Author Topic: Possible shootout at MIT?  (Read 26689 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »
I had one ranting about how Obama had met with a Saudi Prince on the Wednesday and the real suspect was a Saudi who had been deported.  It was accompanied with a (badly) photoshopped pic of Obama standing next to bin Laden.  The piece he was quoting it from had a bit in it from FAUX news and, to give the swine their due, even FAUX didn't mention anything about it, so dear knows where the stupid tit was getting his ideas from.

Glenn Beck.  He basically started a witch hunt for this Saudi national, which is why he was put into protective custody in the first place, and Beck is using the fact that the US is protecting the guy from his lynch mob as proof that he's the real culprit and Obama is in on it.

No....just no.  Someone arrests Mr. Beck now.   Pretty sure making threats against the government is illegal.

Ironbite-and Alex Jones can go rot in a prison of his own body.
I wouldn't call that a threat of physical violence--I think he's planning on "exposing" government officials. Nothing worth arresting anyone over.

Expose WHAT? What does he have that's not half-coherent, unsubstantiated ramblings? He has as less ability to expose anyone than the guy growing marijuana plants next door.
Excuse me, I misheard him. Glenn Beck is actually going to expose himself to government officials. I sincerely regret the error.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
Well, I'd expect his dangly bits to be half-coherent as well.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2013, 11:01:25 pm »
The conspiracy lot also thought that the fertilizer plant blown up in Texas was supposed to be a distraction and the government lobbed a missile at it to cause the explosion.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2013, 06:41:26 am »
The conspiracy lot also thought that the fertilizer plant blown up in Texas was supposed to be a distraction and the government lobbed a missile at it to cause the explosion.

That's why the video of it shows the entire sky visible as the plant burns massively right before exploding, right?

There's not even a plane for them to use to justify their wackiness. Next it'll be "invisible hypersonic cruise missiles", which they "prove" by pointing out a slight staticky woosh as the cameraman moves the camera.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2013, 09:33:04 am »

That's why the video of it shows the entire sky visible as the plant burns massively right before exploding, right?

There's not even a plane for them to use to justify their wackiness. Next it'll be "invisible hypersonic cruise missiles", which they "prove" by pointing out a slight staticky woosh as the cameraman moves the camera.

Lasers.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2013, 10:23:32 am »
It appears that that the suspect will not be given Miranda Rights, and will be interrogated by the High Value Interrogation Group. Republicans are criticizing the Obama administration for not restricting the suspects rights enough.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/miranda-rights-question-hovers-over-bombings-prosecution?ocid=ansnews11

I'm pretty sure they'll be using torture here.

Miranda Rights actually don't have to be read in some circumstances. That doesn't mean much of anything.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2013, 10:41:33 am »

Apparently 9/11 was a missile disguised by laser holographic technology.

You know, I wish we had the kind of technology.  Would certainly beat the hell out of the pish 3D effects you get in cinemas.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2013, 10:51:09 am »
Well, I'd expect his dangly bits to be half-coherent as well.

The Govt. will have to get an electron microscope.

• The Beast
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:11 pm »
Excellent article on how our post-9/11 mentality continues to harm us in the wake of the Boston attack.

• The Beast
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2013, 03:47:26 pm »
It appears that that the suspect will not be given Miranda Rights, and will be interrogated by the High Value Interrogation Group. Republicans are criticizing the Obama administration for not restricting the suspects rights enough.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/miranda-rights-question-hovers-over-bombings-prosecution?ocid=ansnews11

I'm pretty sure they'll be using torture here.

Miranda Rights actually don't have to be read in some circumstances. That doesn't mean much of anything.
There is an exception for Miranda Rights--the public safety exception. And it absolutely matters.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »
I never said it didn't matter. I said it didn't mean much of anything. There's a very big difference. Mainly because of what I was responding to that there was going to be torture.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2013, 05:26:18 pm »
I never said it didn't matter. I said it didn't mean much of anything. There's a very big difference. Mainly because of what I was responding to that there was going to be torture.
It just sounded like you were dismissing it entirely, that's all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:05 pm »
I wouldn't do that, for future reference.

&

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2013, 05:47:06 pm »
I am aghast at how cavalier people are about the prospect that the guy will be interrogated under torture.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »
I am aghast at how cavalier people are about the prospect that the guy will be interrogated under torture.

I'm against the use of torture on him, but I think I'm in the minority. (Not on here, in general) Torture is generally useless to get information and it absolutely pointless when using it to get a confession. I'd make an exception for when the torture isn't officially condoned, in a dire situation, and the information is very important right fucking now, like a nuke equivalent to the Tsar Bomba hidden in New York.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov