Author Topic: Israel attacks Gaza... again...  (Read 13193 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Israel attacks Gaza... again...
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-egypt-israel-attackbre8ad16h-20121114,0,2404152.story
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's foreign ministry condemned on Wednesday a series of Israeli strikes that killed a Hamas top military commander in the Gaza Strip and called for an immediate halt to the attacks.

The attacks came despite signs that Egypt had managed to broker a truce between Israel and Palestinian militants after a five-day surge in violence which saw more than 100 missiles fired out of Gaza and repeated Israeli strikes on the enclave.

Islamist Hamas said Ahmed Al-Jaabari, who ran the organization's armed wing Izz el-Deen Al-Qassam, was killed along with a passenger when their car was targeted by an Israeli missile. A hospital spokesman in Gaza said so far that four were killed and 10 people had been wounded.

This line takes the cake for me.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/14/world/meast/gaza-israel-strike/index.html
"I would ask you, I'd ask any person around the planet: What would you do if your population was targeted day after day?" Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told CNN, later adding that "you have to see our operation as fundamentally defensive."
Yes, whatever would you do if someone, oh I dunno, made a habit of bulldozing your homes day in and day out, and called you a 'terrorist' for refusing to leave peacefully?

You'd think a people who like to whine about almost being wiped out would have a little more compassion.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Israel attacks Gaza... again...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »
And, yet, they wonder how people in other countries around the world can be violently anti-Israel.

Magical.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »
I've been thinking about this scenario a lot lately and it seems more and more less like Islamic vs. Judaism and more colonialism.  Seeing as they fought against the Church of the Nativity getting Heritage status.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »
Second verse same as the first.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »
Israeli expansionism will end the day the US threatens to bomb Tel Aviv if it continues.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 05:47:40 pm »
The thing I don't understand is, when you go on a place like Christian Forums, those who give unwavering support to Israel and think it's never wrong seem to come in two flavors:  those who who hate and/or fear Islam, and those who say we, as a Christian nation, are obligated to support the Holy Land and God's Chosen People.  It's the second one that puzzles me.  According to there own theology, aren't those "Chosen People of God" destined for hell because they don't accept Jesus?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »
Ah, always so peaceful in the holy land...

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:50:53 pm »
When I was growing up Christian, I mostly was given the idea it was important that both sides need to be acceptive and inclusive. Isrealis need to stop being assholes and the Palestians need to stop the bombings. But then again, I was given the Abrahamic kind of world view. As long as you believed in God and were a good person, you got to go to heaven. So Islam and Judism was equally valid as Christianity.

So, no. I can't think of a reason why Jews>Muslims. If you accept one as a Christian, you cannot deny the other.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »
The thing I don't understand is, when you go on a place like Christian Forums, those who give unwavering support to Israel and think it's never wrong seem to come in two flavors:  those who who hate and/or fear Islam, and those who say we, as a Christian nation, are obligated to support the Holy Land and God's Chosen People.  It's the second one that puzzles me.  According to there own theology, aren't those "Chosen People of God" destined for hell because they don't accept Jesus?
What they mean by this is, the Jews need to be around so they can A) rebuild that temple that's supposed to start the Rapture, then B) die horribly at the hands of Satan as per some prophecy that related to the Second Coming and Jesus' dictatorial rule over the world. So no, it's not exactly an "honor" to be revered in this way.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:01 pm »
What they mean by this is, the Jews need to be around so they can A) rebuild that temple that's supposed to start the Rapture, then B) die horribly at the hands of Satan as per some prophecy that related to the Second Coming and Jesus' dictatorial rule over the world. So no, it's not exactly an "honor" to be revered in this way.

This is why I fear Christian fundamentalists more than their Muslim counterparts.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:38 pm »
Israeli expansionism will end the day the US threatens to bomb Tel Aviv if it continues.

So in other words, Israeli expansionism will never end.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »
Now I feel less guilty for not liking Israel.

The military seems to have named their operation after a Biblical device, a manifestation of God used during the Jews' fight against the Egyptians.
http://gawker.com/5960562/israel-names-its-new-war-after-biblical-story-about-god-terrorizing-egyptians

Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel.
Exodus 14:19-20

Should note the "Pillar of Cloud" is only used in the Hebrew press readings; English pressers all claim the name as "Pillar of Defense".

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »
And now the war has spread to Twitter:

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/267927-israeli-military-puts-hamas-on-notice-via-twitter

Israel announced a military strike through Twitter on Wednesday, followed by an official warning to military operatives of the terrorist group Hamas not to “show their faces above ground in the days ahead.”

@IDFSpokesperson

We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.
    14 Nov 12

Israel’s Defense Forces turned to Twitter to confirm that an official military campaign was in progress in Gaza on Thursday and continued to send out updates, including the news that Hamas leader Ahmed Jabari had been killed in what a tweet called a “pinpoint strike.”

The official IDF Twitter account blasted out the news before a press conference was held, ensuring that Israeli leadership controlled how people heard the news. The tweet also represented the release of a video of the strike itself hosted on YouTube. The black and white video offers a first person, birds-eye view of an exploding car that reportedly contained Jabari.

Jabari is the most senior official of Hamas killed by the Israelis in four years, according to The New York Times.

Israel’s President Simon Peres then posted on his Facebook page that he spoke with President Obama to update him on the situation Wednesday afternoon.

Peres’s statement to Obama was similar to the remarks he posted on his Facebook page, according to multiple Israeli newspapers.

“There are limits to what Israel is able to absorb,” he wrote. “Our intension is not to raise the flames, but already for days, day and night, they are shooting rockets at Israel. Mothers and their children cannot fall asleep [sic]."

The IDF is also using Twitter to proactively defend their actions, tweeting that the military strike follows a year in which Palestinian terrorists based in the Gaza strip have fired 768 rockets into Israel.

According to the IDF account, the military action is known as "Operation Pillar of Defense."

The IDF continues to use Twitter to push out an aggressive message making their intention to continue "a widespread campaign on terror sites & operatives in the Gaza Strip, chief among them Hamas & Islamic Jihad targets." The military campaign also involves the Israeli Navy.

@IDFSpokesperson

All options are on the table. If necessary, the IDF is ready to initiate a ground operation in Gaza.
    14 Nov 12

A statement from Hamas quoted by the Times blasts Israel's action as "a dangerous crime" and the basis for a "declaration of war." Hamas's military wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades, tweeted that Israel had opened the gates of hell through the IDF's actions.

@IDFSpokesperson 14 Nov 12

We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.

Alqassam Brigades @AlqassamBrigade

@IDFSpokesperson Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)

Excellent. I propose that all international diplomacy be conducted via Twitter.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:21:12 pm »
...I can say now I kinda see where those idiot Neo's are coming from.

The Jews are freaking scary.

Joking aside, this expansionism is a dangerous sign of internal attitudes.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:26:01 pm »
These attacks into Gaza are not about expansion, but about retaliation for rockets attacks.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth