Author Topic: Armed March on Washington D.C.  (Read 13982 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Armed March on Washington D.C.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 09:53:10 pm »
They won't even be able to get into DC I'm betting.  Police will have set up roadblocks everywhere they could possibly go.

Ironbite-that's even if they get as far as actually setting a date for this stupidity.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:58 pm »
So, basically, he's emulating the WBC:  Arrange a protest that straddles the limits of the law and human decency, then smugly declare persecution when people inevitably feel threatened.

It's worse than that. The WBC at least stays enough on the right side of the law to avoid being arrested, and we're still too touchy about violating the First Amendment to find ways to legally bar them from protesting. These guys, on the other hand, are outright violating laws regarding the open carry of firearms. They'll just plain get arrested.

That's assuming that police react relatively peacefully, of course. Generally cops respond to someone brandishing a loaded weapon during an arrest by pointing a gun at them, shouting at them a few times, then shooting. As soon as they cross into an area where open carry is prohibited, they'll be lucky not to get outright gunned down.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:25:44 am by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 12:15:59 am »
Libertarian activist and radio host Adam Kokesh is hoping to get 1,000 people to march on Washington on July 4 — armed with loaded rifles. The plan, launched with a Facebook group today, is to gather on the Virginia side of the Potomac, where gun laws are lax, and then march across the bridge with loaded rifles slung over their shoulders into the District, where openly carrying weapons is generally prohibited.

This will be a non-violent event,” the Facebook group warns, “unless the government chooses to make it violent.” Already, over 200 people have said they’ll attend the march.

In other words, they plan on trying to provoke a response, encourage a violent response, and if there's violence blame other people.

Isn't that the same strategy the westboro baptist church does?

Oh wait, patches already noticed that too.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 12:26:07 am »
Either they're not going to go through with this, or they will go through with this and it will end badly.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 12:27:59 am »
Calling it now, 5 people are going to show up.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:56 am »
Political and social fallout from police pointing guns at, and especially shooting at, these yahoos would be toxic. I would hope that a nice array of LTL riot control devices are used instead. Laser dazzlers, and concentrated ultra loudspeaker squeals...then, if they don't leave, or fire off their weapons, slap 'em down with fire hoses. These devices are nasty, but I've been tear gassed before at a protest, and can say that is not something you wanna feel, either. Sucks when it's your side getting hosed (literally), but that is the chance you take when you march in the streets, no matter the cause. Cops don't hold back when you push their buttons.

http://www.laserdazzler.net/

http://disinfo.com/2009/11/vancouver-police-will-use-lrad-for-crowd-control/#sthash.gM1y18qy.dpbs

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 02:32:20 am »
I have two words that will shut down this protest:

BRIDGE OUT
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 02:41:02 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo</a>

I see your Frieza and raise you a Space Ghost!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-dE9o9U_A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-dE9o9U_A</a>
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 03:15:27 am »
thiswillendwell.jpg
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 10:57:09 am »
This also seems to be the mentality of rape apologists.

When something bad happens, they blame the victims for not protecting themselves enough.

Then they go out and start waving their piece around, and act all offended when people take their earlier advice and interpret it as a hostile act.

So, apparently, to prevent mass shootings, we need to foster a mentality that if we see people walk into crowded areas with loaded weapons, we should not immediately assume they're dangerous.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02:14 am »
Political and social fallout from police pointing guns at, and especially shooting at, these yahoos would be toxic. I would hope that a nice array of LTL riot control devices are used instead. Laser dazzlers, and concentrated ultra loudspeaker squeals...then, if they don't leave, or fire off their weapons, slap 'em down with fire hoses. These devices are nasty, but I've been tear gassed before at a protest, and can say that is not something you wanna feel, either. Sucks when it's your side getting hosed (literally), but that is the chance you take when you march in the streets, no matter the cause. Cops don't hold back when you push their buttons.

The problem is that not only does using less-lethal weapons on a large group of individuals approaching you with firearms go against police procedure, but it may just incite the "protesters" to open fire themselves. Even if it doesn't, all it takes is one idiot with his finger on the trigger and the safety off to get blasted in the eye by a dazzler and accidentally shoot the person next to him and you've got the biggest firefight on US soil since the Civil War.

If this protest actually goes forward, the only way they'll be able to non-violently stop it is set up roadblocks with armed police and hope that they stay on the "legal to open carry" side of the border.

Of course, that's assuming any of these whackjobs are so willing to die for their cause that they would actually show up with loaded guns and intentionally provoke other people with guns. As crazy as their beliefs are, I doubt most of them are legitimately "crazy". It takes a lot to get someone willing to die for what they believe in.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:30 am »
I wonder - even though these would be rifles, not handguns, in the open carry march, does DC count as a "state" in the "transporting arms across state borders" regs? Mind you, this is just a legal nitpick, but something to toss out as a discouragement to these protesters (should this gig ever occur). And since DC forbids open carry as well, is there a possible Federal violation in crossing from Virginia into DC armed like that?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 11:13:40 am »
I wonder - even though these would be rifles, not handguns, in the open carry march, does DC count as a "state" in the "transporting arms across state borders" regs? Mind you, this is just a legal nitpick, but something to toss out as a discouragement to these protesters (should this gig ever occur). And since DC forbids open carry as well, is there a possible Federal violation in crossing from Virginia into DC armed like that?

The laws regarding transport of arms across state lines is mostly a matter of "Do you violate state laws the way that you're carrying them?" A state that bans the open carry of any firearm and requires it to be locked away from all ammo in the trunk will arrest you if you come over from a state that allows you to leave a loaded gun on the passenger seat. You may be thinking of regulations regarding interstate SALE of firearms. That's a federal thing.

Also, I don't think it's a federal violation. DC has its own laws similar to a regular state. They'll be violating the laws of Washington, DC, but not anything federal. Unless they either go WAY too far and take potshots toward the White House or someone finds a small federal law that I don't know anything about that manages to apply.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 01:01:10 pm »
Dump a load of well fermented semi-liquid pig and chicken manure across the entire length of the bridge a good 18" deep. Remember to grease the road and mix marbles in with the manure. On the Washington side place a well armored gatehouse with an intercom and a rotating slot that can accommodate a rifle, a metal detector, and a full height turnstile that completely blocks the road and a sign saying "Welcome to Washington, please check your guns at the gate."

Edit: just noticed that this is my 666th post. How appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:06:24 pm by Canadian Mojo »