Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462459 times)

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 09:49:27 am »
You should be. Now I have to go kick a puppy or something to make up for it.

Actually make that a baby. I'd feel bad about kicking a puppy.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:56 am »
Played a little Civilization II.  I chose a small world with 7 nations, raging whores hordes, and warlord difficulty (I wanted to give myself a chance).

Before I had learned my second tech, the Japanese had wiped out 3 civs.  By the end of the game, they were doing so much damage, half the conquered civs came back! 

Ironically, they were nice to me.  In fact, the only combat I saw was fighting off some barbarians.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 01:19:28 am »
I had a bit of an embarrassing moment in Terraria. I defeated the Eye of Cthulhu using a gold bow, gold armour and an enchanted boomerang and later on the Eater of Worlds twice. After all that, I found I was one of two demonite bars short of a full set of demonite armour, weapons and tools. To fix that, I decided to beat up the Eye of Cthulhu for a bit of demonite and a gold coin. This time around I had a full set of demonite armour, a demon bow, a musket, a vilethorn and my old enchanted boomerang. That fight was a total walkover, right? Well actually, the bastard killed me before it reached its second phase.

Even though I was playing single player, I was so ashamed.

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 04:52:39 pm »
Bored now. Reinstalling Red Alert 3.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:41 pm »
I got the Halo: Anniversery Edition today. :)

Other than that I've been mainly going back and forth between finishing side quests on my first character in Skyrim, and doing a last run through of ME2 before ME3 comes out.

Also, unlocked the 12X and 3.4X scoped for my main sniper rifle in BF3.  I love the 12x scope on big open maps cause the distance you can snipe people from is rediculous.  Then the 3.4X is awesome for medium and smaller maps because it basically becomes a long range shotgun.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:11:39 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 12:10:57 am »
I officially can't wait for The Darkness II.  If its anywhere near as good as the first one, I will explode from the sheer fucking orgasm-inducing WIN that will be that game.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 12:01:37 am »
Darkness II demo was niiiice.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:38 am »
On my second playtrough of Mass effect 2 I used a character with biotic skills (first playtrhough was as a soldier) and there is this ability called shockwave. Basically a series of explosions ending in a big on which move in a straight line at an enemy. At first it seemed weak since most of the enemies are smart enough to use cover but then I reached that one level... Cybernetic zombie hordes chargin at me, not bothering with cover and to top it off the level was mostly made from narrow walkways surrounded by a deep pit... Mwahahahaaa! boom boom BOOM! Oh the humanity! Bits and pieces flying everywhere! Even the ones that would have survived the blast get thrown into a pit.

Fun.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 02:51:00 am »
About to face the Wall of Flesh in Terraria and move on to hardmode. All that's left to do is loot the floating islands and quarantine my house and surrounding area against the impending super-powered hallow and corruption spread. Fun stuff.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 03:01:40 am »

Is it on the LIVE Marketplace?  If so, I am playing that motherfucker like WHOA.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:44 am »

Is it on the LIVE Marketplace?  If so, I am playing that motherfucker like WHOA.

Yep. Got released yesterday I think.

Gold exclusive though

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Mantorok

• Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 05:04:11 am »
Gold exclusive though
It's normal for Gold members to get access to demos a week before Silver members.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 05:08:31 am »
I know it is. I just figured if he wanted to play it ASAP he'd like to know he'd need a gold membership. Otherwise he would have to wait. If he doesn't have one I think I have a code somewhere for a trial...

I also plan on playing the Asura's Wrath thing. Guy I know says it's a bastard child of Ninja Blade and DBZ.

&

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »
Thankfully, big bro has a gold LIVE account, and I got to play that motherfucker...it is...a thing of beauty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 08:58:05 pm »
I just won me a free game. Awesome sauce.