,
shall be punished as prescribed in subsection (c).

Why the death penalty? Just a guess - bargaining. If the US Attorney takes death off the table at the start, they can't use it to bargain a plea deal later.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2013, 07:28:18 am »
I didn't think they would catch him alive. I figured it would be "suicide by cop."

Since he tried to hide, I think he wasn't quite into the "martyrdom" idea enough to let himself die for the cause. I frankly don't think either of them were, since they fled from their bombs rather than committing a suicide bombing and they panicked and made a sloppy escape attempt when they were fingered on the news.

Even if he was planning on jumping out of his hiding spot and waving around a gun (or pointing his shoe at them like a gun or something), SWAT just threw in flashbangs and grabbed him while he was disoriented.

Edit: Apparently the boat's owner found the suspect when he saw that the tarp covering his boat was loose and the ropes holding it down had been cut, and he saw a human form lying in a pool of blood inside. He's apparently in "serious condition". I'm guessing that even if he intended to commit suicide by cop after the chase, he wouldn't have had the strength to do so.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:35:35 am by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:04 am »
Everyone did.  The fact they managed to get the bastard alive speaks volumes of the negotiator.

Ironbite-now the fun really starts.

You mean all the Conspiratards frothing at the mouth?

You mean they haven't been this whole time?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2013, 09:41:28 am »
Everyone did.  The fact they managed to get the bastard alive speaks volumes of the negotiator.

Conspiritards started ranting about the Superbowl blackout within a day of its occurrence. They probably started talking about random conspiracies as soon as they heard the word "Boston" and didn't bother to check what had even happened until someone slapped them and got them to shut up.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2013, 09:47:22 am »

Conspiritards started ranting about the Superbowl blackout within a day of its occurrence. They probably started talking about random conspiracies as soon as they heard the word "Boston" and didn't bother to check what had even happened until someone slapped them and got them to shut up.

I can tell you for a fact, given some of the people I deleted of Facebook, that they started coming up with conspiracies about it within a few HOURS of the initial marathon bombing.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2013, 10:31:34 am »

I can tell you for a fact, given some of the people I deleted of Facebook, that they started coming up with conspiracies about it within a few HOURS of the initial marathon bombing.

I had one ranting about how Obama had met with a Saudi Prince on the Wednesday and the real suspect was a Saudi who had been deported.  It was accompanied with a (badly) photoshopped pic of Obama standing next to bin Laden.  The piece he was quoting it from had a bit in it from FAUX news and, to give the swine their due, even FAUX didn't mention anything about it, so dear knows where the stupid tit was getting his ideas from.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2013, 10:53:00 am »
I had one ranting about how Obama had met with a Saudi Prince on the Wednesday and the real suspect was a Saudi who had been deported.  It was accompanied with a (badly) photoshopped pic of Obama standing next to bin Laden.  The piece he was quoting it from had a bit in it from FAUX news and, to give the swine their due, even FAUX didn't mention anything about it, so dear knows where the stupid tit was getting his ideas from.

Glenn Beck.  He basically started a witch hunt for this Saudi national, which is why he was put into protective custody in the first place, and Beck is using the fact that the US is protecting the guy from his lynch mob as proof that he's the real culprit and Obama is in on it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2013, 11:55:43 am »
Beck and Jones have so much shit talk out there that one of the Tsaraev's  aunts has been using it to grasp at straws to prop up her belief in her nephews' innocence. And the same goes for their shocked and grieving dad back in Russia. Their family are also victims of the terrorists' heinous acts, right along with their bombing and shooting victims' families.

As awful as these lying Actual False Flag Wavers are in general, to see what their sweet tasting poison is doing to bewildered and bereaved Tsaraev relatives is pretty tragic in itself. Considering the forthrightness of their Uncle Tsarli in his statements, the contrast is a sad thing to see.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2013, 12:11:43 pm »

Glenn Beck.  He basically started a witch hunt for this Saudi national, which is why he was put into protective custody in the first place, and Beck is using the fact that the US is protecting the guy from his lynch mob as proof that he's the real culprit and Obama is in on it.
Oh god the video...yeah Glenn's gonna give the government until Monday to explain the Boston cover-up...or he'll throw the biggest hissy fit you've ever SEEN!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:04 pm »

Oh god the video...yeah Glenn's gonna give the government until Monday to explain the Boston cover-up...or he'll throw the biggest hissy fit you've ever SEEN!

*wheels out popcorn machine*

Popcorn, get your popcorn here!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2013, 01:57:14 pm »

"I don't bluff."

-_-  If you say so Glenn.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:59:58 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2013, 01:58:52 pm »

No....just no.  Someone arrests Mr. Beck now.   Pretty sure making threats against the government is illegal.

Ironbite-and Alex Jones can go rot in a prison of his own body.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2013, 02:01:34 pm »

No....just no.  Someone arrests Mr. Beck now.   Pretty sure making threats against the government is illegal.

I wouldn't call that a threat of physical violence--I think he's planning on "exposing" government officials. Nothing worth arresting anyone over.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2013, 02:09:49 pm »

I wouldn't call that a threat of physical violence--I think he's planning on "exposing" government officials. Nothing worth arresting anyone over.

Expose WHAT? What does he have that's not half-coherent, unsubstantiated ramblings? He has as less ability to expose anyone than the guy growing marijuana plants next door.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »
It appears that that the suspect will not be given Miranda Rights, and will be interrogated by the High Value Interrogation Group. Republicans are criticizing the Obama administration for not restricting the suspects rights enough.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/miranda-rights-question-hovers-over-bombings-prosecution?ocid=ansnews11

I'm pretty sure they'll be using torture here.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov