Author Topic: Why Christianity is the one true religion  (Read 11890 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Why Christianity is the one true religion
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:33:50 pm »
Since you guys are atheists, I will preach to you why Christianity is the true religion.

The first evidence is the historical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ. The majority of scholars agree that there was a historical man in Judea called Christ who was crucified under Pontius Pilate according to the historical writings of Josephus and Tacitus.

But Jesus Christ could not only be a mere man because by the time of Emperor Nero, there were Christians in Rome who believed that Jesus was the Christ which was the title for messiah. If Jesus was a man, then how come there was a new religion that genuinely believed he was the messiah. They were persecuted under the tyrannical Emperor Nero who used them as a scapegoat for the Great Fre of Rome in 67 AD. Christians refused to recant their faith upon threat of death. If Jesus was not the messiah, why would the Christians be willing to die for a lie?

Throughout the history of Christianity, there have been eyewitness accounts of visits by angels and the spirits of the Saints.

Evidence for the afterlife and heaven and hell comes from the numerous eyewitness testimonies, and documentations of ghosts in haunted places. Earthbound ghosts are often spirits that have such an attachment to the location that they won’t move on to heaven such as a location where they were murdered. Other ghosts such as the ghosts of unrepentant sinners are cursed to remain on Earth as a punishment of hell. This is often the case with murderers who often are forced to reinact their crimes. The spirits of those who committed suicide are often seen at the location of their suicide. This was shown in the story of A Christmas Carol where the ghost of Jacob Marley appeared to Scrooge from hell and warned him of his fate if he didn’t change his ways.

Many times ghosts return from the other realms if their graves are disturbed or if they are summoned using ouija boards and witchcraft. This happened in the Bible in 1 Samuel 28:15 when King Saul consulted a witch to summon the spirit of Samuel who gave Saul an omen that he would die the next day.

People have witnessed dark spirits showing that demons are indeed real. Demons have been caught on tape. There is also the phenomena of sleep paralysis where people wake up but they are unable to move, and they see a shadow or hag go on them and assaulting them. This is an interesting documentary of the phenomena. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

There have been documented cases of priests healing the sick, vanquishing evil spirits, and performing exorcisms. Using holy water and blessing haunted houses have often ridded the house of demons.

So please repent and join an Anglican Church. I am suggesting an Anglican Church because it has Apostolic sucession unlike the other Protestant Churches and because the Catholic Church is corrupt and full of pedophile priests. The chief punishment of hell, is not being in the presence of God in the paradise of heaven. If you don’t repent you will weep and gnash your teeth knowing that you are being punished for your sins. Perhaps you will see heaven and know what you missed out on. Perhaps I will be able to visit you in hell and mock you for missing your opportunity.

In hell, if you are so sexually promiscuous, you will lust for the ghosts of women but will be unable to have sex as you will not be granted new bodies in hell. You will be so horny that you will lack rest. That is what the 2nd Circle of Hell is a metaphor for in Dante’s Inferno.

So please repent of your sins. Join me in eternal paradise.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Why Christianity is the one true religion
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »
Well you know that's got me convinced.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 09:58:50 pm »
Ugh

This is such uninspired, multiply-regurgitated bullshit it's not even fun to argue against
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 10:18:19 pm »
Since Jacob is a Christian I will preach why Islam is the true religion.

Most historians agree that Mohamed was a real person based on the writings of historians from the era.

But Mohamed could not have been a mere man because shortly after the Middle east was full of people who thought he was God's last prophet.  If Mohamed was a man, then how come there was a new religion that genuinely believed he was a prophet?  They were persecuted in Mecca but Muslims refused to recant their faith upon threat of death. If Mohamed was not a prophet, why would the Muslims be willing to die for a lie?

There are many people who have seen Jinn from Islamic/Arabian folklore.  And many people have had near death experiences of the Muslim afterlife. 

There have been documented cases of Imam's healing the sick, vanquishing evil spirits, and performing exorcisms using the Quran and Islamic symbols.

So please repent and join Islam  The chief punishment of hell, is not being in the presence of Allah in the paradise of heaven. If you don’t repent you will weep and gnash your teeth knowing that you are being punished for your sins. Perhaps you will see heaven and know what you missed out on. Perhaps I will be able to visit you in hell and mock you for missing your opportunity.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
Jacob, it's presumptuous of you to state that "you guys" are atheists. I am but it's not an explicitly atheist forum.

That said, congrats on using this section for it's intended purpose and not your masturbatory peccadillos or batshit political theories. Progress, I guess.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 01:30:04 am »
Ok Jacob, I'm just going to say this as a fellow Christian to you: You are making us look like dicks (and lunatics) and this is counter-productive to trying to convert people into Christianity.

I'm generally against preaching to people because I see it mainly as annoying others and your style in particular is not going to work here at all.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 03:10:27 pm »
Since Jacob is a Christian I will preach why Islam is the true religion.

Most historians agree that Mohamed was a real person based on the writings of historians from the era.

But Mohamed could not have been a mere man because shortly after the Middle east was full of people who thought he was God's last prophet.  If Mohamed was a man, then how come there was a new religion that genuinely believed he was a prophet?  They were persecuted in Mecca but Muslims refused to recant their faith upon threat of death. If Mohamed was not a prophet, why would the Muslims be willing to die for a lie?

There are many people who have seen Jinn from Islamic/Arabian folklore.  And many people have had near death experiences of the Muslim afterlife. 

There have been documented cases of Imam's healing the sick, vanquishing evil spirits, and performing exorcisms using the Quran and Islamic symbols.

So please repent and join Islam  The chief punishment of hell, is not being in the presence of Allah in the paradise of heaven. If you don’t repent you will weep and gnash your teeth knowing that you are being punished for your sins. Perhaps you will see heaven and know what you missed out on. Perhaps I will be able to visit you in hell and mock you for missing your opportunity.

You did a great job at substituting the words as an attempt to claim that the evidence that Islam is the true religion is as equally valid. You are a worthy foe. However I will explain the difference between the spread of Christianity and the spread of Islam to explain why the spread of Christianity is more genuine.

According to Islam, Muhammad received a vision from the Angel Gabriel in a cave(I know that it was a demon impersonating the Angel Gabriel). He was the only eyewitness to the event. When spreading his beliefs, he referred to God as Allah. He combined the one true God with an Arabian Pagan diety. He used deception, and bribery to get people to join him and then waged violent conquest against his enemies in Mecca massacring Jews and Pagans and having forced conversions. Islam spread by the sword(I encourage you to read to Quran and Hadith to learn how violent the religion of Islam is and how Muhammad was a genocidal sex trafficking mass murdering pedophile. You will then be more concerned about the religion your Muslim friends practice.)

Jesus Christ on the other hand was a peaceful man who defied the Pharisees but commanded his followers to give unto Ceasar and obey those in authority(hence the concept of the divine right of Kings). In fact, Roman governor Pontius Pilate only had Jesus crucified because he was coerced into doing it by an angry mob. People believed in Jesus because they witnessed him performing miracles such as raising Lazarus from the dead, feeding the 5000, walking on water, and healing the sick and the blind. If Jesus did not spread his religion by the sword or use bribery, then how come the religion of Christianity spread so quickly. How were there people who genuinely believed that he was the messiah and were willing to be martyred for him?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 03:13:59 pm »
Ok Jacob, I'm just going to say this as a fellow Christian to you: You are making us look like dicks (and lunatics) and this is counter-productive to trying to convert people into Christianity.

I'm generally against preaching to people because I see it mainly as annoying others and your style in particular is not going to work here at all.

What denomination of Christianity are you? The New Testament commands us to preach and make believers. I was pointing out the evidence that proves that Christianity is the one true religion. And also do you not have worries about the souls of your atheist friends? Do you not worry that they are going to hell?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:53:11 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 06:50:16 pm »
The evidence is that Christianity didn't spread more quickly than most religions. Mormonism for instance spread much more quickly than Christianity.

And if simply dying for the belief makes it true, I guess all those people at Jonestown were right.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 09:16:58 pm »
The evidence is that Christianity didn't spread more quickly than most religions. Mormonism for instance spread much more quickly than Christianity.

And if simply dying for the belief makes it true, I guess all those people at Jonestown were right.

Well the false religion of Mormonism spread because the cult leader Joseph Smith spread the belief that he received a revelation from God. But the difference between the spread of Mormonism and the spread of Christianity is that Christianity got a much higher quantity of believers in a short period of time. Mormons today are mostly in Utah.

How did Christianity gain so many believers in a short period of time, if Jesus was just a mere man. If he was a mere man and did not perform miracles and risen from the dead, how were there Christians in Rome by 67 AD that believed he was the messiah? That is about 37 years after his death in 30 AD(it would have to be 30 AD because died at around age 33 1/2 and he was born when King Herod who died in 4 BC was still alive.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:41 am »
"Mere men" can't get followers and start movements?

Clearly you've never heard of politics, cults, fads or rock and roll!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 06:33:57 am »
"Mere men" can't get followers and start movements?

Clearly you've never heard of politics, cults, fads or rock and roll!

Mere man can’t get tons of people within a short period of time to convert to a religion that believes that actually believe that they are the messiah and son of God.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 07:16:53 am »
Well, Islam moved faster. In twenty years after Mo's death they had an empire stretching from Egypt to Iran.

Does that mean they get more holy points?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 08:33:39 am »
Well, Islam moved faster. In twenty years after Mo's death they had an empire stretching from Egypt to Iran.

Does that mean they get more holy points?

I already addressed Islam and why it has far less holy points  in an earlier comment here.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 10:18:31 am »
Yeah, that was just the usual "Jesus was a peaceful bro but Mo was a bad dude" bollocks, Jesus said ""Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword." So they were both a little sword happy, Mo just got more swords on his shit.

As for all that crap about Allah being a moon deity, Yahweh had a wife called Asherah so wasn't any more monotheistic or less pagan than Allah. Anyway I'm saying this to a Catholic, you guys have more weird little gods than the Hindus. You just call them saints.

I'm an atheist. I don't care what imaginary flim flam you bring to the table, it's all the same to me!