Author Topic: Donald Trump Says Racist Stuff  (Read 17802 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Donald Trump Says Racist Stuff
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »
Just read up on Webb, who I hadn't heard of.  His positions sound pretty good.  I'll have to see him in a debate or two, but I'm with Barb, Clinton isn't optimal, and Sanders ain't quite right either, but those three choices sound pretty good compared to the usual GOP drivel.

I dunno, Christie and Graham seem alright to me.

...Yeah, but that's because you're a Republican.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:16:06 pm »
I don't think I'd mind Christie so much either, as long as he moved away from the really batshit stuff and had some good ideas.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 09:23:33 pm »
Christie in the Oval Office would not scare or depress me nearly as much as any other stinkin' one of the GOP pig herd running atm.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
Christie brings with him the New Jersey stench of corruption and Grahm is way to much of a warhawk.

Ironbite-the Dem side isn't filling up as fast but they're a hell of a sight better then the circus the GOP has turned into.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 09:56:12 pm »
Isn't Chris Christie the guy who tries to pass off wishing death on a journalist as joking?

Yeah, no. Never voting for a guy who does something like that in public.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »
Chris Christie is Boss Tweed mk. 2. He shouldn't be in charge of a hot dog stand, let alone a state, LET ALONE a friggin country.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 10:30:26 pm »
Just read up on Webb, who I hadn't heard of.  His positions sound pretty good.  I'll have to see him in a debate or two, but I'm with Barb, Clinton isn't optimal, and Sanders ain't quite right either, but those three choices sound pretty good compared to the usual GOP drivel.

I dunno, Christie and Graham seem alright to me.

Oh Lordy.....

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 09:41:36 am »
I still think it's too bad John Huntsman can't win the nomination.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 05:27:28 am »
I love how people praise Trump for being a business owner who's not afraid to speak his mind.  Apparently as a business owner, he knows that kicking all illegals out of the country is the answer to all of our problems.

Of course, what he's not telling people is that the real problem is companies like his don't pay taxes and ship their jobs overseas. 

So I guess the GOP's new big answer to make illegals our country's big problem, since they are all obviously stealing all our jobs.  (Except that a 2 minute google search of, "form I-9" pretty much debunks that.

Now if there was a way to get Sanders to bring this point up, he'd destroy the GOP in seconds!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 08:15:05 am »
I don't think I'd mind Christie so much either, as long as he moved away from the really batshit stuff and had some good ideas.

That is, if he weren't Chris Christie.

Seriously, is there anyone worth half a damn in that damned party?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Art Vandelay

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:39 am »
While I'll probably never make sense of the batshit lunacy that is American attitudes on illegal immigrants, I do have to say that the way the wealthy both exploit it and make the morons on both sides dance like puppets is nothing short of ingenious. They occasionally call for deporting illegals, the hicks rally to their cause while bleeding hearts all cry about how actually enforcing the law is bad. It solidifies their own voter base while keeping their opponents attention focused on a smokescreen. Then of course, they "lose", stupid liberals get to feel good about their "victory", even while conservatives are winning actual victories in other areas, all while they keep using illegal immigrants to undercut all of those pesky minimum wage and benefits laws. And the best part is, this strategy never loses its effectiveness, no matter how many times the cycle is repeated. People still don't see through it, despite how utterly transparent the whole scheme is.

It's probably the most unashamedly Machiavellian thing I've ever seen, even by politicians' standards.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:24:49 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »
Σא

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 05:30:17 pm »
While I'll probably never make sense of the batshit lunacy that is American attitudes on illegal immigrants, I do have to say that the way the wealthy both exploit it and make the morons on both sides dance like puppets is nothing short of ingenious. They occasionally call for deporting illegals, the hicks rally to their cause while bleeding hearts all cry about how actually enforcing the law is bad. It solidifies their own voter base while keeping their opponents attention focused on a smokescreen. Then of course, they "lose", stupid liberals get to feel good about their "victory", even while conservatives are winning actual victories in other areas, all while they keep using illegal immigrants to undercut all of those pesky minimum wage and benefits laws. And the best part is, this strategy never loses its effectiveness, no matter how many times the cycle is repeated. People still don't see through it, despite how utterly transparent the whole scheme is.

It's probably the most unashamedly Machiavellian thing I've ever seen, even by politicians' standards.

Nowhere near as bad as Australian politicians' exploitation of the issue.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 06:28:35 pm »