Author Topic: Santorum wants a spiritual war against liberal Protestants  (Read 31906 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Santorum wants a spiritual war against liberal Protestants
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:24 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/catholic-santorum-2008-protestantism-shambles-gone-world-christianity-054237992.html
A speech former Senator Rick Santorum delivered at a Catholic college in 2008 began burning up the left-wing blogosphere Friday afternoon. At Ave Maria University in Naples, Florida, Santorum argued that Satan was using the national debate over abortion as a tool to destroy the institutions of American culture — including universities, churches, the popular culture, and the government.
“This is not a political war at all. This is not a cultural war at all. This is a spiritual war,” Santorum said during his August 29, 2008 speech. “And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies, Satan, would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country, the United States of America.”
The portion of his remarks that have attracted the most attention — including scorn from the liberal People for the American Way, which identified the university’s podcast of Santorum’s speech on Friday — concern his view that Protestant churches have been compromised by that “spiritual war” over the question of when life begins.

Which would be hilarious since Santorum's belief on birth control and such don't even match the beliefs of many Catholics either. Good luck trying this though.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Santorum wants a spiritual war against liberal Protestants
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »
Why is it so enjoyable seeing fundies of different flavors flay into each other?
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »
Because it's usually fun to watch them all implode.

Ironbite-WHY DO PEOPLE VOTE FOR THIS CREEP!?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:27:14 pm »
Unfortunately, some people really are deluded enough to think he's an intelligent, decent human being.

That said, yeah...try and start a "spiritual war," Santorum.  Holy wars always work out we-oh wait...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Bright Angel

• Apprentice
  • Just Your typical Bi possible Trans kid (not sure)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »
 :P This man is a complete moron. Place Where You Shit, I hate to tell you this but you're not helping yourself with this statement. Not like it matters, because you have proven yourself incompetent and idiotic. Plus it's fun to watch you speak to make an ass out of yourself.

Anyone else see the irony about the situation
(think Kennedy)?
"Can you imagine on judgement day, when God tells you your wife was secretly a lesbian who liked you but never really loved you. That she wasn't your soul-mate after all. Better if both of you were free to find your true love."-Evil Roy Slick of Yahoo News

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:54 am »
That said, yeah...try and start a "spiritual war," Santorum.  Holy wars always work out we-oh wait...

Exactly

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMhSSYoRi4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMhSSYoRi4</a>
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 11:07:50 am »
Like we needed more proof that Santorum is batshit insane. Why is this man running for President, when he shoud be in the loonybin??

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:04 pm »
What exactly is a spiritual war? A war between ghosts?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »
I wonder if the Repubs are arguing all this B.S. (abortion, LGTB rights, etc.) because they have absolutely zero answer to fixing the economy.

Either that or they try pushing some stupid issues for Obama to veto and argue against, then later say that the president didn't accomplish anything during his presidency.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline OscarApollo

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »
I think this is the first politician to declare Satan his main political opponent. What does The Onion have left to parody now?

I wonder if the Repubs are arguing all this B.S. (abortion, LGTB rights, etc.) because they have absolutely zero answer to fixing the economy.

Either that or they try pushing some stupid issues for Obama to veto and argue against, then later say that the president didn't accomplish anything during his presidency.

You're giving both the GOP and Obama waaaay too much credit there.

Offline Podkayne

• Pope
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:39 am »
Ever stop to consider that Santorum may be right?
Don't make vague, generic threats, or else!

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »
About... what, exactly?  I'm trying to think of a political position Santorum holds that I might consider even vaguely correct in the most hypothetical sense, and I'm failing.  About abortion?  Nope.  Birth control?  Ha.  No.  About gay marriage?  Color me contrary, because I'm pretty sure he's wrong there, too.

If you mean in the sense of whether or not I've seriously considered his political positions, then yes, I have.  That's why I disagree with him.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »
Santorum argued that Satan was using the national debate over abortion as a tool to destroy the institutions of American culture — including universities, churches, the popular culture, and the government.
He's right in that the abortion debate has grown destructive, spilling over into other political issues.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:27:32 pm »
Santorum argued that Satan was using the national debate over abortion as a tool to destroy the institutions of American culture — including universities, churches, the popular culture, and the government.
He's right in that the abortion debate has grown destructive, spilling over into other political issues.

But it doesn't stop him from fanning the flames, does it?